06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya he's sounded pretty decent for mid 70s...I saw him live ages ago and think he's been better tonight! He's static so probably a bit easier to control his levels but still ...

Yeah, never really liked his music much tbh but I’ve watched his whole show up to now and I’ve loved it, he sounds really bloody good and his guitar player is pretty amazing too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Can't deny that catalogue fan or not....probably biggest audience sing-along sans Lizzo. My word Glasto have really waited until tonight to get their drone shots out, every 5 minutes they love that pan out...didnt do that previous nights...

Tonight's set has been hit after hit after hit. Great end to the weekend and definitely still has it for a mid-70s bloke

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Funny isn’t it that no other artists at glastonbury have had the mic sound issues Axl did - the sound for Elton is amazing and his vocals are loud, no issues for him.

Apparently Blondie had the same issue. Maybe they fixed it? Either way Elton sounds freaking GREAT!!!

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/bbc-viewers-turn-blondie-glastonbury-8550662.amp

• Like 1

Wouldn't call myself a massive fan in that I haven't gone to see him live but this has been perfection from start to finish - he and his band are super tight and his back catalogue is phenomenal. Have had a lot of fun watching Guns and now Elton - don't go to many live shows these days so it's been great to be able to watch shows via the stream and it's been great to jump back in here for the first time in ages! 

Never thought when I was watching an old RIR 2001 bootleg in the 2000s that I'd see Slash and Duff play Skilworms on the BBC :lol:

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 4

Elton still has it!  Great set today at Glastonbury, glad I was able to catch a Twitch stream of it

The thing with Elton's set that always blows my mind is that it is hit after hit after hit, like it is nonstop just music that has been the soundtracks of so many people's lives

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Elton still has it!  Great set today at Glastonbury, glad I was able to catch a Twitch stream of it

The thing with Elton's set that always blows my mind is that it is hit after hit after hit, like it is nonstop just music that has been the soundtracks of so many people's lives

Plus he's just one of the greats on the piano if you appreciate musicianship (I mean that's what AXL digs in him) 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

Just read a journalist in the guardian who noted that the predominant moods in Glastonbury crowds are generally ambivalence and distraction, followed by extreme enthusiasm when they recognise something from the radio or their Spotify play list. 

Gnr did as well as a band like them could do in this type of situation I think. 

You really need to be someone like Elton John to connect to the entire mass of people all at once.