06/21/23 - Oslo, NO - Tons of Rock

downzy

Just now, Powderfinger said:

Why? 

Because it’s not the usual GNR crowd. Most Brits don’t realise how Axl’s voice has changed. My impression talking to friends etc is that most don’t like his clean voice, never mind Micky with intermittent cracky rasp. I think it might get bad reviews. I think ther’ll be a lot of nasty comments about Axl’s voice. Could be embarrassing ☹️

Just now, Dani_1455 said:

We don't know, well I am talking of me because I had not seen any videos apart from better, but better has been sound bad for a long time

Thanks. Based on what people were saying I wondered if it was particularly worse than other shows this tour....but you're right it might well be that Better was played. 

• Like 1

Just now, THELINESMAN said:

Because it’s not the usual GNR crowd. Most Brits don’t realise how Axl’s voice has changed. My impression talking to friends etc is that most don’t like his clean voice, never mind Micky with intermittent cracky rasp. I think it might get bad reviews. I think ther’ll be a lot of nasty comments about Axl’s voice. Could be embarrassing ☹️

That's what happened here in Belgium unfortunately. I have to say that it will be hard for fans like us. Prepare for the worst. For me it's the last tour. Seen them 10 times since the reunion but last week at the Graspop it wasn't good. I must be objective. But I don't care. I will go two times again next month, take some good time and fuck the haters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

I think if Axl was going to ever get embarrassed about how his voice sounds it would have happened years ago, certainly before Glastonbury. I think he could go out and have the worst show of the entire reunion there and not a lot would change. It sounds as if inside England the festival is worshipped, but outside of the country no one else pays attention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Not to mention the fact Glastonbury headliners get a massive TV audience since their sets get aired by the BBC 

• Sad 1

It's So Easy

Bad Obsession

Slither

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

Hard Skool

Pretty Tied Up

Estranged

Better

Double Talkin' Jive

T.V. Eye

Rocket Queen

Slash Guitar Solo

Sweet Child o' Mine

Wichita Lineman

November Rain

Nightrain

Catcher in the Rye

This is from Setlist FM....so could not be 100 per cent accurate. No Live And Let Die? 

Edited by allwaystired

7 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Could also just be the truth…. 

Just now, Powderfinger said:

Could also just be the truth…. 

Yeah and that’s sad isn’t it? I want to watch Axl kill it in HD on the BBC with AC/DC power & rasp. Instead I’m probably gonna get notes dropped, struggling and octaves down ☹️ Hard to watch for us mega fans as we know he can do so much better as he proved with AC/DC.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I love Catcher In The Rye so much!  Fantastic stuff.

It’s a brilliant song. Have you heard ‘AI Axl’ sing it on YouTube? Sounds like an illusions era masterpiece with the signature rasp 

1 minute ago, THELINESMAN said:

Yeah and that’s sad isn’t it? I want to watch Axl kill it in HD on the BBC with AC/DC power & rasp. Instead I’m probably gonna get notes dropped, struggling and octaves down ☹️ Hard to watch for us mega fans as we know he can do so much better as he proved with AC/DC.

It’s a brilliant song. Have you heard ‘AI Axl’ sing it on YouTube? Sounds like an illusions era masterpiece with the signature rasp 

Ah, I can't bring myself to listen to any AI stuff. Just can't do it. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Like the majority of reviews since 2002. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

The AC/DC tour was 6 years and a lot of shows ago. It's highly doubtful that he can do much better. He's shown that he can hit the notes in spots, but full rasp shows are done. I've seen Gn'R in their various forms 35 times since '91, and will see 3 more in August/September, and never left a show unhappy. The setlist changes and possibly of new songs have me psyched for the shows. The only option is not going to shows, and not following sets anymore. This is what we're going to get from the 61 year old frontman who was never a trained vocalist to begin with.