The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

57 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I now realize I completely wrote it that way (what with me being hungover and all that), but I obviously primarily meant the sound. His guitar. That's the main factor, naturally. 

And to say "I don't understand how anyone could prefer that" is just ridiculous, that was my point. I believe it's pretty clear.

Ah, right. Of course people can prefer Slash's guitar and guitar playing. All in agreement :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Slash’s guitar is the least of the problems with the 2021 Hard Skool. If they kept a similar arrangement and mix to the 2000 version, just adding bass and Slash’s leads, it would have been acceptable. Sort of like how they treated Perhaps.

Maybe a bit of the intro cut. It was ridiculously long. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Maybe a bit of the intro cut. It was ridiculously long. 

That's not the first time I've heard that. :P Just kidding (sadly)

On a more serious note, I liked that long intro, I felt it would have been suitable for an album opener. Nice build-up to a great song. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I understand that to many people who is in the band is more important than how it sounds. People get infatuated with celebrities and being a fan of a band is usually more than being a fan of the band's music, it's about a certain amount of devotion to the band members, too. I get all that. Still, I hope you can reciprocate and get that to many people what is more important than who is in the band is how it sounds. Music comes first, appearances come second. 

If what you are saying is true, NU-gnr would still b together.  A small minority really cared, and only because of Axl.  Slash is a pillar, his sound is what is on all the hits

• Like 4

On 11/17/2023 at 1:56 AM, Ratam said:

Also is common in here in Argentina.

In UK it would be 'School Of Hard Knocks' or 'University of life'  

But that's regional, people from another part of the country would probably disagree with me.

Edited by Rindmelon
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, SoulMonster said:

I understand that to many people who is in the band is more important than how it sounds. People get infatuated with celebrities and being a fan of a band is usually more than being a fan of the band's music, it's about a certain amount of devotion to the band members, too. I get all that. Still, I hope you can reciprocate and get that to many people what is more important than who is in the band is how it sounds. Music comes first, appearances come second. 

This 1000 percent. It should be the music that matters. Some people love the art others the artist, i love the art.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:21 PM, default_ said:

Its possible, but to do it properly I need some more time to edit and adjust the drums, did a little mastering job on this in 15 minutes :lol:
From this point on and to the intro, we need to slice and doctor the drum track. The second verse also need some slicing. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GJ--ZuE8hitmILt2J91Kh5_RbIFxGDcz/view?usp=sharing

Fucking awesome

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:14 PM, Rindmelon said:

In UK it would be 'School Of Hard Knocks' or 'University of life'  

But that's regional, people from another part of the country would probably disagree with me.

Yeah, that's a thing in America. But it's most often used by stupid people trying to sound tough, or make up for their lack of actual education.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 11/17/2023 at 2:06 AM, Lies They Tell said:

It's funny, here in Finland, where I'm from "the hard school of life" is a common saying. So when Axl sings "too hard school", I feel like I know exactly what he's saying.

So it's been surprising to realize that you really don't have that saying in the english language. How come Axl seems to be using these words pretty much the same way we use them in Finland? Maybe he learned it from Michael Monroe! :lol:

Another Finn here. I think it's funny because here people who use "the hard school of life" are considered "whitetrash". Only "trashy" people use it. People who beat people, go to prison constantly, beat their children.. You name it.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 4:35 PM, Amir said:

The drums on the Hard Skool demo are so fucking good it's baffling that they were completely rearranged and dumbed down. My ideal version would have the demo drums with the guitar and bass parts from the 2021 mix, and not be brickwalled.

So, theres already a great version of this someone posted here a week ago but I just had the time to play with the stems and finished the hardskool mix with Josh I started and didnt finish.
If anyones interested here it goes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VUTKPkLGmfZrbVRQhbWy-u6udHi_7hd_/view?usp=drive_link

• Like 2

8 hours ago, default_ said:

So, theres already a great version of this someone posted here a week ago but I just had the time to play with the stems and finished the hardskool mix with Josh I started and didnt finish.
If anyones interested here it goes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VUTKPkLGmfZrbVRQhbWy-u6udHi_7hd_/view?usp=drive_link

instrumentally sounds much better. Axls vocal still sounds like he's singing through a cone in a hollow room. could probably do with some bass and reverb added to it. or another vocal track. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

instrumentally sounds much better. Axls vocal still sounds like he's singing through a cone in a hollow room. could probably do with some bass and reverb added to it. or another vocal track. 

Yeah, i tried to fix axl vocals but it is SO thin and weak that it didnt work.
It always end up muffled in the mix even with a lot of lows added. Maybe Ill try some AI that turn the vocals into 90s Axl 🤣

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, i tried to fix axl vocals but it is SO thin and weak that it didnt work.
It always end up muffled in the mix even with a lot of lows added. Maybe Ill try some AI that turn the vocals into 90s Axl 🤣

it is incredibly thin, cant believe they did that to them tbh. coz the acutal vocal take is good, but it's been neutered. it's the kind of thing i would do on my voice to hide the fact im a bad singer, but axl is great so not sure why it's been done

On 11/22/2023 at 2:41 AM, The Cosmic Ted said:

Another Finn here. I think it's funny because here people who use "the hard school of life" are considered "whitetrash". Only "trashy" people use it. People who beat people, go to prison constantly, beat their children.. You name it.

suomi finland perkkele!

On 11/18/2023 at 12:21 PM, Rindmelon said:

This 1000 percent. It should be the music that matters. Some people love the art others the artist, i love the art.

This would make a good advertisement for AI.  Just replace the human beings and things will be better.  Axl might not approve but he's old, he'll die soon and he can be replaced too.  And then you'll get the best Guns'n'Roses album ever.

7 hours ago, ChrisW said:

This would make a good advertisement for AI.  Just replace the human beings and things will be better.  Axl might not approve but he's old, he'll die soon and he can be replaced too.  And then you'll get the best Guns'n'Roses album ever.

Yay needlessly egregious sarcasm!!

What i like is how you took what i said and twisted it to make it look like i made a point about AI when I didn't. 

I was responding to a point @SoulMonster made that had nothing to do with AI either.