The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think a Slash solo would make State Of Grace a better tune, Just keep the same vibe the guitars give it, but with a mean solo. Kinda like how I think Chinese, I.R.S, and TWAT improved after Axl added Bucket's solos.

I can hear that.
Out of curiousity, from the leaks, do you have a favourite?

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Just read an article about David Crosby which contained an interview with him from last year. 

"If I can't make records I don't have new material to go out and play and I can't just go out and do my hits. That's just not OK, that's not good enough. Even at this late stage of the game." 

Just an ounce of that attitude would do wouldn't it?

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Twelve pages? That's only two more! 

The old thread was closed at 1000 pages....this one will be too I'd imagine. 

Dats da joke

Edited by Sledge
Wrong reply
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

I can hear that.
Out of curiousity, from the leaks, do you have a favourite?

I don't consider the instrumental leaks as Gn'R tunes cause those versions don't contain vocals. A lot of potential though.

from the few we got with vocals I like Atals and State Of Grace. Perhaps and Eye On You are also cool. I prefer the leaked version of HS with the different chords in the bridge and the 2 guitar lines on top of it. Going Down 2019 leak is also pretty good.

Just now, Rovim said:

I don't consider the instrumental leaks as Gn'R tunes cause those versions don't contain vocals. A lot of potential though.

from the few we got with vocals I like Atals and State Of Grace. Perhaps and Eye On You are also cool. I prefer the leaked version of HS with the different chords in the bridge and the 2 guitar lines on top of it. Going Down 2019 leak is also pretty good.

Yeah, I meant from the ones with vocals. Atlas Shrugged and State Of Grace are my favourites.

• GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think a Slash solo would make State Of Grace a better tune, Just keep the same vibe the guitars give it, but with a mean solo. Kinda like how I think Chinese, I.R.S, and TWAT improved after Axl added Bucket's solos.

Now THERE is a conversation that has been had a million times! 

You do realise that's all the new album thread is, right? The same things said over and over on repeat? 

The irony of then saying 'oh, we need to stop talking about X Y and Z is a bit much, given that it's just endless 'what ifs' and 'Slash would sound better than Buckethead did on the leak/Buckethead sounds better than Slash would' stuff. 

At this stage, it's all just the same stuff. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Why would anyone have 'favourite' fuck ups? 

ridiculous isn't it? but people are strange, so maybe for the same reason that someone would constantly point out the same exact negatives, just worded differently in a fan forum of a rock band.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

ridiculous isn't it? but people are strange, so maybe for the same reason that someone would constantly point out the same exact negatives, just worded differently in a fan forum of a rock band.

.....how about constantly telling people what they should and shouldn't talk about on a fan forum? Is that ridiculous? 

You do realise the irony of saying these things right? 

I used to come here alot back when we were all waiting for CD and a little after the release. Then after 2011 I kind of just moved on still was a fan but nothing much was really surfacing until I found out just last year alot of stuff leaked in 2019 and also with them releasing Hard Skool and Absurd (liked the original Silkworms better but I do like it nonetheless) kind of re peaked my hope in hearing some more unreleased stuff with vocals. Im willing to bet from 2002 to 2014 there are at least a handful of songs with vocals that haven't leaked. Why they seemingly refuse to release some of this stuff I dont know I mean I have a few guesses but I do believe we will all EVENTUALLY hear them released or leaked or both, its just a question of when and what manner it will happen first. I am really curious about Berlin (Oklahoma), Soul Monster, Seven and The General. Don't get me wrong I would love to hear anything pre CD as well as im a fan of all eras of GnR but I was a huge CD era fan and think it was a missed opportunity because of lack of promotion for CD, not releasing CD2 which Axl said was pretty much done, and let's not forget all the ass-hats stuck in the past not giving CD and the linup(s) at the time a proper chance before shitting all over it because "its not the original lineup" 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

but what's the point in wishing Axl had the attitude of a much more prolific person? 15 years after Chinese, at age 61, I don't think it's very likely. 

it's difficult to change your attitude, even a little, when you don't have the interest to do so. Axl is nothing like most musicians. He is not prolific for whatever reason.

the list of prolific musicians like David Crosby was is almost endless and completely irrelevant when it comes to Axl.

Well I'd be inclined to agree, but then when Kirk Hammett called them out for being a nostalgia act they got bent out of shape over it. You can't have it every way. So either accept and be out front you're nostalgia through and through or release music.

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

.....how about constantly telling people what they should and shouldn't talk about on a fan forum? Is that ridiculous? 

You do realise the irony of saying these things right? 

what are you talking about? you complain about the same shit all the time. When I communicate how boring it is for me to read the same negative shit Pele style again and again it's not the same as constantly telling people what they should or shouldn't talk about.

without critic it's also boring, but after a certain amount of negative shit and years of it, I think it becomes less appropriate to mostly keep posting how shit the band is with the same reasons as always in a place that is supposed to also respect the admiration of the fans by finally accepting it for what it is. 

that's just my opinion and preference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well I'd be inclined to agree, but then when Kirk Hammett called them out for being a nostalgia act they got bent out of shape over it. You can't have it every way. So either accept and be out front you're nostalgia through and through or release music.

how Axl chooses to define himself as a musician or Gn'R as a band, doesn't matter to me tbh. It barely matters how I define them to myself, which is a nostalgia act, but the point of the post stands: comparing Axl/Gn'R to any other artist is pointless imo. Wishing for someone to be someone they're not is also pointless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rovim said:

what are you talking about? you complain about the same shit all the time. When I communicate how boring it is for me to read the same negative shit Pele style again and again it's not the same as constantly telling people what they should or shouldn't talk about.

without critic it's also boring, but after a certain amount of negative shit and years of it, I think it becomes less appropriate to mostly keep posting how shit the band is with the same reasons as always in a place that is supposed to also respect the admiration of the fans by finally accepting it for what it is. 

You know you spend pretty much all of your time telling everyone else how negative they are? And what they should and shouldn't say? 

You realise that, right? 

Perhaps it might be time to accept that this fan forum isn't a "place that is supposed to also respect the admiration of the fans" and a place where the majority of people seem to come to kill time, take the piss a bit, and share their thoughts, without wanting to be told what they can and can't say? 

I mean there probably are places online stuffed full of the "respect and admiration" you want, but thank fuck this forum isn't one of them. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You know you spend pretty much all of your time telling everyone else how negative they are? And what they should and shouldn't say? 

You realise that, right? 

this is what I was talking about. You are being negative again.

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

This.

Everyone is allowed to speak their mind and give their opinion, whether it’s positive or negative. Everyone is allowed to give criticism and complain. Lord knows most of it is justified with this band. 

However, there are a handful of posters who come here pretty much every day to repeat the same negative shit, just worded differently. It’s like they are obsessed. And then when you react and tell them it’s clear and no need to repeat themselves constantly, they get offended and call you the “GnR fan brigade” or some shit like that. Ridiculous. I don’t understand why the moderators don’t say something.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I don’t think it’ll happen either. I’d bet that the band is harbouring some resentment due to the bad reception received for the two singles released in 2021

If they do, they definitely shouldn’t as the promotion was severely lacking, and if my memory is correct, Hard Skool dropped without any announcement from the bands socials and there was no acknowledgement of it in the first show they did post release where they never played it. Then there was the whole E.P. or single shenanigans. It was never advertised as an E.P. on GNR’s store, but it was advertised as a Single and a Maxi-Single in Japan. 

The advertisements for the Locked N’ Loaded boxset was incredible. Billboards, posters all across America and Europe. It was what you’d expect from a band of that calibre. I’m guessing that would’ve been funded by Universal or something, but they really went all out to promote the release. I’m hoping, if Guns ever do drop another record, that they follow suit.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

This.

Everyone is allowed to speak their mind and give their opinion, whether it’s positive or negative. Everyone is allowed to give criticism and complain. Lord knows most of it is justified with this band. 

However, there are a handful of posters who come here pretty much every day to repeat the same negative shit, just worded differently. It’s like they are obsessed. And then when you react and tell them it’s clear and no need to repeat themselves constantly, they get offended and call you the “GnR fan brigade” or some shit like that. Ridiculous. I don’t understand why the moderators don’t say something.

And yet, you repeat the same post about everyone complaining... so it's kinda the same thing. The people who write the same post over and over again about GNR are never going to change, and you're never going to stop either

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

And yet, you repeat the same post about everyone complaining... so it's kinda the same thing. The people who write the same post over and over again about GNR are never going to change, and you're never going to stop either

But I don’t. It’s just not true. I have barely posted here in the last months and I haven’t responded to the negativity in almost a year until this week when the usual suspects started to rain on other people’s parade in the touring thread with the usual negativity that they spew out hundreds of times before. And in my defense, I was sincerely curious why they feel the need to again post the same shit when most other people in there were all excited for the summer shows. So it’s just not true what you say.

Edited by EvanG

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

how Axl chooses to define himself as a musician or Gn'R as a band, doesn't matter to me tbh. It barely matters how I define them to myself, which is a nostalgia act, but the point of the post stands: comparing Axl/Gn'R to any other artist is pointless imo. Wishing for someone to be someone they're not is also pointless.

But I wasn't comparing them to any other artist, I was just saying when a big name musician shone a light on what they are actually doing they were embarrassed and a bit pissed off. I don't really care if they ever follow up Chinese at this point in time, and I don't care if they tour endlessly either. Boring yes, as an old fan disappointing but I (mostly) accept it for what it is. Not saying I'm not interested in new music etc. But I have no expectation from them other than to not do the things I would find interesting.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

But I don’t. It’s just not true. I have barely posted here in the last months and I haven’t responded to the negativity in almost a year until this week when the usual suspects started to rain on other people’s parade in the touring thread with the usual negativity that they spew out hundreds of times before. And in my defense, I was sincerely curious why they feel the need to again post the same shit when most other people in there were all excited for the summer shows. So it’s just not true what you say.

But you do agree that now that you are responding again, it's the same back and forth you had last year and the year before that? 

And I think the "negative" posters who repeat themselves are just as curious as you just in a different way, 'why are people still interested in this thing when I have no interest anymore?' That's my best guess. 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

But I wasn't comparing them to any other artist, I was just saying when a big name musician shone a light on what they are actually doing they were embarrassed and a bit pissed off. I don't really care if they ever follow up Chinese at this point in time, and I don't care if they tour endlessly either. Boring yes, as an old fan disappointing but I (mostly) accept it for what it is. Not saying I'm not interested in new music etc. But I have no expectation from them other than to not do the things I would find interesting.

But you do agree that now that you are responding again, it's the same back and forth you had last year and the year before that? 

And I think the "negative" posters who repeat themselves are just as curious as you just in a different way, 'why are people still interested in this thing when I have no interest anymore?' That's my best guess. 

I’m not denying I have never commented on it before, and I’m not the only one. I’ve heard the sentiment that we react every single time to their complaints, and that’s not true. If we had to react every time they repeat themselves on here we would be here every day having a full time job reacting to it, and that’s not the case. But yes, it is annoying to constantly having to scroll through the same shit and seeing so much turning into a ‘GnR sucks’ thread, so I think it’s fair to say something now and then. I realize there’s an ignore feature, and I have some on ignore, but when it takes over the thread an ignore feature has no use.

In the touring thread another poster who is also annoyed at this made a smart comment, and I think I know why they are on constant repeat in sharing their disappointment now. If only they could see it themselves, then maybe they would take it a bit more easy and this forum could be more enjoyable to read again.