The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

15 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Did I read something about Ross Halfin photographing them - is that right? Begs the question - why now?

Yes, he photographed them at Hyde Park. Could be coincidental, because he has been shooting the Motley Crue/Def Leppard tour and they happened to be playing in London a day after (?) GN'R played. It's still interesting though, as he hasn't been at any GN'R reunion shows before. And, considering that professional photographers are not allowed at GN'R gigs, he was there with special permission (or was invited). Moreover, Axl's friend Sante D'Orazio was there to take pictures (it seems Axl invited him). So it might mean something.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

so much for being alive then :rofl-lol:

what if GnR promised even newer music straight afterwards? would you fade back into existence? or not go through this waiting game again?

It depends on how disappointing the songs end up being

worse song + more hype = more enlightenment

15 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Anyone think Bach has discs of these unheard songs?

Never considered that before, I doubt it. It's not a diss but I doubt he was trusted to have them.

He more than likely does have stuff from the Angel Down sessions we havent heard though. If not Axl trying out things on a few other songs off the record probably alt takes & he must have the accapella's.

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Never considered that before, I doubt it. It's not a diss but I doubt he was trusted to have them.

He more than likely does have stuff from the Angel Down sessions we havent heard though. If not Axl trying out things on a few other songs off the record probably alt takes & he must have the accapella's.

Yea and I guess when he heard all those things off Chinese, it was at Axl's house...

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

You're not planning something illegal, are you? :D

Yea, Im gonna impersonate Skid Row management and offer Sebastian the lead role back, in exchange for everything he has...

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Did I read something about Ross Halfin photographing them - is that right? Begs the question - why now?

Live release perhaps...photos for booklet/promo

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Axl S said:

I doubt we're on the cusp of anything. If we get two new songs and one of them is Perhaps, Atlas, SoG or OMG then that would be an incredibly nice surprise.

I know we think we can see The General through that setlist photo. I think it looks like that too. I still don't believe it until I see it clear on a verified setlist photo.

And even then I won't believe it's coming until I hear a soundcheck for it or it releases.

Perhaps seems like a lock though. Would expect that no later than end of 2024...

I never understand why OMG is always mentioned as a possible song to release. It was already officially released. In 1999. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I never understand why OMG is always mentioned as a possible song to release. It was already officially released. In 1999. 

Because it's one of the few songs we really know about. We have the demo from 2006 and it was on the CD2 email from 2008. However, Axl at one point also wanted to release "10 bonus tracks" and said after CD was released that OMG wasn't taken very seriously. But we know it has complete vocals and it was worked on in the 2000s, so it gets mentioned.

I don't think it will be re-released, but this is a fanbase so starved for material that re-recorded versions of 20+ year old songs is something that people actually want... :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Because it's one of the few songs we really know about. We have the demo from 2006 and it was on the CD2 email from 2008. However, Axl at one point also wanted to release "10 bonus tracks" and said after CD was released that OMG wasn't taken very seriously. But we know it has complete vocals and it was worked on in the 2000s, so it gets mentioned.

I don't think it will be re-released, but this is a fanbase so starved for material that re-recorded versions of 20+ year old songs is something that people actually want... :lol:

I will never understand why a song that was already officially released was worked on in any capacity. Who does this?! This would be like if Metallica had continued to work on I Disappear after it was already officially released for MI2. I can’t think of any other artist ever doing this. And yes people are so starved and desperate for new material they would be interested in another version of OMG lol. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I will never understand why a song that was already officially released was worked on in any capacity. Who does this?! This would be like if Metallica had continued to work on I Disappear after it was already officially released for MI2. I can’t think of any other artist ever doing this. And yes people are so starved and desperate for new material they would be interested in another version of OMG lol. 

I'd like to think Absurd and OMG were originally intended for the remix album, or as bonus tracks... half a dozen remixes, Absurd and OMG would've be a fine bonus disc for a re-release with the alternate artwork, a decade ago.

There's plenty of artists that have re-released songs, from Motley Crue to Cradle Of Filth to Taylor Swift, but it would be ridiculous for GNR to re-release OMG as anything other than a bonus track.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arnuld said:

If there was not at some point at least the intention to release it again, why would they continue to work on it by having BBF record guitar parts for it?

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If there was not at some point at least the intention to release it again, why would they continue to work on it by having BBF record guitar parts for it?

I understand that was the case but it’s so insane and would be completely insane to pass off a 24 year sound track song as a brand new single. I don’t even think Axl would do that. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think it's probably as simple as: Axl looks the best he's looked in a few years, so this is the time to get a bunch of photos for future promo. We'll probably see announcements for tours in 2025, 2026, etc using photos from this tour... :shrugs:

That doesn't make much sense to me. The photos they already have by the Guillherme guy would suffice for this purpose. And Axl looked good last year, too (it's mainly his new stage attire that makes him look better this year), so they could use Kat's pictures from then as well, as she made them more flattering (and they're not all black and white, there are color and b&w versions of each picture).

The footage from the show in Rome suggests that they may have a filming crew on this tour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. The photos they already have by the Guillherme guy would suffice for this purpose. And Axl looked good last year, too (it's mainly his new stage attire that makes him look better this year), so they could use Kat's pictures from then as well, as she made them more flattering (and they're not all black and white, there are color and b&w versions of each picture).

The footage from the show in Rome suggests that they may have a filming crew on this tour.

How so?

Edited by colonizedmind

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Didn't they have filming crews for years? 

But yes... This production and editing looks different and promising... 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

How so?

I don't know, the shots, the angles, etc. look more professional. I don't think they compiled this from cell phone clips taken by crew and entourage members and from shots by the stage screens video crew.

• Like 1

Pretty sure they’ve had film crews with them for years.  I think every show is still proshot or semi-proshot at minimum. I’d almost bet even the Chinese years were too.  Maybe not studio stuff, but otherwise. Just speculating.  Even when Meegan is filming you can see people Filming on stage at times.

1 minute ago, UYI4 said:

Pretty sure they’ve had film crews with them for years.  I think every show is still proshot or semi-proshot at minimum. I’d almost bet even the Chinese years were too.  Maybe not studio stuff, but otherwise. Just speculating.  Even when Meegan is filming you can see people Filming on stage at times.

Yes. They are filming for the screens.

7 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

There is always a crew for what is projected on the video screens. That's where the Selects footage came from. That's a standard. But a film crew that takes panoramic shots or shots from different angles, or like the one they had on the UYI tour and followed them behind the scenes is a different thing.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2