The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

The Absurd release was so trippy, I'd never have imagined that the first single to come out of a reunion would be Silkworms :lol:

Thinking about it, Hard Skool would have made much more sense as a first release as it's more in the classic GN'R style and would have been received better I feel. Absurd still would have made a fun b-side. I've actually come to like it a lot though and love Slash's lead work on it. 

...and Better made way more sense to be the first single off of CD but that isn't GNR logic. 

Let's start with the singles that will get mixed reviews!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Brain never formally left the band, weirdly enough. He had a kid and decided to take a paternity leave, and has basically just been on paternity leave ever since. He still comes to the shows sometimes and hangs out backstage and stuff.

Is this true or are you just pulling me leg? Lol

28 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Yet some people here genuinely believe they could write and record a brand new album and actually release it at some point. 

Talk about glutton for punishment!

I think someone summed it up here when they mused that the issue is that if band members hand ideas over it risks the demos sitting there doing nothing for ages. I mean, Slash has got an outlet for his new material in SMKC and it'll actually get released and played live. Tommy hasn't been able to do anything with Going Down and Ten Percenter for over two decades. 

I think the only way GN'R would release anything is if they worked with someone like Kevin Shirley who gets bands to record quickly. Otherwise it'll be Chinese all over again and indeed we still haven't got all of the Chinese songs released officially and they're over twenty years old at this point. 

2 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What new album? Slash confirmed no such things exists. 

The non-existing one that no one in the band has begun writing or recording. We all know how the process will go once we get any confirmation from Slash that HE has started to iron out some ideas sometime next year. 

22 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

does anyone think as as me tha "absusd-hard school- perhaps" are the worst song exepct "my word" that GNR ever did ?

Perhaps is 5/10. Absurd and hard skool are both great songs but i prefer the leaked versions.

59 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

does anyone think as as me tha "absusd-hard school- perhaps" are the worst song exepct "my word" that GNR ever did ?

Not quite, but they're up there. HS is great in the leak, but the released version robs every single aspect of that demo version. Completely soulless.

• Like 1

Anybody see the Slash Interview where he said he's on tour with GNR til october and then he's busy with a TV show and the upcoming SMKC tour in January? seems like GNR album plans are on hold for Slash anyway😄 I'm shocked!

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Perhaps is better than both of the other two, still not blown away by it though... I have to hear a finished version before I say anything though. Hardskool is right up there with something like Shotgun blues, Absurd is possibly their worst song though

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Anybody see the Slash Interview where he said he's on tour with GNR til october and then he's busy with a TV show and the upcoming SMKC tour in January? seems like GNR album plans are on hold for Slash anyway😄 I'm shocked!

Where's this interview?

On 6/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t hear bucket on absurd. If you’re talking about the killswitch intro, I’m pretty sure that’s a synth done by Melissa (previously Pitman).

I believe that killswitch is Buckethead. 

Aside from that, you can hear Bucket's outro guitar (same as the leaked version with Bumblefoot) buried in the official version of Absurd. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Absurd is not good. It’s just not pleasurable to listen to at all. It feels like a chore to listen to it. Hard Skool is a decent rocker. It’s better than Riad and scraped.  The original version is superior. I like the long intro. I like the way it builds into the main song. Perhaps is a decent mid tempo rocker. I really like the piano breakdown near the end. I don’t know that Slash could do much to make it dramatically better. But none of these tracks are absolute bangers like the best CD songs or any of the really good early stuff. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

Absurd is not good. It’s just not pleasurable to listen to at all. It feels like a chore to listen to it. Hard Skool is a decent rocker. It’s better than Riad and scraped.  The original version is superior. I like the long intro. I like the way it builds into the main song. Perhaps is a decent mid tempo rocker. I really like the piano breakdown near the end. I don’t know that Slash could do much to make it dramatically better. But none of these tracks are absolute bangers like the best CD songs or any of the really good early stuff. 

Disagree on both points. Absurd is great. It's killer. And Riad destroys HS. Especially the 2001 mix RTB mix with the heavy as fuck Tommy bassline. Has to be that mix. 

• Like 1

More and more I think someone hit the nail on the head.  I bet they really don’t release anything substantial until that sanctuary 20 year contract ends in 2025 and Axl Grease gets his credits back.  Forgot they actually spoke of 60-70 songs 3-4 lists of completed songs.  Just re-read Chinese whispers.  I did notice some things have been changed in there or taken out.  

—Gimmie some reggae!

5 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Disagree on both points. Absurd is great. It's killer. And Riad destroys HS. Especially the 2001 mix RTB mix with the heavy as fuck Tommy bassline. Has to be that mix. 

This is the beauty of the message board in that we can agree to disagree. I have all the locker stuff but not sure I know which is the RTB version of Riad

And for the record we are arguing about which mediocre song is better than the other. Every song on Appetite are better than these songs. And almost every song on the Ilusions are better than these songs. 

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1