07/08/23 - Rome, IT - Circo Massimo

downzy

24 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

What the fuck has your sad little trolling to do with this thread? There’s a gig in Rome tonight.

It's the natural way of how the convo went, regarding how the hired hands might feel about not being on the merch (and elaborating on why that is the case). Not my problem if you lack reading comprehension and think people are trolling, if they don't kiss their asses and don't give a shit about them. Don't read on, if you don't like it. 

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I guess it’s the difference between “a real band” and what Guns N’ Roses or most legacy acts are. 

Is this official? I would’ve thought they were all “touring members” under Axl’s GNR. Some of them just happen to also get royalties from stuff they did 30 years ago 

Well on Melissa's insta etc it did say 'touring member' 

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Really? Docklands Arena? 

I was at that in 2002 & leeds fest

Edited by DSTK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

What?

Just tell me why a band would benefit from not promoting every member now and then?!

I know this is a legacy act, but still. Even out of respect for dizzy or ritchard

4 minutes ago, riot said:

Just tell me why a band would benefit from not promoting every member now and then?!

I know this is a legacy act, but still. Even out of respect for dizzy or ritchard

They get represented constantly on all of their socials. That has a much wider reach than a few hundred posters and some adverts. 

They are in the band. They are not in whatever partnership the band performs under. That includes merch. My guess is that they don’t get a cut of it. 

8 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Worst location ever. 

Never more in my Life on a huge lawn without any grass.

I'm so disappointed this time.

A big Golden circle with too many people. That's horrible. Can't see anything.

f*ck f*CK f*ck

You'll be ok once it gets going. Try and make the most of it as there's not much you can do if the venue is shit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Worst location ever. 

f*ck f*CK f*ck

This is the most organizationally fucked up concert. The sound center set up in the middle and at an angle to 70% of the audience

Edited by body
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

The one and only time was on the NITL pinball machine, never on any show merch.

During nu-GNR circa 2011-12 there was full band lineup tee they were selling with cartoon style that had a microphone cord intertwined around the band members, it was pretty well done imho. Correct me if I’m wrong, but the original artwork was drawn by DJ Ashba iirc. 

Yeah I had/really liked that shirt. It was cool To me, to finally be able to rep those guys. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Worst location ever. 

f*ck f*CK f*ck

Honestly I’ve been in your shoes. Just try and enjoy it you’ll have a blast 🤘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

The general attendance doesn't know them and doesn't give a shit about them. The iconic members are Axl and Slash and to a slightly lesser extent Duff. That isn't moronic, that is fact. And it's great that other members don't sully these designs. For once GNR does something right.

Sully the designs of a concert poster... Come on😄

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

Well on Melissa's insta etc it did say 'touring member' 

It says "guns n roses band member" now.

What a lot of people fail to realize is every band is a business.  When someone leaves and they bring in a new member very rarely do they get ownership of the band. Usually they just become a member.

Melissa, Richard, Dizzy and Frank are all members of GnR but none of them have ownership in the band.  I'm not actually sure how it works with Slash and Duff if they retained ownership or if Axl is the sole owner or the Guns n Roses property.  

At any rate I'm sure there the other guys don't care if they are on the merch or not. Melissa and Frank aren't stupid. They know that people come to see A/S/D.  They are still apart of the band, and make a lot of money.  If anyone was unhappy they would probably leave.  If you follow Richard Melissa or Frank you would know that they all seem very happy to be apart of the GnR world. And all of them are well respected by their band mates.m

And clearly Dizzy is too.

• Like 1