The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

If Slash is going back to SMKC in January, it would make sense to put out all 4 (or however many) finished songs they have on the next EP. 2 new tracks plus a couple random live tracks was a waste of plastic on the last one IMO.

I was reading the amazing recording sessions post recently and it's evidently clear, even if Axl didn't bother to record anything more now, or just chose to boast and polish up some takes, there's enough recorded vocals In the can to cut a 10 track (or so) LP with Slash and Duff doing their thing...

What would be cool is at the end of a show flash a surprise QR code up on the screens that links to a download of a new single or EP. Free. No release anywhere else except through the QR code. Then after the tour drop the physical disc etc on the shop and have up on the standard streaming services

• Like 2

Here's an LP

1) As It Began

2) Devious Bastard

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Absurd

5) Hard Skool

6) Down By The Ocean

7) Seven

8) Soul Monster 

9) Perhaps

10) Idea Of March

11) The General

The ones we know for sure or are can be fairly confident have vocals in some state if not finished for the time...Nobody gets a famous composer such as Beltrami in to do massive orchestration without having an actual proper tune structure in place...

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Here's an LP

1) As It Began

2) Devious Bastard

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Absurd

5) Hard Skool

6) Down By The Ocean

7) Seven

8) Soul Monster 

9) Perhaps

10) Idea Of March

11) The General

The ones we know for sure or are can be fairly confident have vocals in some state if not finished for the time...Nobody gets a famous composer such as Beltrami in to do massive orchestration without having an actual proper tune structure in place...

Wasn’t As It Began used as part of another bands song that Richard worked with?

But we’d also have Thyme, Tonto, and Nothin. I think we could have a full LP easily

47 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I was reading the amazing recording sessions post recently and it's evidently clear, even if Axl didn't bother to record anything more now, or just chose to boast and polish up some takes, there's enough recorded vocals In the can to cut a 10 track (or so) LP with Slash and Duff doing their thing...

But then you have to include crap like Nothing or things like OMG to get to that figure. 

9 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

If (big if) an actual full LP happens that isn't backed with live tracks or re-recordings of songs, I'm betting there's going to be a new Duff song that's entirely disconnected from the rest of the album.

Well Tommy almost got there...so for sure, could see that. There's one filler to pad it out....I'd bet one of them that could of been, is on his new solo LP

28 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

But we’d also have Thyme, Tonto, and Nothin. I think we could have a full LP easily

Not sure on that one but I just liked it as a title for an opening track TBH

I've been doing my research on the ChiDem sessions (thanks everyone for providing resources) and after going through the history and what has & hasn't leaked, I'm surprised how many people think so few songs have vocals. It seems like there's years of sessions that had very little leaked from compared to the Village Sessions.

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

People should keep in mind that the Village sessions were just a screenshot of that time. Most of the work there is pre-Bucket, but it doesn't have This I Love or even Oh My God (in any kind of new mix). The other part post-Bucket has very early demos of some songs, one of them (Shacklers) in a proto-form. 

It's very possible that the same sessions (from 2002/03) that had Scraped, maybe TIL and a later version of Shacklers also had The General, which implies to me that are several other tracks that we may not know the titles. Axl recorded vocals by that time or in 2004/05. After Universal stopped the funding, I think Axl had a lot of work at his home studio too, which is undocumented. 

Then, he (and Caram) prioritized work on Shacklers, Scraped, TIL and Better over other more structured instrumental tracks like Atlas, Quicksong, Perhaps, Hardskool, Silkworms/Absurd. Why? We don't know, but seems like they shuffled the CD tracklist a bit. Still, if he worked on all this (including The General), why would anyone think he ONLY have those 1999/00 semi-finished tracks on his basket, with no additional work in any of the instrumentals and not a single new track from Buckethead or even the rest of the band after that? 

Also, I believe the leaks influenced CD tracklist and are still influencing the later releases of Absurd, Hard Skool and (maybe) Perhaps. 

Occam's Razor: "the simplest explanation is preferable to one that is more complex". To me, the skepticism about the lack of releases seems to overshadow the fact that everyone from the band, mgmt and press stated that there were a lot of recording during all those years.

I agree 100% here. There’s no doubt in my mind there’s more that’s yet to be heard. Instrumentals, there’s probably hundreds. Scratch vocals demos like State of Grace and Quick Song. Basically a 2 year period of time documented. Perhaps at the time he deemed a lot done in his mind so they got back burnered. I firmly believe 2002-2005 has many demos. No doubt the antiquiet leaks dictated the track list. Probably said the album needs all the leaked tracks plus whatever else to flesh it out more. So they added Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love. 

I definitely believe there’s more than 15+ completed left. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I've been doing my research on the ChiDem sessions (thanks everyone for providing resources) and after going through the history and what has & hasn't leaked, I'm surprised how many people think so few songs have vocals. It seems like there's years of sessions that had very little leaked from compared to the Village Sessions.

It's because of a theory a banned member repeatedly brought up here a couple years ago, that everything that has leaked is the only material that was finished + The General 

I'm waiting for a Messi guy to appear and do the exact opposite of Pele (like in real life one would be legit and the other one a fraud lol just joking 🇧🇷)

Edited by metalavenger99

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

People should keep in mind that the Village sessions were just a screenshot of that time. Most of the work there is pre-Bucket, but it doesn't have This I Love or even Oh My God (in any kind of new mix). The other part post-Bucket has very early demos of some songs, one of them (Shacklers) in a proto-form. 

It's very possible that the same sessions (from 2002/03) that had Scraped, maybe TIL and a later version of Shacklers also had The General, which implies to me that are several other tracks that we may not know the titles. Axl recorded vocals by that time or in 2004/05. After Universal stopped the funding, I think Axl had a lot of work at his home studio too, which is undocumented. 

Then, he (and Caram) prioritized work on Shacklers, Scraped, TIL and Better over other more structured instrumental tracks like Atlas, Quicksong, Perhaps, Hardskool, Silkworms/Absurd. Why? We don't know, but seems like they shuffled the CD tracklist a bit. Still, if he worked on all this (including The General), why would anyone think he ONLY have those 1999/00 semi-finished tracks on his basket, with no additional work in any of the instrumentals and not a single new track from Buckethead or even the rest of the band after that? 

Also, I believe the leaks influenced CD tracklist and are still influencing the later releases of Absurd, Hard Skool and (maybe) Perhaps. 

Occam's Razor: "the simplest explanation is preferable to one that is more complex". To me, the skepticism about the lack of releases seems to overshadow the fact that everyone from the band, mgmt and press stated that there were a lot of recording during all those years.

Exactly, band used 15 studios during production. Village was just one of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I agree 100% here. There’s no doubt in my mind there’s more that’s yet to be heard. Instrumentals, there’s probably hundreds. Scratch vocals demos like State of Grace and Quick Song. Basically a 2 year period of time documented. Perhaps at the time he deemed a lot done in his mind so they got back burnered. I firmly believe 2002-2005 has many demos. No doubt the antiquiet leaks dictated the track list. Probably said the album needs all the leaked tracks plus whatever else to flesh it out more. So they added Shacklers, Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love. 

I definitely believe there’s more than 15+ completed left. 

Indeed. Back in 2002, Axl said this on the gnronline interview with Del:

There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. 

Source: https://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

I think it shouldn't be presumed that "a lot of new songs" from 2001 to 2002 are just Scraped, Shacklers and TIL. 

And of course, after the failed NA Tour in late 2002, the band probably came back to studio to do whatever work Axl needed. But most of the instrumental work was already for CD was already done in 2000, sans some overdubs in songs like Madagascar, IRS and Prostitute, along with full work on "new ones" like Better, Shacklers etc. 

13 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I'm waiting for a Messi guy to appear and do the exact opposite of Pele (like in real life one would be legit and the other one a fraud lol just joking 🇧🇷)

Perfect, I've been trying to figure out what persona to take on here

• Haha 1

Just now, Voodoochild said:

Indeed. Back in 2002, Axl said this on the gnronline interview with Del:

There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. 

Source: https://heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=82

I think it shouldn't be presumed that "a lot of new songs" from 2001 to 2002 are just Scraped, Shacklers and TIL. 

And of course, after the failed NA Tour in late 2002, the band probably came back to studio to do whatever work Axl needed. But most of the instrumental work was already for CD was already done in 2000, sans some overdubs in songs like Madagascar, IRS and Prostitute, along with full work on "new ones" like Better, Shacklers etc. 

Exactly. Especially considering Axl didn’t originally want to put This I Love on the record. So we can guarantee that wasn’t a song that bumped anything. Originally Chinese Democracy probably had: Better, There Was A Time, Street of Dreams, If The World, Chinese Democracy, IRS and Madagascar. The rest were probably determined because of leaks. At least to a certain extent

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Exactly. Especially considering Axl didn’t originally want to put This I Love on the record. So we can guarantee that wasn’t a song that bumped anything. Originally Chinese Democracy probably had: Better, There Was A Time, Street of Dreams, If The World, Chinese Democracy, IRS and Madagascar. The rest were probably determined because of leaks. At least to a certain extent

From what others have said, the only track that might have gotten a renewal to be on the album was Riad N' the Bedouins. I remember when those 2008 leaks happened and how surprised everyone was that song had actually survived since last being played in 2002. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

That's one of the mysteries I'd like an answer to. It's not certain that it was used, although there are definitely similarities between the two tracks (the band was Saivu). I just can't picture Axl allowing Richard to give a song to another band.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that lots of material exists from 98 - 02 or so but I don't think Axl has done anything since then.

Also, material is not a song. It's not clear how many songs are actually fully complete. And of the songs complete, how many are deemed good enough to put on an album?

Based on what Slash said, I think a few Chinese leftovers will likely be released but that's it.

IMO, most of the song titles mentioned over the last 2 decades or so were either never completed or were canned for whatever reason.

I'm 37 years old now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if 30 years from now there is still this forum or something similar with people hoping that Axls estate releases Cuban Skies and Soul Monster etc

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

That's one of the mysteries I'd like an answer to. It's not certain that it was used, although there are definitely similarities between the two tracks (the band was Saivu). I just can't picture Axl allowing Richard to give a song to another band.

It really is strange. I couldn’t see Axl allowing it either. Especially since it’s a song he didn’t even write since it existed prior to Richard joining. 

29 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

It could be worse, guys. Imagine if Eye on You and Nothing had leaked instead of TWAT and Prostitute. lol

I believe Nothing is a rough demo idea. I personally believe it’s been fleshed out more in the middle section where there’s the scratch vocals. 

• Like 2