The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

18 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

The people on here and the other forums have been anticipating the rest of the Chinese Democracy songs for so long.

Let's pretend we've reached a future where every song has been released, and you're still alive.

What are you all going to do afterwards? Would you still stick around the GnR forums afterwards for long, or would you move onto something else now that the very long Chinese Democracy era of releases have ended?

I think I’d still pop in here every now and then.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

The people on here and the other forums have been anticipating the rest of the Chinese Democracy songs for so long.

Let's pretend we've reached a future where every song has been released, and you're still alive.

What are you all going to do afterwards? Would you still stick around the GnR forums afterwards for long, or would you move onto something else now that the very long Chinese Democracy era of releases have ended?

I'd probably still waste time looking for Ides Of March drums down mix so I could trade it for Seven or an Oh My God remix or something.

Even if they had all been released there would be early mixes to hunt for lol

Edited by Shacklermyrye

3 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I disagree. Outside of this forum, HTGTH, and the Ultimate Classic Rock website, the news of Absurd and Hard Skool’s releases in 2021 came and went with no fanfare. A release of something new now will have the same minimal impact, unless Axl, Slash, and Duff sit down with a legitimate music news outlet or publication, and discuss the song and what follows thereafter.

This isn’t 1991, when Guns was the biggest band in the world, and the wait for the UYI releases was maybe the most talked about event in music history at that time.

Ah... I didn't say anything about global fanfare. I said it was news. And by that I mean that some level of more casual gnr fans and critics were made aware of the release because rolling stone, classic rock, blabbermouth, loudwire etc. All picked up the songs and wrote reviews and articles about what it might mean in terms of new music. A lot of people to this day are still unaware there's new music out, but they are also just learning that Slash is back in the band and that Chinese was released nearly over a decade ago, so...

Never said it was comparable to 91. Nothing is and ever will be for gnr, I'm not that delusional. Now i've obviously wasted many years of my life on a gnr forum, but most of us know the score🤣

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I would still wait for pro shot videos of concerts from various periods of the band. :lol:

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I'd probably still waste time looking for Ides Of March drums down mix so I could trade it for Seven or an Oh My God remix or something.

Even if they had all been released there would be early mixes to hunt for lol

If all of the CD era songs were released, and have Bumblefoot, the Buckethead mixes would be sought after. If all of the Bucket mixes were released/obtained, well, that's it for me! Peace. 

Just kidding, I'd talk about it until I was in heaven, and even then, complain I can't have my music there. 

My prediction.. if the Chinese leftovers are released at some point, people who have waited for over 2 decades will initially convince themselves that it's brilliant. 

But in reality, if an album contains Atlas, Perhaps, HS, Absurd, it will be ok at best. 

There'll also be a small few complaining about Slash and Duff and wishing that Richard played lead and was on the merchandise :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

If we get all Chinese Democracy-era songs - hell, if we get The General, Soul Monster, Seven and officially-released Perhaps -, I would finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.

This is exactly where I’m at too. Just that very same handful of tracks and I’d probably vanish like Luke Skywalker sitting on that rock. 😆

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry that this isn't 100% on topic, but is there a good resource for learning more about the ChiDem sessions, the track selection, etc? I'm a long time casual fan, newer hardcore fan and have always been fascinated by what the fanbase knew in 1996-2007 about the album. I know Atlas was swapped for Catcher pretty late in the game, but I'm curious how much was known about the other unreleased songs at the time. Was everyone expecting Perhaps, Hardskool, etc to appear on an album? Were some songs brand new knowledge when the album dropped?

7 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

That depends on if there's any rumors about GNR working on brand new music. I'm always interested in hearing new GNR music.

If all CD-era material has been released and there's no talk about new music at all, then I have no reason to come to these forums anymore. Info about new music is the only reason why I visit this place.

So if there's no talk about new music at all, then I won't care anymore. I'll be grateful for all the music that GNR has released, but I don't really care about touring or other stuff related to the band much. I only care about new music.

To be honest I'll probably always check what's going on on this forum every now and then, just to see if there's any rumours about new music. But the less likely it is that new music will come out, the less I'll visit this site.

16 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

Sorry that this isn't 100% on topic, but is there a good resource for learning more about the ChiDem sessions, the track selection, etc? I'm a long time casual fan, newer hardcore fan and have always been fascinated by what the fanbase knew in 1996-2007 about the album. I know Atlas was swapped for Catcher pretty late in the game, but I'm curious how much was known about the other unreleased songs at the time. Was everyone expecting Perhaps, Hardskool, etc to appear on an album? Were some songs brand new knowledge when the album dropped?

Chinese Whispers on GNREvo and crawling through the news archives of HTGTH from 95-2008 will provide a solid primer on the saga.

However knowledge and info that came to light after those periods is harder to come by. Appetite For Discussion is another good source to browse.

Edited by Axl S

18 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

Both Atlas and Catcher were on a list from January 2008 from an email titled "CD2" and it included Perhaps (with a question mark after) JChan (Hardschool) Soul M, The General, Soul M, Tonto, Thyme, Cuban Skies, and many others.

A few or more songs were moved between the first two records. Catcher was one of them, and Atlas was too according to what Bumblefoot said in an interview, and almost made it except the CD couldn't fit it. 

CD2 coming out sometime between 2009 and 2014 would have been a great way to wrap up that era, if that happened, they still would of had enough to work with post 2014 for the NITL eventual album.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

Has anyone tried to use AI on the ‘The General’ recording to remove the crowd noise? 

Yes I have. I was able to improve the audio to an extent but it's impossible to remove the crowd noise without taking parts of the music with it..

Here (yes I understand the words will be mostly wrong lol)

I mean, with A-list photographers shooting the band, Perhaps being sound checked and The General showing up on the set list pics (and also likely soundchecked in bits) it’s insane to think we may be on the cusp of an album type release right? That’s for fans of other bands, yes? 🫣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I mean, with A-list photographers shooting the band, Perhaps being sound checked and The General showing up on the set list pics (and also likely soundchecked in bits) it’s insane to think we may be on the cusp of an album type release right? That’s for fans of other bands, yes? 🫣

Sure hope so, hopefully Atlas is on there as well always liked that one. I really hope Oklahoma or even Quiksong as I think slash and duff could do a good job with those already guitar based tracks. I think Oklahoma was more recently known as Berlin and it should have lyrics now unlike the version we heard on the village leaks because it was on the setlist for House Of Blues '01 as an alternative to Rhiad N' The Bedouins

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ollster42 said:

Sure hope so, hopefully Atlas is on there as well always liked that one. I really hope Oklahoma or even Quiksong as I think slash and duff could do a good job with those already guitar based tracks. I think Oklahoma was more recently known as Berlin and it should have lyrics now unlike the version we heard on the village leaks because it was on the setlist for House Of Blues '01 as an alternative to Rhiad N' The Bedouins

That main riff in Oklahoma/Berlin was mean as fuck, so yeah if there’s a larger release in the pipes I sure hope that’s on it!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I doubt we're on the cusp of anything. If we get two new songs and one of them is Perhaps, Atlas, SoG or OMG then that would be an incredibly nice surprise.

I know we think we can see The General through that setlist photo. I think it looks like that too. I still don't believe it until I see it clear on a verified setlist photo.

And even then I won't believe it's coming until I hear a soundcheck for it or it releases.

Perhaps seems like a lock though. Would expect that no later than end of 2024...