The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

2 hours ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

There was a time when Fernando and even Beta would speak with the "hardcore" fans albeit rarely, on the forum and without much substance. I think back then there was a real pressure to get Chinese finally out...sorta. Even so, we were acknowledged. Why can't they weigh in on new music now? Probably because there is so little expectation. The entire music industry knew the joke that was Chinese Democracy. Who outside of internet forums is looking forward to hearing The General? Lol. 

Who remembers Merk?

Mercuriadis wrote. "Unfortunately the muse disappeared just as fast as she came and the tour started with no single at radio to support it and the album still needing two or three days of work

That Merck statement was so spot on, I always thought he typed a genuine account of how that year progressed. So frustrating in hindsight. The album should have been released that year, maybe more than any year. Axl looked amazing, the band were on fire, they'd lost the freaky vibe as in Robins shaven head and Bucket...media appearances, MTV awards, hype surrounding them. 

40 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

The quality of the videos there putting out on facebook are very good. Stuff is clearly being filmed off stage as well as on. so I can see a documentary before an album

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/933700564365210

That's what I was talking about before, these kind of videos are better than what Kat was posting before.

56 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What's with your nicknames? Are you the orange one in disguise? 😲

Lol wtf is the orange one?  I just have a weird sense of humor with the nicknames.  My best friend years ago always made fun of their names and the band.  One day we were talking and I just blurted out Axl Grease & Slice lol.  All in all I blame checking magazines/forums for band updates on new music going back into 1994 lol.  

1 minute ago, UYI4 said:

Lol wtf is the orange one?  I just have a weird sense of humor with the nicknames.  My best friend years ago always made fun of their names and the band.  One day we were talking and I just blurted out Axl Grease & Slice lol.  All in all I blame checking magazines/forums for band updates on new music going back into 1994 lol.  

Trump loves his nicknames! 

She probably has all the songs on her phone and then some. Imagine all of the stuff the former members have.  I always wondered if they were even allowed to take things home to learn or write or have mixes or if the managers/produces/Axl made sure to not allow it beyond them. 

2 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

She probably has all the songs on her phone and then some. Imagine all of the stuff the former members have.  I always wondered if they were even allowed to take things home to learn or write or have mixes or if the managers/produces/Axl made sure to not allow it beyond them. 

I remember reading either Zutaut /Goldstien or Dominguez say when they were in studio that each member would take home CD's that all had codes on them, I'm guessing thats why the locker leak disks had stuff like J587 270 on it. So they were like tagged to each person, I guess so they knew who to blaim if one got out in the wild

The old members probably have a non-discloser agreement, right? But how long does that last? Forever? I mean... will Brain, Robin, Bucket, Bumble, Tommy and DJ never be able to write some sort of "my days with NuGnR" behind-the-scenes book? I'm sure some of them would be interested in selling some copies online and earning passive income from something like this.

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

The old members probably have a non-discloser agreement, right? But how long does that last? Forever? I mean... will Brain, Robin, Bucket, Bumble, Tommy and DJ never be able to write some sort of "my days with NuGnR" behind-the-scenes book? I'm sure some of them would be interested in selling some copies online and earning passive income from something like this.

I'd buy that book.

I dont know if all of them do because some have never really said anything at all like Tobias and some like Brain and Freese have.

5 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

An in-depth interview with Tobias discussing 94-2002 (and later, if he was still around in any way) would be my holy grail. No joke.

Someone posted a month or so, it may have been @Blackstar a screenshot of a comment from him saying something like "I'd love to tell the story, but am unable" or something like that. I think i'd find that guys book more interesting than any other members except Axl's tbh.  

Saw that Robin finck has a writing credit on hardskool. According to his wikipedia page anyway. dont know if we knew that or not. the idea that hardskool maybe started as a slash duff matt axl song from 96/97 seems unlikely if finck has a writing credit?

5 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

He was still around by 2008, he helped with the credits to the album. 

Yes I remember that, but maybe he was not really hanging out in the studio by then, who knows. Also, I wonder why they didn't even include his picture in the CD booklet. The only other ex member who didn't get a picture I'd Josh, and I can understand that because none of his drum parts were used on the final record. Tobias guitars, on the other hand, are all over the album.

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

Dude if someone put together like "Chinese Whispers" but interspersed but new interviews of all the people involved on Chinese Democracy I would buy that in a heartbeat lol

At this point in my GNR fandom I honestly find the whole saga and crazy ride of the making of Chinese Democracy more interesting than how the album actually turned out :lol:

• Like 2