The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

34 minutes ago, Gibson87 said:

Are we about to have a 10 page discussion and new thread about Carrie Underwood liking a comment?

Well in the grand scheme of things, that’s one of the more exciting events in this thread :lol:

14 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Will someone ask Carrie if she's heard the unreleased songs and if she thinks the Village leaks versions were stronger

Bet that broad’s had CD2 for years 

Cage too

55 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Should have requested she convince him for The General.

Damn straight 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is honestly the best GNR-related news we've had in a long time. I don't care about more SMKC albums but I'm fucking stoked for another Slash & Friends album:

Slash and Lovato first worked together on his upcoming second solo album, which he describes as having “a bunch of different singers” and being “sort of similar to my first solo record” (which featured Fergie, Adam Levine, Ozzy Osbourne, Dave Grohl, Lemmy Kilmister, Chris Cornell, Nicole Scherzinger, and other A-listers) but “more blues-oriented.” After Slash invited Lovato to sing on that record and their duet was a success, “I told her, ‘Hey, if you ever need me to put some guitar on something, just let me know and I'll do it!’ And so she hit me back about two weeks, three weeks later, and said she's got this song that she's doing a remake of and asked if I'd put some guitar on that. [Guns N’ Roses] did a show in Norway and I had a day off, so I found a cool engineer and studio in Norway and just put the guitars on there. It's amazing how fast it came out.”

Slash is keeping mum about the details of his forthcoming star-studded solo LP. “You're the first person. I'm not telling any more. You're the first person I've even said it to!” he chuckles. “It's been totally under wraps, but it's definitely coming out next year. … There's not really much more to tell you at this point, but [Lovato and I] definitely recorded something. Her [album Revamped] is way different than mine. It’s a completely different type of a song, so it's interesting how diverse her voice can be.”

Great news. The SMKC thing is definitely running its course in terms of studio music. still a good live band. But big drop off since world on fire. That first slash album is such a banger. hope the guest singers are just as diverse, seems to bring out the best in him when he has someone to impress, whether it was Axl, scott weiland or all the guests he had to give them something worthy. last 2 SMKCs and guest spots in recent years have defintely felt generic and phoned it. hopefully this relights that flame

Steven Tyler, Taylor swift, eminem, brian johnson, ed sheeran, adele, hagar, - these would be some A list cool names

10 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

again that weirdo with the snake?

Not a nice thing to say about slash

7 hours ago, betterman said:

Big grin from Slash when asked about new GNR music is positive! It will come out and sounds like its more than a couple of songs

straws and clutching. The way he said sounded like he has no idea and its no longer anything to do with him. 'I did my bit, now its up to them to release it' 

• Like 2

Talking out of my ass, but if the idea is for the next release to draw attention to the US dates, wouldn’t it make sense to drop it *before* the shows begin? The way Absurd and Hard Skool were released in 2021 couldn’t have moved the dial that much for ticket sales, especially with no video(s) or real promotion. 

Im just trying to to make sense of this clusterfuck.

2 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Talking out of my ass, but if the idea is for the next release to draw attention to the US dates, wouldn’t it make sense to drop it *before* the shows begin? The way Absurd and Hard Skool were released in 2021 couldn’t have moved the dial that much for ticket sales, especially with no video(s) or real promotion. 

There's clearly nothing coming. Sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Great news. The SMKC thing is definitely running its course in terms of studio music. still a good live band. But big drop off since world on fire. That first slash album is such a banger. hope the guest singers are just as diverse, seems to bring out the best in him when he has someone to impress, whether it was Axl, scott weiland or all the guests he had to give them something worthy. last 2 SMKCs and guest spots in recent years have defintely felt generic and phoned it. hopefully this relights that flame

Steven Tyler, Taylor swift, eminem, brian johnson, ed sheeran, adele, hagar, - these would be some A list cool names

I can't imagine Slash coming up with anything that would suit Eminem, but Anderson .Paak would be amazing (Dr. Dre has mixed his last couple albums and they sound great). He's got that kind of smooth raspy voice that could fit so well over Slash's playing, and he's a great drummer. Check out the songs Celebrate, How Long, Put Me Thru, Yada Yada...

Gotta think there will be some legends like Steven Tyler on there though. I also hope this lights a spark for Slash and we get some diverse, interesting songs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick85 said:

Yep it would make sense. Which is why it's not going to happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick85 said:

yeah... play it live in greece. do the song on kimmel the week after, sit down there and say "we have a new ep out and by the way we're also on tour".

brilliant isn't it? @Dexter if you wanna have me on your management team, I'll have to politely decline, ain't got time

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

Carrie liked my comment, IMAGINE if she asks him omg what have I done lmao

Axl likes Carrie so much, he’ll probably let her “world premiere” a new GN’R song on her new Sirius XM channel.

Not really related, but I heard Carrie perform a version of Ozzy’s “Mama I’m Coming Home”, and it was really good. I can see her breaking away from country music and doing a rock album eventually.

Even if the band drops a re-worked Perhaps tomorrow, unless it comes with an announcement for something better upcoming (EP, new album, etc.) it's really not that ground-breaking or exciting. For starters, we have already heard a mix of it (one that's likely better than a re-worked one if Absurd/Hard Skool are any indicators) and unless it's paired with a song or followed shortly thereafter by one most of us haven't heard (The General, Soul Monster, Seven, etc.) it's not going to be the talk of the town. I hope to be wrong! Maybe they will actually promote it. I think it's a song that could do well on the radio and web if promoted properly. 

Even an EP like the last one, 2 studio and 2 live songs. Gets boring fast, an album with 12-16 tracks can be enjoyed as a lengthy experience, like many of us have been enjoying the 2008 album since then. 

Not that I'd be satisfied with the above anyways, assuming most of Bucket's parts are gone or buried. :( 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Even if the band drops a re-worked Perhaps tomorrow, unless it comes with an announcement for something better upcoming (EP, new album, etc.) it's really not that ground-breaking or exciting. For starters, we have already heard a mix of it (one that's likely better than a re-worked one if Absurd/Hard Skool are any indicators) and unless it's paired with a song or followed shortly thereafter by one most of us haven't heard (The General, Soul Monster, Seven, etc.) it's not going to be the talk of the town. I hope to be wrong! Maybe they will actually promote it. I think it's a song that could do well on the radio and web if promoted properly. 

Even an EP like the last one, 2 studio and 2 live songs. Gets boring fast, an album with 12-16 tracks can be enjoyed as a lengthy experience, like many of us have been enjoying the 2008 album since then. 

Not that I'd be satisfied with the above anyways, assuming most of Bucket's parts are gone or buried. :( 

After Perhaps, it's more than likely going to be Atlas. After that is anybody's guess, IF and a big IF, we get anything else. If Slash is to be believed and is correct, we could possibly only see 2 more songs from the ChiDem leftovers come out, and we practically already know Perhaps will be one of those two. 

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

New album tonight at midnight, I can feel it in my asshole. Err, wait…😳

I know you're joking, but this only keeps reinforcing people's ideas that a surprise album drop is on the table, when that's the furthest thing from truth, because there is no album to be released, Slash confirmed this. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

New album tonight at midnight, I can feel it in my asshole. Err, wait…😳

I guess they did say they'd been trying to work out how to release new music......

Seems a bit extreme but I have been waiting 25 years!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, davisp said:

yeah... play it live in greece. do the song on kimmel the week after, sit down there and say "we have a new ep out and by the way we're also on tour".

brilliant isn't it? @Dexter if you wanna have me on your management team, I'll have to politely decline, ain't got time

Only problem...there's been no Kimmel or anything for months...writers strike! No chats, they all closed down!! Best bet, is to hijack Fox to talk about Trump, have Axl beat a pinata to death and announce the new EP "Yeiiii Boiii" is dropping imminately...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1