The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

When’s the last time GnR sold 72,000 tickets to Wembley Stadium is my question?

Likely 1993 right?

Probably 1992 when they last played there. When they played Wembley in 91 that set the record for selling Wembley out in the fastest time. Not sure if that still stands though. I can remember waiting outside Brighton Center at 8m on the Sunday they went on sale waiting to get my hands on my ticket. The glory days of when a concert ticket was sexy. Not just a QR code on your phone.

• Like 1

I love this band and Axl is the man, but it really does seem like he has an issue with recording new vocals.

The re-release CD left overs all used previous vocals. And the stage guy said they're looking into previously unreleased appetite era material. Bet that actually means just unreleased axl vocals for slash and duff to use.

Except for looney tunes i guess! Haha. It's axl's life, so he can do what he wants anyways.

• Like 1

I think it’s time to doubt the possibility of new music on this tour. A setlist has been found from a recent show and Perhaps and The General are no longer on it. Also, Perhaps has not been soundchecked in a number of shows- it’s safe to say that “plans changed” at this point.

IMG_1315.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think it’s time to doubt the possibility of new music on this tour. A setlist has been found from a recent show and Perhaps and The General are no longer on it. Also, Perhaps has not been soundchecked in a number of shows- it’s safe to say that “plans changed” at this point.

IMG_1315.jpeg

Too many people leaked it, so now axl's scraped the plans entirely haha (jk)

Hmmm, wonder what's happening then.

40 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

IMG_1315.jpeg

Weird how ISE and DTJ are both on main setlist and alt song list.. 

For what it’s worth though we’ve seen multiple setlists now for various shows and Perhaps and The General seem to be on and off? So I wouldn’t take this as a bad sign by any means. There’s still hope 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

When’s the last time GnR sold 72,000 tickets to Wembley Stadium is my question?

Likely 1993 right?

They sold roughly that many to hyde park. And about 120k for 2 nights at tottenham hotspur stadium. 

Think 1993 was Milton Keynes Bowl

Edited by JimiRose

6 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Weird how ISE and DTJ are both on main setlist and alt song list.. 

For what it’s worth though we’ve seen multiple setlists now for various shows and Perhaps and The General seem to be on and off? So I wouldn’t take this as a bad sign by any means. There’s still hope 

There is no hope of a new GnR album. there is a teeeeny tiny hope we get perhaps in 2023

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

IMG_1315.jpeg

Playing devil's advocate here..... that's the setlist for that one show, so it COULD still be in the mix. Locomotive, Walk All Over, TWAT, Sorry etc aren't on that list either and they've been played. 

Being less conciliatory..... I think 'plans changed' too. Which is beyond fucking frustrating. 

P.S. Impact is where it's at. Constantly interesting and unpredictable with a fantastic roster. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

There is no hope of a new GnR album. there is a teeeeny tiny hope we get perhaps in 2023

I was just on about the setlist and the two tracks.. but there is always hope, all depends how positive you wanna be 👍🏼

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

IMG_1315.jpeg

This setlist indicates it was for Paris, but it was the show before Paris that we saw Perhaps and The General on the song cards in GNR's Instagram story. I'm going to accept that video as more credible than this setlist, especially since we don't know the provenance of this setlist and the fact that it lists 4 songs in both the main and alt areas and misspells Nightrain. Even if it is legit, we know GNR members have said numerous times they don't have a set in stone setlist, so maybe the new songs are fluid depending on how the band is feeling at each show.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Playing devil's advocate here..... that's the setlist for that one show, so it COULD still be in the mix. Locomotive, Walk All Over, TWAT, Sorry etc aren't on that list either and they've been played. 

Being less conciliatory..... I think 'plans changed' too. Which is beyond fucking frustrating. 

If plans changed, then that must have happened before the recent news re Mayhue since the setlist is allegedly for Paris.

I'm not convinced the setlist is legitimate, but even if it is, it doesn't change much anyway. As you said, it's for one show, and funnily enough, GNR played many songs that night which are not on this setlist.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

IMG_1315.jpeg

That's exactly what i was feeling lately, it's been ages since they soundchecked Perhaps, just when things started to get real.

A lot of hints, a lot of rumors, and lot of articles on notable websites about all of them. Maybe the words of the sound technician were the straw that broke the camel's back.

Spoiler

So maybe a dumbass started to feel anxious and scraped the whole thing, and the other two are too afraid to do something about it ???

I don't know, that setlist feels legit, who would take the time to replicate the format exactly as the real and then not include Perhaps or The General? It'd be missing the whole purpose of trolling with a setlist. 

• Like 2

Just now, metalavenger99 said:

That's exactly what i was feeling lately, it's been ages since they soundchecked Perhaps, just when things started to get real.

A lot of hints, a lot of rumors, and lot of articles on notable websites about all of them. Maybe the words of the sound technician were the straw that broke the camel's back.

Reveal hidden contents

So maybe a dumbass started to feel anxious and scraped the whole thing, and the other two are too afraid to do something about it ???

I don't know, that setlist feels legit, who would take the time to replicate the format exactly as the real and then not include Perhaps or The General? It'd be missing the whole purpose of trolling with a setlist. 

It couldn't have been Mayhue's comments that altered plans and the setlist because this setlist was allegedly for Paris, which was the show at which Mayhue made those comments.

I don't think the setlist feels legit, apart from it structure (smaller font in the alt list and the city/date in the footer), but there have been numerous GNR fans who have been obsessed with making lists over the last few years, so I wouldn't completely doubt that someone would fake this.

Either way, we saw Perhaps and The General in GNR's official Instagram story the show before Paris, so not all hope is lost.

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If plans changed, then that must have happened before the recent news re Mayhue since the setlist is allegedly for Paris.

I'm not convinced the setlist is legitimate, but even if it is, it doesn't change much anyway. As you said, it's for one show, and funnily enough, GNR played many songs that night which are not on this setlist.

It looks legit to me, but as we know, there's a lot of weird fakes with this sort of thing. 

I think the moment for Perhaps is long past personally. That it wasn't played from the start of the tour or after a couple of shows was probably the moment gone. That it's no longer being soundchecked probably says it all. 

• Like 4

It's genuinely incredible how slow things move in GNR land. 

In the time since Chinese Democracy, the Foo Fighters have put out five albums, one studio EP, several live and B-side digital EPs, lost a drummer, held two big tribute concerts for said drummer, then continued touring. 

Even Metallica, who have slowed down their studio output considerably, have put out two studio albums and two live albums in that time. 

Guns should at least stop pretending to care about studio albums and just be honest that they're a nostalgia touring act now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It looks legit to me, but as we know, there's a lot of weird fakes with this sort of thing. 

I think the moment for Perhaps is long past personally. That it wasn't played from the start of the tour or after a couple of shows was probably the moment gone. That it's no longer being soundchecked probably says it all. 

I guess our hope now is for a debut on the US leg. I think it's almost guaranteed we will get Perhaps eventually, but as we know with HS, there could very well be a few years wait between soundcheck and release, lol.

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I guess our hope now is for a debut on the US leg. I think it's almost guaranteed we will get Perhaps eventually, but as we know with HS, there could very well be a few years wait between soundcheck and release, lol.

I'm less optimistic now. There doesn't seem any reason for it not getting played and released, as it's clearly ready so I'm starting to think it's something else that might rot on the vault room floor sadly. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It's genuinely incredible how slow things move in GNR land. 

In the time since Chinese Democracy, the Foo Fighters have put out five albums, one studio EP, several live and B-side digital EPs, lost a drummer, held two big tribute concerts for said drummer, then continued touring. 

Even Metallica, who have slowed down their studio output considerably, have put out two studio albums and two live albums in that time. 

Guns should at least stop pretending to care about studio albums and just be honest that they're a nostalgia touring act now. 

Yep, that’s how I feel. KISS is at least very honest about what they are.

• Like 4

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the chance of getting Perhaps is slipping away. 

It's not like the band said they were releasing it. This is what happens here, we build up hope and expectation built on nothing and never learn. 

Duff makes a vague comment and we act with surprise and anger when nothing emerges? Like this hasn't happened a hundred times before. 

Just because they soundchecked it and it was on a setlist means nothing. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yep, that’s how I feel. KISS is at least very honest about what they are.

Pretty much every other band or artist I like has had a more productive studio output since Chinese Democracy. 

At least Billy Joel has the decency to tell his fans that he's not got any new music on the way. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

There are multiple conversations going on right now that have nothing to do with a new album, or even about GnR! This thread is such a joke, just like the last one!

So you hate when people speculate about a new album and complain about it in here 24/7, then when people aren't talking about that you're still bitching. Please for the love of god go and do something else.

• Like 1