GNR announce London '23 show

Got my tickets at 10am this morning when they went of general sale. Just gone back on TM and they still show plenty of ticket options available. 

Is this a cost of living/close to Christmas sign that people not willing to splash the cash or something else?  I didn't think I'd have much chance of getting tickets today but pleasantly surprised. Glad to be going for what might be the last time. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Got my tickets at 10am this morning when they went of general sale. Just gone back on TM and they still show plenty of ticket options available. 

Is this a cost of living/close to Christmas sign that people not willing to splash the cash or something else?  I didn't think I'd have much chance of getting tickets today but pleasantly surprised. Glad to be going for what might be the last time. 

Hyde Park holds a huge fucking amount of people. I don't think it'll get sold out completely

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

I think there's also the fact that the novelty is starting to wear off for casuals.

London 2017 was hard to get tickets for, 2022 less so, and now '23 even less. The whole "oh, Guns N' Roses are back together' thing isn't new or special any more.

The band is just the band, and those that don't follow it like us won't be as desperate to see them now. They've done it. Only a top-10 album or single that's played everywhere will ramp up casual appeal and general ticket sales to crazy levels again imo. Izzy or Steven certainly won't. People who aren't into the band like we are only care about the fella with the top hat and the redhead, and since the former's been back for nearly a decade, it's not as mindblowing as it once was. I'm almost surprised they're still able to sustain a near-constant stadium tour after over six years, many comparable acts can't or won't.

Factor in the cost of living crisis, and the fact there are other acts playing Hyde Park with a more 'general' appeal, and it wouldn't be surprising if people are opting to do other days instead (assuming people only want to fork out for one).

But for me, I like GN'R, and am a big fan of the current lineup. I always look forward to them coming to the UK, so I'll be there regardless

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

I'm surprised they would even sell enough tickets to play it at this stage, let alone fill it. 

Until last year I'd never missed GNR....now I'm just done with it really. Price of tickets is a massive factor for me of course, but also just that I can't keep repeating stuff over and over. Good memories are worth more to me. There's probably quite a few who feel the same as me. 

So yeah, price and just the fact they tour year after year with very little change are probably the main factors. 

BST is usually pretty good with dishing out the free tickets nearer the date (had a few in the past) so could be tempted nearer the time.....but not sure I can be bothered with Hyde Park/London etc. 

15 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I'm curious to see who they announce for support, usually for a big Hyde Park gig you'd expect good support.

Decent support would probably ramp up ticket sales.

They always used to have two or three stages at BST, but looks like that might be a thing of the past? 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Hyde Park holds a huge fucking amount of people. I don't think it'll get sold out completely

Springsteen is doing two nights, Thursday and Saturday, and the Saturday show sold out of the £100 tickets almost instantly, I only managed to get one for the Thursday show. Billy Joel's £100 tickets sold out similarly quickly as well. But neither artist has played London in a few years (I saw Springsteen last time he was in London in 2016) whereas GNR just did two shows this year.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:12 AM, allwaystired said:

I'm surprised they would even sell enough tickets to play it at this stage, let alone fill it. 

Until last year I'd never missed GNR....now I'm just done with it really. Price of tickets is a massive factor for me of course, but also just that I can't keep repeating stuff over and over. Good memories are worth more to me. There's probably quite a few who feel the same as me. 

So yeah, price and just the fact they tour year after year with very little change are probably the main factors. 

BST is usually pretty good with dishing out the free tickets nearer the date (had a few in the past) so could be tempted nearer the time.....but not sure I can be bothered with Hyde Park/London etc. 

They always used to have two or three stages at BST, but looks like that might be a thing of the past? 

As someone who's been to BST a few times over the past few years, it's a single stage event now.

• Like 1

I'd like to go to this but these prices... wow 

Worst part about these outdoor events it there's no cheap rafters tickets. 

Maybe they'll have good support but they really should have announced those at the same time. 

Hopefully I can pick up a ticket closer to the time

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 9:52 AM, MildlyArtistic said:

Looks like my streak of going to BST Hyde Park pretty much every year it's run since 2017 gets to carry on!

Guns N Roses followed by Billy Joel exactly a week later. Great time to be me!

That should be awesome!! 

21 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

I'll skip HP and do another EU show I think 

Altho HP is my 41st  Bday well day before 29th see what else is announced 

I can't see it being the only UK show. I'm surprised they haven't announced a new date for Glasgow yet, as that surely must be happening. That would be a good one to go to- tickets are cheaper and the Scots like a good party. Plus GNR haven't been to Scotland in years so it will be a good atmosphere. 

• Thanks 1

Why have they released these just before Xmas? Too skint and worried about the cost of living crisis to go for this. 

also, having attended BST at Hyde Park this year for the Eagles, can categorically say golden circle has grown to 50% of the field, and general admission will leave 99% of fans disappointed. We were at the very front of general admission this year and it was miles back. So it’s golden circle or nothing really. 

if I’ve got any money after Xmas, I’ll think about it. 

hyde park is a good place to see a gig though, the sound is very good, they’ve been putting gigs on there for year and have it down pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Would anyone else prefer to hear a Loaded song instead of Raw Power or whatever Duff usually sings? Loaded was a badass band 

I don't think he's done Raw Power for a while. For the last couple years he's been playing I Wanna Be Your Dog, before that was mostly Attitude and occasionally New Rose (not sure how often New Rose was played after 2017 though).

But yea, Seattlehead would be cool, or Sick, or No More... I always liked the Neurotic Outsiders cover of Janie Jones too, that would be cool to hear.

• Like 1