Carrie Underwood - Welcome To the Jungle

13 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

ENTIRE band sounds better than GNR

No kidding. I said as much when I texted it to my friend - "why does this sound better than current Guns?"

Guitarist nails Slash's nuances in the main solo too without sounding like a carbon copy. Should have been this dude over Assba.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, James Bond said:

No kidding. I said as much when I texted it to my friend - "why does this sound better than current Guns?"

Guitarist nails Slash's nuances in the main solo too without sounding like a carbon copy. Should have been this dude over Assba.

There was many, many better options than Assba swag. 

21 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Surprisingly good (wasnt a big fan of her recent featurings with Axl). Would love to see her cover more songs. Feels almost like watching a young Axl haha 😁

She has. She’s sang SCOM, patience and November rain that I can remember. There used to video on YouTube of them.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, James Bond said:

I mean, Axl himself is basically doing an Axl impression at this point. Except worse.

Shock horror. A man who's 60 doesn't sing every song like he could just over 30 years ago. I'm still happy to go see GN'R. They still play three hours which is twice as much as they're obliged to play. Slash n Duff being there is another big plus. Axl's made a real effort to get in shape and sounds great on most songs. Go with realistic expectations or don't go. But comments like yours are just boring.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Shock horror. A man who's 60 doesn't sing every song like he could just over 30 years ago. I'm still happy to go see GN'R. They still play three hours which is twice as much as they're obliged to play. Slash n Duff being there is another big plus. Axl's made a real effort to get in shape and sounds great on most songs. Go with realistic expectations or don't go. But comments like yours are just boring.

And yet you still replied to it. Not to mention my comment was made facetiously. Personally I can't imagine being that bothered by strangers on the Internet having a different opinion than me but to each their own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

And yet you still replied to it. Not to mention my comment was made facetiously. Personally I can't imagine being that bothered by strangers on the Internet having a different opinion than me but to each their own.

Not bothered just bored. I got that it was probably meant humorously. Humours best when it's original. Just saying 😉

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

No big defense. Just my opinion. Isn't that what message boards are for?

Sure it is. Like how I voiced mine - in jest - and you insisted on telling me how I should feel:

"Go with realistic expectations or don't go."

Based on your responses it would seem as though if somebody doesn't share your same opinion, their comments are boring - to use your words.

Interesting you say it wasn't defensive when it referred to things that had nothing to even do with my initial comment. It was a jab at Axl's voice - and not even a serious one - and somehow it turns in to well at least Slash and Duff are back and they play three hours.

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Sure it is. Like how I voiced mine - in jest - and you insisted on telling me how I should feel:

"Go with realistic expectations or don't go."

Based on your responses it would seem as though if somebody doesn't share your same opinion, their comments are boring - to use your words.

Interesting you say it wasn't defensive when it referred to things that had nothing to even do with my initial comment. It was a jab at Axl's voice - and not even a serious one - and somehow it turns in to well at least Slash and Duff are back and they play three hours.

Ok you meant it as a joke. We covered that already. No one's telling you how to feel. I meant "Go with realistic expectations or don't go" as a general statement. Not aimed at you ok. Axl's getting old as happens to everyone. Some songs he's great on and some he's not. It is what it is. Again not telling anyone what they should do. Just expressing an opinion. If you think different cool.

I have great respect for all opinions. And it's always good to read and discuss different points of view. I'm sure you meant it as a joke ok but sometimes it gets tiring reading the same kinda thing (Not just you).

At the end of the day we're both here cos we love GN'R and it's fan community. Sometimes meanings can be misunderstood on the net. I respect your opinions dude.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Don't know how you can enjoy that while criticizing Slash for doing similar with Fergie.

Well, actually I do. It's called being biased. 

Both are able to sing these songs technically but I would prefer they wouldn't. Both sound to poppy IMO.

they are different singers with different voices and both can do the rock thing fairly well imo. You make it seem like they're the same person just because they're pop. Fergie also collaborated with Slash doing both original material and the PC cover as you know which a lot of people didn't like I think.