Axl to appear on "Hot ones"?

4 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Would be very cool. So won't happen

You read often from people that he's a shy person, people like that try to stay out of the spotlight which may sound surprising for a frontman of an 80s rock band.  I'd like him to appear also but unlikely. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

What is 'Hot Ones'? Is it a food show on TV?

I think it's some guy interviewing a famous person, while they eat increasingly spicy stuff

edit:

example episode

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

Apparently Hot Ones has a deep research process on their guests:

https://www.heatsupply.nl/en/how-does-the-hot-ones-team-research-their-guests/

if they're researching on Axl, they're going to end up reading a big chunk of the a-4-d site.

so if they had Axl on, they might lob him some deep questions. What kind of questions would he be comfortable answering anyway? He doesn't do interviews much nowadays, and I don't know if Axl has much control over what questions are off-limits/ones he won't want to answer, from the Hot-Ones interviewers

like, do they just ask him about the music and stick to that, or would they ask him stuff like
"explain your wilderness years, explain that massive notebook you had while talking on the phone to Izzy, can you tell us more about your pet wallaby you had at one point, why did you get those braids for your hair, what was up with your relationships with your former band-members, why haven't you released an album in ages"...etc

How would they strike the balance between asking deep questions, and asking questions that are not so potentially unpleasant or awkward that Axl wouldn't want to sign on to do an episode because he senses the potential that something awkward might happen?

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BucketEgg said:

How would they strike the balance between asking deep questions, and asking questions that are not so potentially unpleasant or awkward that Axl wouldn't want to sign on to do an episode because he senses the potential that something awkward might happen?

They'd find a balance pretty easily, Sean gets complimented regularly about the niche questions.

Tbh I think out of all the GNR members, Slash would be the most entertaining guest on Hot Ones.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Haha would love to see it… though Axl strikes me as remarkably self conscious. Can’t imagine he’s open to sweating his bollocks off, swigging milk and choking whilst getting asked about why ChiDem took 14 years. Could be wrong. The axl fat-shaming community would have a meme field day. 

i’m so surprised none of them have been on Joe Rogan yet. Joe Rogan knows fuck all about music and by all accounts, does zero research prior to meeting rockstars. Weirdly, it results in slightly more interesting conversations. Like when he spent an hour talking to Hetfield about bees. I was certain duff would be on at some point, what with his ‘bro’ credentials (finance degree, martial artist, everything Rogan loves)…

A long form interview with axl would honestly be as welcome as new music.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The whole point of hot ones is that it's not a regular interview. It would be interesting to see Axl on the show (maybe he'd be asked about voice work on GTA and niche stuff like that) but yea, it probably wouldn't happen. 

Always wanted to hear how and why he got that job on GTA, an odd but cool choice he made. Would definitely be a good watch. Not getting my hopes up… well.. trying not to get my hopes up 😅

• Like 2