The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

9 hours ago, oneway23 said:

If Axl ends up guesting on the new Schenker record, that's going to be a brand new performance, but, the "new" songs for his own band have 20-25 year old vocals

What bizarro land BS is this?:wow:

Well he's not the one who's paying studio time for the Schenker record. Gotta save those bucks were you can 😅

Also if he had recorded new vocals for the new songs, I bet people here would probably say something like "Why didn't they just the demo vocals from tha leaks, those were perfectly fine and in fact superior! Only GnR!" 😄

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, oneway23 said:

If Axl ends up guesting on the new Schenker record, that's going to be a brand new performance, but, the "new" songs for his own band have 20-25 year old vocals

What bizarro land BS is this?:wow:

Perhaps he held up a speaker in Schenkers studio playing vocals from '99....

"Man that's all you get...I can't do vocals after 99!"

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Petr said:

Sorry leaked b4 the official release

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nope. 

Well, technically the whole album leaked days before the release. It had an annoying MSN (or was it ICQ? hahah) notification sound throughout. I don't count it as a real leak though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, technically the whole album leaked days before the release. It had an annoying MSN (or was it ICQ? hahah) notification sound throughout. I don't count it as a real leak though.

Not counting that either. Three songs didn’t leak: Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love. Plus Shackler was in that video game and If The World in that movie, so I don’t count those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Ooo memories of GNR joining MySpace with the old week before stream 😆 revolutionary I tell ya!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, God of Thunder said:

So any news? One of the DJs on Germany`s largest rock radio station "Rock Antenne" claimed last week that a new GnR album will come out this year. He did not mention any further details (of course). 

Schenker mix up? not really a credible source. a new Gn'R album this year seems to be too good to be true, thanks for sharing anyway.

Slash and Duff did amazing work with Perhaps. I listened to the original for the first time in awhile today and it stood out how all over the place the guitar layers are, as much as I like a lot of the parts on their own.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I think it was AOL/AIM, there were also skipping versions of the songs. 

• PERHAPS 1

14 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Did the new album come out yet

Yep, exclusively under Taco Bell. It’s called "What Could Have Been But Wasn’t" and includes Absurd, Eye On You, The General (Enhanced), Black Hole Sun (Live), and Wichita Lineman (Live). The Deluxe version contains a selfie of Kat Benzova with Fernando signed by Beta, plus a toy truck. To be found on your Spotify later, stay tuned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 2/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, bmus1 said:

Slash and Duff did amazing work with Perhaps. I listened to the original for the first time in awhile today and it stood out how all over the place the guitar layers are, as much as I like a lot of the parts on their own.

I found that to be the same with Hard Skool. The original seemed to be all over the place. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yep, exclusively under Taco Bell. It’s called "What Could Have Been But Wasn’t" and includes Absurd, Eye On You, The General (Enhanced), Black Hole Sun (Live), and Wichita Lineman (Live). The Deluxe version contains a selfie of Kat Benzova with Fernando signed by Beta, plus a toy truck. To be found on your Spotify later, stay tuned. 

That was posted two weeks ago on Myspace where G'n'R fans are supposed to be.  Am I so out of touch?

• PERHAPS 2

I sometimes wonder if we're in the 'fade away' era now. 

I can see the band just quietly vanishing at this stage. Obviously there's the money factor, which will probably come into play and they'll tour again, but it seems things have come to a halt with no plans, no recording of new music etc. 

When would be the next demand for them to tour on a large-scale? Got to be at least 2 or 3 years. I can see the band just slipping away at this point for a lot longer than that. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I sometimes wonder if we're in the 'fade away' era now. 

I can see the band just quietly vanishing at this stage. Obviously there's the money factor, which will probably come into play and they'll tour again, but it seems things have come to a halt with no plans, no recording of new music etc. 

When would be the next demand for them to tour on a large-scale? Got to be at least 2 or 3 years. I can see the band just slipping away at this point for a lot longer than that. 

maybe it feels that way cause they're just on a break. my guess is there is no way they're going away for that long cause I think that now is the time to make the most money while Axl can still do it. I'm not talking about how well he can sing nowdays compared to other bands or his younger self, but Gn'R is not like AC/DC for example, they don't go away for too long, at least not with Slash in the band.

they sell nosalgia, not musical progress and enough people still want to see them and even if that reduces in numbers, there are always markets outside the U.S. who can't get enough Gn'R it seems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

maybe it feels that way cause they're just on a break. my guess is there is no way they're going away for that long cause I think that now is the time to make the most money while Axl can still do it. I'm not talking about how well he can sing nowdays compared to other bands or his younger self, but Gn'R is not like AC/DC for example, they don't go away for too long, at least not with Slash in the band.

they sell nosalgia, not musical progress and enough people still want to see them and even if that reduces in numbers, there are always markets outside the U.S. who can't get enough Gn'R it seems.

All very true. 

I'm sure they'll probably be back touring again before we know it.....but I also think we'll never actually know when the band are done. It'll just be a break that never ends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

All very true. 

I'm sure they'll probably be back touring again before we know it.....but I also think we'll never actually know when the band are done. It'll just be a break that never ends.

nowdays, every big and older band that called it quits or pretended or thought it was the end, made it known on social media. while it's a case by case basis cause every band is different, I think that riding into the sunset without letting the fans officially know means that you can't sell a tour as the last ever tour and shit may anyway come out in interviews asking band members where did Gn'R go, but with Axl, you never know.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

nowdays, every big and older band that called it quits or pretended or thought it was the end, made it known on social media. while it's a case by case basis cause every band is different, I think that riding into the sunset without letting the fans officially know means that you can't sell a tour as the last ever tour and shit may anyway come out in interviews asking band members where did Gn'R go, but with Axl, you never know.

It would be a very GNR thing to do- just fading away like that, so I could see it happening! 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It would be a very GNR thing to do- just fading away like that, so I could see it happening! 

it's possible, Axl seems to like keeping his options open, but it would probably come with a financial price. when you announce to the world your band is over, it does limit what you can do with the brand without your fans or at least some of them turning against you if you decide to unretire your band in the future cause you're bored or want/need to make more money.