06/09/23 - Madrid, ES - Civitas Metropolitan Stadium

downzy

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

We’re done with surprises for today, right? ‘Cause they’re about to go Slash solo / “Sweet Child” and rip through the rest of the hits.

They played Nice Boys and Street of Dreams after SCOM/November Rain/Wichita Lineman in Abu Dhabi. 

We gonna get more, they already played Wichita and Don't Cry, 2 open spots at least.

• Like 2

Imagine if after the solo, they just launched into “Perhaps.” LOL

We’d all lose our minds. Or when they bring the piano for “November Rain” and we all expect “November Rain,” but we hear that little piano “riff” from “Perhaps” instead. Crowd would be like WTF. I’d be shitting myself.

Just now, GnR Chris said:

Imagine if after the solo, they just launched into “Perhaps.” LOL

We’d all lose our minds. Or when they bring the piano for “November Rain” and we all expect “November Rain,” but we hear that little piano “riff” from “Perhaps” instead. Crowd would be like WTF. I’d be shitting myself.

And then straight into a bewildering cover of Country House by Blur, just to dick with people.

• Like 1

The funny thing about the Slash noodling comments is that almost every member of Nu Guns was a shredder and noodled a whole lot more than Slash does... 

Go back and listen to those awful versions of classic Guns songs, particularly Nightrain

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jacdaniel said:

The funny thing about the Slash noodling comments is that almost every member of Nu Guns was a shredder and noodled a whole lot more than Slash does... 

Go back and listen to those awful versions of classic Guns songs, particularly Nightrain

No, thanks. I would like to keep my dinner in the stomach tonight

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cineater said:

Imagine sitting next to someone who through the whole show is critiquing it.  You pop in here to share the concert with other folks and it's like the other guy said a negative vibe.

It's a discussion forum though. If people want to criticise - let them go for it if that's what they think. 

I think this show seems great....but fully respect and am interested in hearing the views of people who think differently. 

That's why MYGNR exists and has always been a decent place to discuss the band- people think differently and 99 per cent of them discuss and put their views across pretty well. Whatever they may be. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Imagine se depois do solo, eles simplesmente começassem a tocar “Maybe”. LOL

Todos nós perderíamos a cabeça. Ou quando eles trazem o piano para “November Rain” e todos nós esperamos “November Rain”, mas em vez disso ouvimos aquele pequeno “riff” de piano de “Perhaps”. Multidão seria como WTF. Eu estaria me cagando.

• Like 1