06/17/23 - Copenhagen DK - Copenhell

downzy

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

t. They record in portrait mode. Etc. It's horrible these days,

Most people watch the videos in portrait mode though. You don't hold your phone lying down. Does tictoc, instagram even work in landscape moded? Youtube shorts are formatted for portrait. So, why would they film in landscape? They are not filming for your LG OLED or even youtube. Boomer.

I filmed 12-15 seconds of No Leaf Clover this Sunday for Insta Stories. Landscape would be pointless for that.

And, 

I hate to see a sea of iphones at every show. But at the same time I know many moments that have been saved to be seen by fans and saved for history because of people filming. So for me, it's a double edged sword. The best would be if everyone got together and dedicated one person to film, so moments like this would not be lost to time:

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

2 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Most people watch the videos in portrait mode though. You don't hold your phone lying down. Does tictoc, instagram even work in landscape moded? Youtube shorts are formatted for portrait. So, why would they film in landscape? They are not filming for your LG OLED or even youtube. Boomer.

I filmed 12-15 seconds of No Leaf Clover this Sunday for Insta Stories. Landscape would be pointless for that.

And, 

I hate to see a sea of iphones at every show. But at the same time I know many moments that have been saved to be seen by fans and saved for history because of people filming. So for me, it's a double edged sword. The best would be if everyone got together and dedicated one person to film, so moments like this would not be lost to time:

I'm not talking about tictoc shit snippets, I'm talking about "proper" videos, i.e. landscape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ratam said:

Wow! Never imagined it of an Scandinavian crowd. Seem more like SA crowd.

I went to several festivals in Sweden and Denmark in the 90's and early 2000's, the crowds were always very rowdy, like at most festivals I guess. Even as a teenager I was pissed off with all the crowdsurfers, when you're there to actually see your favourite bands it's very annoying to get peoples shoes and asses in your face every five minutes. It's also a safety risk. 

Good thing is that crowd safety is overall way better now, unfortunately it took 9 people to be crushed to death and 30 injured at a Pearl Jam concert at Roskilde Festival in 2000 for that to happen :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

I went to several festivals in Sweden and Denmark in the 90's and early 2000's, the crowds were always very rowdy, like at most festivals I guess. Even as a teenager I was pissed off with all the crowdsurfers, when you're there to actually see your favourite bands it's very annoying to get peoples shoes and asses in your face every five minutes. It's also a safety risk. 

Good thing is that crowd safety is overall way better now, unfortunately it took 9 people to be crushed to death and 30 injured at a Pearl Jam concert at Roskilde Festival in 2000 for that to happen :mellow:

Yes, i recall it PerlJam concert.

• Haha 1

I've never thought about any gig I've ever been to and said "oh I wish I had a few minutes of that recorded on my phone". Watching live stuff through a screen seems fucking bonkers to me. 

It's the world we live in though now- people just do it almost as a reflex. I hope it will die out at some point as the novelty of constantly recording stuff to prove to yourself you were there wears out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:18 AM, ChrisMaciel said:

There's something different in Slash's guitar tone. Don't know if it's coming from the pedalboard or it's something in the mix.

At first, i thought it was something related to the recording device used in the video, but i've watched videos from others sources (and other shows) and i have the same feeling that something is different from previous tours.

I’ve felt like his tone has ‘evolved’.. sounds like the volume knob was up higher in the 90’s and is probably 5-6 now. His guitar doesn’t drive through the mix the way it did in the 90’s. 

The tone obviously sounds pretty compressed over streams/ cell recordings as well which doesn’t help. 

13 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

And, 

Holy crap, that was worse than GnR's bloated drawn out KOHD !  

17 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

PJ ? ...Pearl jam , Gosh i thought that would be the last concert that would happen. I bet Vedder  ran away...<_<

I am super happy you had a wonderful time seeing our guys and was safe, my lady. :hug:

13 minutes ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

All shows should be pro-shot and then be sold digitally and physically at reasonable prices.

This sounds reasonable to me..

Edited by wendirosez
bloody vedder*
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

PJ ? ...Pearl jam , Gosh i thought that would be the last concert that would happen. I bet Vedder  ran away...<_<

Um... They wanted to call it quits after that, they were devastated. It was through no fault of their own and when I saw Pearl Jam last year Eddie mentioned it again. He always has his eye on the crowd and asks if everyone is okay when he thinks someone might be in trouble, like addressing people personally.

• Like 2