06/17/23 - Copenhagen DK - Copenhell

downzy

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Europe is never an issue ticket-sale wise. USA is always an issue. I still feel they will get released either before the leg starts or during to drum up more sales. 

I guess I don't think a new single will have any major difference in sales in the US. I think there's just always a lot of options vying for peoples money... I think the best bet of selling loads of tickets is great reviews from Europe and people commenting on the changed up set lists... and maybe if they played/released a new song and loudwire/blabbermouth pick it up, then most likely fans will click and listen to how it sounds, but I don't think the people who haven't bought tickets will be swayed be a new GNR single. These people would need the spectacle. So something like a new stage, or something similar to Vegas where Axls platform was in the air above the crowd. Not so say US concert goers are just distracted by shiny things😄. It's the same everywhere! Like if GNR played Ireland this year, max they'd pull is 20/40k when they played Slane and it was a spectacle there was 70/80k, big difference.

I think this tour will do just fine though, couple of venues a little light bit overall it'll do fine. But I would think this is the last go around before they have to put pen to paper and do some studio work.... But we've said that MANY times before!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

this stream is very good. His setting can record his rasp

The topic of his rasp and recordings is getting kind of tired, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised how much raspier he sounded live than on recordings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, GunsDK said:

Just got back from the show. For the most part I thought it was great. Axl’s vocals at first were very prominent in the mix and he sounded amazing.

and he made  jokes and told that  random story from his school years. At several points it seemed he wanted to talk more and then the band just launched into the next song 😂

The birthday song for Dizzy was cute. I shot this video of it: 

I have highlighted the parts i saw yesterday too and that was  just from  watching on a stream. Seemed to want to talk more. I love that.  See, that is what i mean by him being 'back' & the 90's energy . If some of us  felt that here,  and you are saying this as a gunner who actually attended  then , it must be true.

It is all looking so positive for the future. I'm really excited you guys.^_^

@GunsDK I for one , love your review &  glad you had a great time and that it was amazing  Lovely video for Dizzy too.

Edited by wendirosez
Add a little more
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I haven't given up hope for that this leg of the tour yet.....if another 10/15 shows go by, then I'd probably say you're right. 

If the tour finishes in the US with no new songs.....then we're totally fucked! 

my guess is we're tottally going to get old new tunes but it's gonna be fed to use 1 Chinese tune at a time until we have 2 to 4 more songs released. I think Axl wants to kinda milk it for all it's worth, the tunes Slash and Duff rerecorded bass and guitar. After that, who knows.

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

my guess is we're tottally going to get old new tunes but it's gonna be fed to use 1 Chinese tune at a time until we have 2 to 4 more songs released. I think Axl wants to kinda milk it for all it's worth, the tunes Slash and Duff rerecorded bass and guitar. After that, who knows.

I would think so too, but if the tour ends and we have nothing, I think that's it for a long time. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I would think so too, but if the tour ends and we have nothing, I think that's it for a long time. 

it seems Axl prefers to release what he has during a tour so I'd say it's likely, but on the other hand, Axl is very unpredictable so you never know.

8 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Very harsh reviews from Danish media, especially on Axl's voice and Slash 61 solos thru the concert. Also many people at concert saying Axl should retire and stop singing. 

That's too bad. Same as Belgium then. Very odd that now the forum seems positive, the reviews seem worse than ever. I often thought in the past the press was quite mild, while the forum was very harsh. Now it seems to be the other way around.

Were you at the show?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stro said:

Probably the best Prostitute performance under any line up of the band. Really should be using Melissa's vocals in more songs, too.

2014 was the best performances. I do like the piano outro they do now though, and Melissa's synths and vocals being high in the mix is always a good thing.

Axl has never sounded great on the verses, but he just sounds pathetic on them now. The 'perversion and pain' scream is his only decent moment in the song. Prostitute is my favourite song on CD but it's not really a good live song.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's too bad. Same as Belgium then. Very odd that now the forum seems positive, the reviews seem worse than ever. I often thought in the past the press was quite mild, while the forum was very harsh. Now it seems to be the other way around.

Were you at the show?

I think we're all pretty used to how they sound now but have a renewed interest/enthusiasm by the fact the setlists have finally changed. 

Reviews are just calling the show as they see it, without that interest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

The novelty has gone now. They've been round the world a couple of times now and the setlist, while it's somewhat changed up with some deep cuts, not many casual fans really care to hear these songs. If Axl isn't ripping through the popular singles every night, it's gonna wear thin for most. I suspect this is why they've done more festivals this year, they suspected some of the large venues, especially open air, might not sell amazingly well. This is the first tour since 2002 I haven't gone to at least one show. I've never been one to really watch videos of shows, especially if I'm attending a show in the current tour, but what I have heard is hit and miss at best. It's just that we've come to expect that.