RIP Lisa Marie Presley

alfierose

Sad. What a curse it seems to be when you're born to a star. They seem doomed, just like their parents, to give in to drugs and succumb. Elvis, his daughter and grandson, and so many others. I'm beginning to think it's a good thing Axl doesn't have kids and TB for all the complaints we have, seem to be healthy at least.

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Sad. What a curse it seems to be when you're born to a star. They seem doomed, just like their parents, to give in to drugs and succumb. Elvis, his daughter and grandson, and so many others. I'm beginning to think it's a good thing Axl doesn't have kids and TB for all the complaints we have, seem to be healthy at least.

no one is doomed. We all have our genetic flaws, but many drug addicts and alcoholics get their shit together. I'm not saying it's easy, just that it's possible. Anyway, RIP Lisa Marie. She had such glorious hair. Her dad's hair and besides, I liked her and some of her music. 

I've never had a celebrity death really affect me, but hearing her death did and still does.  I remember when she came out with her first album and I thought "yeah right she prob sucks" but when I heard a snippet of a song I was intrigued. I even made a sig and avatar for this site with her one it!! :DHer music really helped me cope and help vent and put stuff behind in that period of my life. Her lyrics are great and her music (especially the first album) will always bring back memories of that time for me.

Gonna go listen to some now :shades:

RIP LMP

• Like 2

Axl Rose Honors Lisa Marie Presley: 'I'd Like to Think They're Together — Her and Ben with Her Father'
In an exclusive tribute, the Guns N' Roses rocker remembers his longtime friend Lisa Marie Presley after her heartbreaking death at 54
By Rachel DeSantis and Melody Chiu  Published on January 16, 2023 01:30 PM

Guns N' Roses rocker Axl Rose is remembering his close friend Lisa Marie Presley after her sudden death at age 54.

The "Sweet Child O' Mine" singer, 60, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement that losing Presley still feels surreal.

"I will miss my friend Lisa. Her passing, just as her son's, or as a kid, her father's, doesn't seem real," he says. "Lisa loved her family, all her children. My heart goes out to them."

Presley was mom to daughter Riley Keough, 33, twins Harper and Finley, 14, and son Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in July 2020 at age 27.

Rose says he knew his friend struggled with the loss of her son, and that he did his best to remind her that he was a pillar of support if needed.

"Her son's passing was shocking, tragic and devastating. It was something that, at a point, you obviously didn't want to bring up but awkwardly would in an effort to let her know you cared and were thinking about her, about them, and to be of any comfort one could, which she appreciated," he says.

Axl Rose Hopes Lisa Marie Presley Is 'Happy' with Elvis and Son Benjamin (people.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...