07/03/23 - Frankfurt, DE - Deutsche Bank Park

downzy

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s a great setlist all things considered. I think fans around the world at least should get to hear it once. All I wish is these fuckers added Perhaps to it lol

It's a good setlist but just adding at the ENCORE time 2 different songs everyday would feel a lot better they have My Michelle, Nice Boys, Sorry, Catcher, Prostitute, Coma, Locomotive, Street of Dreams, There Was A Time, Yesterdays, Used to love her and much more but they are lazy in all aspects

Even more if they don't want to add 2 different songs everyday and just move the order of the songs that we don't know what is the next one It would be good, I'm fucking tired of Easy the first song, you have Nightrain and WTTJ to do It, they did not were able to do It in fucking 7 years It's incredible

Edited by Dani_1455
  • Like 3

Ugh. No Locomotive for this show.

but at least no Witchita and Seeker(didnt check past setlist of this tour).

German crowds(at least those around me) dont sing or rock n roll much except on November Rain, Patience and some choruses.

I was the only one singing Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up even.

I do not think that is too difficult to do something like this

1. NIGHTRAIN

2. BAD OBSESSION

3. CD/MADAGASCAR

4. PRETTY TIED UP

5. FALL TO PIECES

6. WTTJ

7. DOUBLE TALKIN JIVE/DON'T CRY

8. LIVE AND LET DIE

9. ABSURD

10. HARDSKOOL

11. ROCKET QUEEN

12. RECKLESS LIFE

13. SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE/OUT TA GET ME 

14. DOWN ON THE FARM

15. CIVIL WAR

16. THIS I LOVE/YESTERDAYS (OPTIONAL)

17. SO FINE

18. STREET OF DREAMS/THERE WAS A TIME (OPTIONAL)

19. SLASH SOLO

20. SWEET CHILD O MINE

21. ANYTHING GOES

23. IT'S SO EASY

24. YOU COULD BE MINE/LOCOMOTIVE

25. NOVEMBER RAIN

26. KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR

ENCORE:

27. ESTRANGED

28. MR BROWNSTONE/ DUST N BONES

29. PATIENCE

30. PROSTITUTE/SORRY (OPTIONlAL)

31. MY MICHELLE/NICE BOYS (OPTIONAL)

32. PARADISE CITY

This Is a show of 28 songs the same length as they are doing, I've only added So Fine which they could do instead of TV Eye, Fall to pieces instead of Slither and Madagascar, Dust N Bones and Out Ta Get Me as alternatives, I don't think I'm begging for a lot

At Knockin' On Heaven's Door Axl Rose jocked about the big lettering "FRANKFURT" which are painted on the chairs on side grandstand

The letters "FRANK..." were covered by the crowd. The letters "...RT" were coverd by the stage sidescreens. Axl saw a big FU on the side.... Fuck You :-D

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

At Knockin' On Heaven's Door Axl Rose jocked about the big lettering "FRANKFURT" which are painted on the chairs on side grandstand

The letters "FRANK..." were covered by the crowd. The letters "...RT" were coverd by the stage sidescreens. Axl saw a big FU on the side.... Fuck You :-D

Yeah he said that is what he will see if he goes to Heaven.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I do not think that is too difficult to do something like this

1. NIGHTRAIN

2. BAD OBSESSION

3. CD/MADAGASCAR

4. PRETTY TIED UP

5. FALL TO PIECES

6. WTTJ

7. DOUBLE TALKIN JIVE/DON'T CRY

8. LIVE AND LET DIE

9. ABSURD

10. HARDSKOOL

11. ROCKET QUEEN

12. RECKLESS LIFE

13. SHADOW OF YOUR LOVE/OUT TA GET ME 

14. DOWN ON THE FARM

15. CIVIL WAR

16. THIS I LOVE/YESTERDAYS (OPTIONAL)

17. SO FINE

18. STREET OF DREAMS/THERE WAS A TIME (OPTIONAL)

19. SLASH SOLO

20. SWEET CHILD O MINE

21. ANYTHING GOES

23. IT'S SO EASY

24. YOU COULD BE MINE/LOCOMOTIVE

25. NOVEMBER RAIN

26. KNOCKIN ON HEAVENS DOOR

ENCORE:

27. ESTRANGED

28. MR BROWNSTONE/ DUST N BONES

29. PATIENCE

30. PROSTITUTE/SORRY (OPTIONlAL)

31. MY MICHELLE/NICE BOYS (OPTIONAL)

32. PARADISE CITY

This Is a show of 28 songs the same length as they are doing, I've only added So Fine which they could do instead of TV Eye, Fall to pieces instead of Slither and Madagascar, Dust N Bones and Out Ta Get Me as alternatives, I don't think I'm begging for a lot

Locomotive is not an equal swap fro YCBM, ones a huge song that is a fan favourite, lots of fare weather fans know it too, the other is the deepest of deep cuts. 

But I get what you were shooting for and agree, they could easily enough have those songs as opposites... I also love the idea of ISE not beingthe opener. I'd go one step further and take Paradise City from the closing spot. KOHD as closer would work well, big sing along, people always love a sing along. 

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

To be fair. I heard Perhaps (instrumental) live and for me Slash sounded very good. Really UYIish 

Definitely had a UYI vibe. Hopefully we hear it sometime this year with vocals

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

zaobmCD.jpg
x400jFT.jpg

gk9L8ej.jpg

here are a few more pics guys, while Im waiting for the bus. Lol.

Axl looks to be in much better shape, he looks less "fat" than Slash... and Axl almost did a handstand on Bad Obsession the other day😄

• Haha 2

here’s the stuff I filmed. i thought it was a good show though nowhere near Hannover and Nijmegen 2017. The setlist was great even though I’d loved some additional deep cuts ala locomotive, SOD or TWAT.

The sound however was all over the place sadly (definitely not the bands fault). At times it was too quiet and the suddenly too loud again. Also the instrument mix wasn’t good, they never turned 4tus (and sometimes als slash’s guitar) up until a couple of bars in the solo. Dizzys backing vocals were louder than Axl at some points and his keyboard during the RQ noodling was first barely audible and then suddenly louder than everything else. It was like the sound engineers didn’t know the songs. Also Axl was way too loud sometimes and something weird happened during the very end of Anything Goes but I’ll have to rewatch that again. Crowd on the field looked good, the people in the stands obviously were most into SCOM and NR but also most other songs got some good cheers. If I see them again, it’ll be in the Golden Circle again though, where I’m not the only one singing „pussy full of maggots“

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Ugh. No Locomotive for this show.

but at least no Witchita and Seeker(didnt check past setlist of this tour).

German crowds(at least those around me) dont sing or rock n roll much except on November Rain, Patience and some choruses.

I was the only one singing Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up even.

And there is the problem. We all want the new songs, extra Illusion songs and songs that haven't been played in decades, but 75% of the people in the building have no idea what they are. I lost my mind when they pulled out Dead Horse and Locomotive in Oklahoma City a few years back, and I was the only one in our vicinity who did. No one knew them, but the entire arena was up for grabs when SCOM started. 

Another good one. Probably the roudiest crowd so far, at least at some spots of the GC. Plus the loudest crowd so far for sweet child. Glad that don't cry seems to be a staple now, also Shadow was a nice treat. Hope Rome won't have a curfew, I could use another 3.5hr show.

I was kinda shocked by how fast the lithos sold out there. Also the event shirts were gone really fast. Frankfurt seemed well into it. 

PS: at this point it's so obvious that Melissa seems to be bored out of her mind. Don't know what her issue is. But I don't need a bored musician on that stage tbh

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 2

Also Axl was very talkative, probably as much as in my other 5 shows 17-18 combined. His voice is what it is these days but he’s got some songs where he still sounds great and as others already said, he certainly gives all he got and puts on a great show. I also enjoyed slash’s solo today as I didn’t know what to expect and Richards playing still gets me everytime, he kinda overplays without overplaying, he plays loads of notes but they all make sense and they’re well structured and thought of 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Some setlist statistics for 2023

Shows (so far): 11.

Songs played: 39, of which:

- 25 staple: 8 from AFD (It's So Easy, Jungle, Nightrain, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City, Anything Goes, Rocket Queen, Brownstone*), 2 from Lies (Patience, Reckless Life), 9 from UYI (You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, Live and Let Die, KOHD, Estranged, Civil War, Double Talkin' Jive), 1 from TSI (Down On The Farm), 1 from CD (Chinese Democracy), 2 covers (Slither, T.V. Eye), 2 non-album singles (Absurd, Hard Skool)

* Brownstone wasn't played at one show.

- 14 on rotation: 1 from AFD (My Michelle), 1 from Lies (Nice Boys), 4 from UYI (Don't Cry, Locomotive, Coma, Yesterdays), 5 from CD (This I Love, Street Of Dreams, TWAT, Prostitute, Sorry), 1 non-album song (Shadow Of Your Love), 2 covers (Wichita Lineman, Walk All Over You)

Great analysis 👍

And i believe they played Better in Norway?

• Like 1