The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

58 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It just becomes more and more apparent the more you think about it, plus given the now announced plans for the unreleased ChiDem material .... That the 2008 album was a "best of" collection  and the trilogy idea for reasons we may never know was completely scrapped. Say what you want about "plans before the reunion happened" but the fact that only 4-6 songs unreleased ChiDem songs were picked to be reworked and released I think makes it glaringly obvious that what we got in 2008 was going to be the last big release from this band.

I don't think the trilogy idea was ever aborted, I think it just became so difficult for Axl to get this project done whether it was because of his own issues or the label or band members leaving or the luke warm public reaction I think he just didn't want to have anything to do with that process anymore.   He was clearly still interested in touring but he lost his passion to make a record

• Like 1

There will never be another full studio album from GNR. Accept it. They’ve been reunited for 7 years. If they were gonna do it they would’ve done it in 2018. They do the bare minimum of keeping excitement to keep fans a little bit interested. They are 100% a touring nostalgia act now. Slash has released 2 albums since the reunion. Duff has released 1. Dizzy fuckin reed even put one out. It’s not the bands fault that an album won’t happen, it’s all Axl. Axl owns the band. The band didn’t reunite, Slash and Duff joined NuGNR essentially. Axl has all the say and the rights to the brand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It just becomes more and more apparent the more you think about it, plus given the now announced plans for the unreleased ChiDem material .... That the 2008 album was a "best of" collection  and the trilogy idea for reasons we may never know was completely scrapped. Say what you want about "plans before the reunion happened" but the fact that only 4-6 songs unreleased ChiDem songs were picked to be reworked and released I think makes it glaringly obvious that what we got in 2008 was going to be the last big release from this band.

I don't agree that Chinese Democracy was a" best of" album nor that we will only get 4-6 songs from the unreleased CD material. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

We don't know. 'Me and My Elvis' is a song on the Locker leaks, dating back to 2000 or before. Then in 2008, Axl talked about a song called 'Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul' aka 'The Soul Monster' which would "undoubtedly" end up being called "Soul Monster". He would also mention that this song had had the working title 'Leave Me Alone'. Beltrami in 2003 mentioned that he had worked on 'Leave Me Alone'. So the song that ended up being called Soul Monster existed back in 2003 (as Leave Me Alone) and might have started off as 'Me and My Elvis' even earlier, but that is just speculation based on both of these songs having the name Elvis in them. It could absolutely be that Me and My Elvis and Leave Me Alone/The Soul Monster are two different songs, although is is reasonable to think they might be the same.

i saw a mysterious post somewhere from someone who seemed to know a lot about this stuff, saying that Me and My Elvis was later called "In This Grave", and that the vocals were recorded December 24 2002. Anyone hear this title before?

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't agree that Chinese Democracy was a" best of" album nor that we will only get 4-6 songs from the unreleased CD material. 

If Slash is to be believed, which at this point there is no reason to not believe him, what makes you think we will get more than what we were told we'll get? This all goes back to the Pele argument of we will only get what was already previously finished with vocals. Slash said 4-6 songs from unreleased ChiDem material. Pele claimed about that same amount as being all there were. You can keep doubting all you want, but until something else is said, 4-6 new ChiDem songs are all we are getting, and we already have two of them.

• ABSUЯD 1

12 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

i saw a mysterious post somewhere from someone who seemed to know a lot about this stuff, saying that Me and My Elvis was later called "In This Grave", and that the vocals were recorded December 24 2002. Anyone hear this title before?

Is a person on comments on some YouTube links, he explains a little bit about all the songs that had been uploaded I don't know if It is legit or not but he mention MSL on his comments

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Is a person on comments on some YouTube links, he explains a little bit about all the songs that had been uploaded I don't know if It is legit or not but he mention MSL on his comments

Do you have a link? I'm ready to jump into this rabbit role. 🤡🤡

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's a video

Again, I don't think they're teasing us, we just happened to see it because we're looking for it. If they were teasing us I think it would be a little bit more obvious.

I don’t think anything GNR have ever done is obvious, other than Slash reuniting to pay for his divorce. I wouldn’t expect them to change course at this point.

Just now, Zeppelin said:

I don’t think anything GNR have ever done is obvious, other than Slash reuniting to pay for his divorce. I wouldn’t expect them to change course at this point.

We talked about that too, Slash didn't need GnR in order to pay for the divorce.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If Slash is to be believed, which at this point there is no reason to not believe him, what makes you think we will get more than what we were told we'll get? This all goes back to the Pele argument of we will only get what was already previously finished with vocals. Slash said 4-6 songs from unreleased ChiDem material. Pele claimed about that same amount as being all there were. You can keep doubting all you want, but until something else is said, 4-6 new ChiDem songs are all we are getting, and we already have two of them.

Well that quote is ages ago now...more studio time could be to add guitar to 2 or 3 more and suddenly we have a 10 track album....maybe (although unlikely) they decided to do that and put that out sometime this year....I mean Axl is unusually motivated...perhaps more chatty and genuinely happy than any reunion period, like a weight lifted...has he got a new sqeeze?  

Edited by colonizedmind

6 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

He wanted to get back together since at least mid 00s while Perla was very much a thing...only real blockade was W.A.R

Edited by colonizedmind

45 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If Slash is to be believed, which at this point there is no reason to not believe him, what makes you think we will get more than what we were told we'll get? 

Because Slash also said we could get an album's worth of material. So who are we to trust Slash or Slash? 

Besides, I look more long-term on this. At some point I am sure we will get all that exists.