2023 WORLD TOUR

yeah 74 pages in and ive decided not to bite this time... this will be the first show i dont buy tickets the second they go on sale.. and i live 10 minutes away from the venue... the announcement was underwhelming to say the least

if they shake up the set list for the first few shows ill probably buy a ticket but otherwise its a pass this time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah 74 pages in and ive decided not to bite this time... this will be the first show i dont buy tickets the second they go on sale.. and i live 10 minutes away from the venue... the announcement was underwhelming to say the least

if they shake up the set list for the first few shows ill probably buy a ticket but otherwise its a pass this time

I'm waiting for rear standing room tickets. In 2021 when they came to Hershey they sucked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I can take a risk that this tour sold to Live Nation is not going to be a commercial success. The stadiums won't fill up like on previous tours. I predict this because that's what happened to other bands like Kiss, Motley Crue, and others that don't release music and think that touring is their ticket machine. I prefer ten concerts with the classical lineup and ending activities, rather than embarrassing myself by hearing Axl almost die singing on stage.

The new tour name: "We’re F’N Back again!" 😄😄😄😄

A new album isn't gonna sell tons of tickets. Metallica sold out many of their shows a year or more in advance for 23/24 not due to the album coming soon but because they promised a different show each night of their weekend stand and have openers that can shift tickets on their own (fake Pantera for one). Plus I think they did some kind of decently priced package for both nights. Stuff like that moves tickets not a new album featuring absurd. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

16 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

A new album isn't gonna sell tons of tickets. Metallica sold out many of their shows a year or more in advance for 23/24 not due to the album coming soon but because they promised a different show each night of their weekend stand and have openers that can shift tickets on their own (fake Pantera for one). Plus I think they did some kind of decently priced package for both nights. Stuff like that moves tickets not a new album featuring absurd. 

I just looked and not one of the Upcoming US Metallica shows are sold out, maybe you are talking about Europe, I dunno

48 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I just looked and not one of the Upcoming US Metallica shows are sold out, maybe you are talking about Europe, I dunno

All that's left for the first New Jersey show is official platinum. To me,if there aren't standard tickets left, it's sold out. I guess no show is ever truly sold out then since there's official platinum and fan to fan resale along with StubHub, Seatgeek etc 

Point stands that new music from most legacy acts isn't gonna move tickets. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

I used to follow GNR around the country . The last show I attended was Dallas 2016. After , that I wasn't impressed with how Axl's voice is . But San Antonio is really close , maybe I'll give it another shot , and add to the books . Let's see if good seats are available on Friday . I don't have the cash to jump on the nightrain this time ! 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, opalho said:

What's with the Greta Van Fleet hate? I think they're a solid band with good music and appear to be quite exciting live.

Okay, maybe not GVF. But maybe Kaleo?

I've heard their first album and it sounded cool, kind of as if Led Zep's kids formed a band. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

All that's left for the first New Jersey show is official platinum. To me,if there aren't standard tickets left, it's sold out. I guess no show is ever truly sold out then since there's official platinum and fan to fan resale along with StubHub, Seatgeek etc 

Point stands that new music from most legacy acts isn't gonna move tickets. 

They only release certain tickets for certain presales, which is why there may not be a lot of tickets available at the moment. Sometimes you’re better off waiting until the general onsale. There’s no way GnR sold out a show in presales on first day in 2023. That “demand” wasn’t even there in 2016 when there was actual demand. And new music isn’t going to move tickets. It doesn’t for any of these bands. But someone like Alice Cooper puts out new music all the time, even if only one song or so is added to the set. His reasoning: my fans want to hear new music.  Yeah, it doesn’t sell like hot cakes but it’s a good example of giving the hardcore fans something and the general public something. Everyone wins

Edited by BillConnor_1982

5 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I can take a risk that this tour sold to Live Nation is not going to be a commercial success. The stadiums won't fill up like on previous tours. I predict this because that's what happened to other bands like Kiss, Motley Crue, and others that don't release music and think that touring is their ticket machine. I prefer ten concerts with the classical lineup and ending activities, rather than embarrassing myself by hearing Axl almost die singing on stage.

The new tour name: "We’re F’N Back again!" 😄😄😄😄

This is what everyone said last time and then the last tour ended up being one of the biggest tours of that year.

When are people on these boards going to realize they don't have the data and insights that the concert promoters have.  Live Nation wouldn't book a stadium if they didn't have the data that a stadium would sell.  The band makes the same amount of money whether one ticket or all the tickets are sold.  It's the promoter choosing the venue, the venue choosing the ticket prices etc.  

Last time everyone said the tour would sell poorly and then stadiums like MetLife and Fenway park were full.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

This is what everyone said last time and then the last tour ended up being one of the biggest tours of that year.

When are people on these boards going to realize they don't have the data and insights that the concert promoters have.  Live Nation wouldn't book a stadium if they didn't have the data that a stadium would sell.  The band makes the same amount of money whether one ticket or all the tickets are sold.  It's the promoter choosing the venue, the venue choosing the ticket prices etc.  

Last time everyone said the tour would sell poorly and then stadiums like MetLife and Fenway park were full.  

I dunno. Look at how Motleys August stadium run is selling. Not very good. They might paper tickets to fill it up but the demand wasn’t there like the last run