08/21/23 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park

downzy

12 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Missing Bad Obsession, PTU and the TIL solo so far sucks. Had the chance to go and declined due to the weather outlook. Saw them at fenway last time too. Missing perhaps kinda sucks too but oh well.

If I miss Locomotive and or TWAT ill be unhappy!

I went to Hershey and Metlife and was PRAYINGGGG for locomotive or TWAT. Did not get them but still holding out one day I will! Once they went into madagascar at Hershey and CITR at Metlife, I knew I wasn't getting TWAT but was still happy! It is cool seeing them bust out at least one different song from chinese at the last few shows. However I will be sad when the first North American show that gets TWAT happens and it wasn't one of my shows!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I’d be happy to get Catcher! I haven’t heard that, TWAT, or Loco live. 

Still, last night was amazing. Loved the songs that were new to me

So happy for you dude, the new songs added def made these recent shows feel special! This 2023 tour has had such fun suprises. I remember watching a live stream of the Abu Dhabi show seeing so many new songs added and going holy shit I cant wait to see them! 

• Like 3

It sounds a bit better than last show but generally I’m still confused why Axl is struggling so much on it. It’s really not a hard song. It’s mostly baritone. I genuinely think his voice is fried beyond repair at this point if he can’t sing a song like this near perfectly.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It sounds a bit better than last show but generally I’m still confused why Axl is struggling so much on it. It’s really not a hard song. It’s mostly baritone. I genuinely think his voice is fried beyond repair at this point if he can’t sing a song like this near perfectly.

I thought the same thing as they were playing it, those verses are not a reach. I know muscle memory is a big part of it, but if that's the case Axl needs to show up at rehearsal.

Also I'm not sure why but it sounded like Dizzy bonked 3 or 4 wrong notes on the piano intro/re-intro in person, but over video it sounds mostly correct.

Edited by bmus1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Perhaps in the pouring rain....some ironing to be done and this could be a great moment in the set in a few weeks If the work on jt ...I think it's cool how he's attempting to rasp the chorus instead of how it's on the record....

Agreed, I feel like he should just make different choices with how to sing this song. The mickey in the verses sounds badddddd. He should just do the deep voice the whole verse. A favorite moment of the song for me is the power I feel behind “what a weight upon your shoulders” - he should just belt that in his deep voice instead of try to go high

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Perhaps in the pouring rain....some ironing to be done and this could be a great moment in the set in a few weeks If the work on jt ...I think it's cool how he's attempting to rasp the chorus instead of how it's on the record....

This would sound better if the band sang the "got a lot more" lines in the chorus and axl saved himself for the "all alone nows". Sheesh.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

This would sound better if the band sang the "got a lot more" lines in the chorus and axl saved himself for the "all alone nows". Sheesh.

Yeah, no idea why Axl chooses to sing it like he does now. Also the verses should be easy to sing in low voice, no idea why he's switching so much between falseto there :max:

18 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

It's funny that people were bummed that Axl was supposedly only singing half of the chorus based on the soundcheck leak, but now that he's doing the whole thing it's even worse :lol:

I’d rather he goes for it than playback. That being said, utilizing the other band members isn’t a bad idea. Sounded good on Civil War when they did it 

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

38 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

It's funny that people were bummed that Axl was supposedly only singing half of the chorus based on the soundcheck leak, but now that he's doing the whole thing it's even worse :lol:

Ideally he'd be capable of doing both, but he's just not even close. Sharing the chorus and keeping in the lower register for the verses seems like such an obvious choice that it baffles me why he's not doing it that way.

• Like 2