06/17/23 - Copenhagen DK - Copenhell

downzy

Just now, Alexmee239 said:

Probably the best show vocal wise this tour. Sad to see Dont Cry get so neglected in the last shows 

Yep. Although that's a personal fave of mine. It doesn't matter because the shows are getting better each time. No better still ?

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

It's no where near 90s axl 

I have been drinking.  But this performance shows more energy and enthusiasm and better vocal range that I’ve seen in ages.  So that’s good enough for me.  Just need to keep drinking. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Well i see 90s axl that energy is there  it wasn't before.

Just now, waxl1974 said:

All looking very positive for the future. Axl has rediscovered that spark that seemed to have gone a little bit. 

Just under 2 weeks to London 😁

Exactly !:dance:He is BACK,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

It's no where near 90s axl 

It's not, and it would be impossible for a 61 year old man to come close to that. However, the renewed energy is great to see, and some of the notes he hit tonight were very impressive. He looked he could've went another hour. 

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, Chinese Democracy, Pretty Tied Up, Slither, Coma, Double Talkin’ Jive, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Hard Skool, Reckless Life, Absurd, Estranged, Down On The Farm, Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, TV Eye, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Only Women Bleed (intro)/Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain
Encore: Prostitute, Happy Birthday Dizzy, Patience, Paradise City

Notes: Before and after, Live And Let Die, Axl tells a story about being in school, doing The Twist on a desk, getting caught by a teacher and how it's a 40-something year old grudge.

source: jarmo/HTGTH

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

It's not, and it would be impossible for a 61 year old man to come close to that. However, the renewed energy is great to see, and some of the notes he hit tonight were very impressive. He looked he could've went another hour. 

I'm wondering if they were restricted to 3 hours cause of  the late start and the festival. Interesting to see how they push it out at their next non festival show which will be Glasgow.

5 hours ago, Lio said:

Plus there were already problems in the VR says with Matt demanding the same exposure as Slash. Slash and Duff might not be so eager to get him back in GNR.

Oh are people expecting him to return full time?? 🤣🤣 Not a hope of that. If Matt was in the band, they'd last maybe a year... and that's with travelling separately and just meeting on stage😄 He hasn't said it outright, but I don't think he counts Slash and Duff has friends, I think he considers them snakes because they didn't include him in the reunion. I also believe he believes he's THE gnr drummer, like most iconic, when he was just another drummer and was lucky to have had the gig (even though he is a solid player).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I have a feeling the new songs won’t get played until the US leg. 

See ya there! 

I don't know, we have a tendency to push these things down the line. 

It would be great if they played a new song... but I just don't see the point of getting hopes up, because they are pretty good at not following through😄 I also don't see why they'd wait, this euro run is long enough!

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't know, we have a tendency to push these things down the line. 

It would be great if they played a new song... but I just don't see the point of getting hopes up, because they are pretty good at not following through😄 I also don't see why they'd wait, this euro run is long enough!

Europe is never an issue ticket-sale wise. USA is always an issue. I still feel they will get released either before the leg starts or during to drum up more sales. 

His piano playing was very interesting 2 me. Very strong tonight too.  I  enjoyed November rain particularly tonight ( when i never really do too much, as i am not one for mushy stuff) . I do hold out hope for Dust in the wind as an intro though. Overall,  the second best concert so far to me. First was Madrid.

Okay i just come back to say that :lol:

Night everyone