1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

If he can sit through that China Exchange chat with that unbelievably annoying guy (whatever his name is) he can sit through anything 😂

How did he ever even end up doing THAT? Must of bagged some serious $$$ appearance fees...or was it a hold over for doing Chinese promo, on Axl time 🤪

6 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Or listen to his interviews with Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, and David Lee Roth to get a sense of the kind of trainwreck that often happens with musicians on his shows. All of these interviews were total wastes of time that disappointed fans of those guys. No matter how much people try to say how skillfully Joe Rogan knows how to lead a conversation or how he actually does research, I can't listen to any of those interviews and believe it for a moment. Maybe he gets lucky and hits it off with some people, but the chances of it being a wasted opportunity is too high. 

DLR is a hard listen whoever his being interviewed by. His lost the plot bat shit crazy. He doesnt answer questions and goes off on his own direction.

I listen to alot of Joes pods but that was one of the toughest to get through.

Still Axl has far more he could bring to the interview table and is more of a intellectual then the ex junkies/drug addict mentioned. 

Axl also has humour and by all accounts likes to talk for hours on end. Axl did invite joe and his family backstage at greece. Not everyone mixes it up with friends/family back there. 

I love JRE's podcasts with Maynard and James Hetfield. Just fun discussions getting to know the person. No obligations to spill critical or sensitive information. Would suit Axl very well I think.

Edited by Sonicjam

28 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Yeah you’re right, but he seems to be the media whore amongst them and he is a pretty good story teller. I’m sure he could tell some awesome GNR stories from back in the day.

He will more than likely bring up the same stories about his burst pancreas and how he met Susan. 

His already released books and has plenty of interviews. Theres not much more to duff then we need to hear about again. Axl is the holy grail for a in depth interview.

3 hours ago, vloors said:

He will more than likely bring up the same stories about his burst pancreas and how he met Susan. 

His already released books and has plenty of interviews. Theres not much more to duff then we need to hear about again. Axl is the holy grail for a in depth interview.

Very true but I really don’t think Joe is the guy to conduct an in depth interview, the guys as deep as a bowl of cereal

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Very true but I really don’t think Joe is the guy to conduct an in depth interview, the guys as deep as a bowl of cereal

He actually is very good at getting people to open up and show who they really are. Its a conversation not a formal probing and anything is on the table for discussion. 

21 hours ago, meadsoap said:

Or listen to his interviews with Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, and David Lee Roth to get a sense of the kind of trainwreck that often happens with musicians on his shows. All of these interviews were total wastes of time that disappointed fans of those guys. No matter how much people try to say how skillfully Joe Rogan knows how to lead a conversation or how he actually does research, I can't listen to any of those interviews and believe it for a moment. Maybe he gets lucky and hits it off with some people, but the chances of it being a wasted opportunity is too high. 

Wasted opportunity for what? It’s simply a conversation to get to know a celebrity better. Learn funny and unique things about them in a spontaneous, light hearted way. He’s not going to be asking “So what’s this I gather about ‘The General’? Or deep GNR questions like that. No one outside of this forum cares about those details. You’re really gonna bring up the DLR episode? Roth is a basket case that laughs hysterically at every joke he makes. Remember, these podcasts are for a generic, mainstream audience. Not us GNR freaks. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2023 at 12:21 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

Jian Ghomeshi

I remember really liking his interviewing style especially with Robert Plant and Geddy Lee/Alex Lifeson.  I stopped paying attention to him at the time of some allegations that came his way a few years ago so I am not sure what he is up to nowadays, but based on the lack of his celebrity interviews being recent I am guessing the public eye wants nothing to do with him lol

Regardless of what you think about Joe, it's a good idea for Axl and the band to go on the show. Naturally, they won't. Because this band doesn't operate like a normal band in the real world. So no PR and bad ticket sales are a guarantee in America. A job well done to Team Brazil, the most abysmal band managers in recorded history. Post Elvis, no manager has fucked an artist/band harder than these bottom feeders.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ultimately I am not sure if this is Team Brazil's doing, if Axl wanted to do interviews he would be out there doing interviews. 

And if a management team pushed him to do stuff he didn't want to do, he would get a new management team so yeah for sure TB aren't gonna push the matter themselves, I think the only reason Axl hasn't done interviews is because of Axl

This is clearly the case.

• Like 2

hopefully never, I really don't want GNR tainted for me

On 7/25/2023 at 6:07 PM, meadsoap said:

Joe Rogan is a moron, but an occasionally entertaining one. I don't agree with his politics, but I listen to his podcasts sometimes if there's a good guest. Rogan adds nothing to the experience and even detracts from it sometimes, but it can still be fulfilling if the guest is motivated to talk as much as possible and is passionate about what they're discussing.

However, if there's any hint of hesitancy or unwillingness to dive into certain subjects, it's useless. Joe Rogan just isn't the type of interviewer that can make a nervous guest comfortable. Axl is not a good fit for that environment imo. Axl has too many sensitive subjects that Rogan will obliviously bumble into, and he comes off a little insulting sometimes which would make Axl shut down more. I also think that if politics get brought up, it would get a little awkward because of how much those two differ as far as political leanings are concerned.

I want Axl to be interviewed by Marc Maron or Conan O'Brien, people who actually know what a real interview is and how to handle serious topics.

I can agree with this, especially Conan

• Like 1

I'm neutral i guess, i wouldn't mind if he goes on the podcast, i just wanna hear Axl talk, even if it has to be about boxing or UFOs and dumb shit, i won't care about his political views if he lets our guy talk.

I liked when he invited the dude from the Ancient Civilizations doc (i know its bs but i found it entertaining) also watched the Anthony Kiedis interview, The Undertaker, and the Aaron Rodgers one (it ended up being boring as hell), besides that, i generally try to avoid watching or interacting with any of his content cause if you are part of a certain demographic and you like or double tap even one of his videos or -reels/shorts/whatever- the algorithms will immediately push you to the conspiracy side of social media, and after a day you'll have nothing left on your feed to interact with other than obsessive anti government dumbasses/tate brothers fanatics/ and anti western lunatics which i completely despise.

"WaKe UP tHey are lYing to YOu"... Bro just shut the fuck up.

Whatever, we know that Axl is not gonna do it anyway. But it's interesting that he invited him to the concert, so we can at least tell that he doesn't dislike the guy, huh?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I'm neutral i guess, i wouldn't mind if he goes on the podcast, i just wanna hear Axl talk, even if it has to be about boxing or UFOs and dumb shit, i won't care about his political views if he lets our guy talk.

I liked when he invited the dude from the Ancient Civilizations doc (i know its bs but i found it entertaining) also watched the Anthony Kiedis interview, The Undertaker, and the Aaron Rodgers one (it ended up being boring as hell), besides that, i generally try to avoid watching or interacting with any of his content cause if you are part of a certain demographic and you like or double tap even one of his videos or -reels/shorts/whatever- the algorithms will immediately push you to the conspiracy side of social media, and after a day you'll have nothing left on your feed to interact with other than obsessive anti government dumbasses/tate brothers fanatics/ and anti western lunatics which i completely despise.

"WaKe UP tHey are lYing to YOu"... Bro just shut the fuck up.

Whatever, we know that Axl is not gonna do it anyway. But it's interesting that he invited him to the concert, so we can at least tell that he doesn't dislike the guy, huh?

I don't think Axl would have invited Joe to the show and took a pic with him if he didn't like interacting with him

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rovim said:

that guy is a complete nutcase and a cancer. but doesnt surprise me lots of stupid americans listen to him. and stuff like this is the exact reason why axl will never be on his show. he would never want to be associated with subhumans like that

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

that guy is a complete nutcase and a cancer. but doesnt surprise me lots of stupid americans listen to him. and stuff like this is the exact reason why axl will never be on his show. he would never want to be associated with subhumans like that

Axl chose to work with Buckethead and DJ Ashba, so he has plenty of tolerance for subhumans