Axl to appear on "Hot ones"?

35 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I really cannot see Axl taking part in what sounds like an underwhelming tv show.

It’s a massively popular YouTube series that time and time again delivers very enlightening and enjoyable long form discussions with massive celebrities, hosted by a cool guy with a gift for getting more out of his guests than every sycophantic late night TV host (hack) put together. 

and they eat wings.

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

btw would Axl being on Hot Ones be the greatest professional choice (outside of the reunion) he's made in the last 30ish years? Probably.

But they don't want him...and what's he gonna promote? Leg 100 of the "Never ending in this lifetime" tour?

It is what it is at this point, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I really cannot see Axl taking part in what sounds like an underwhelming tv show.

You should check it out, it's actually pretty enjoyable. 

Now if you're looking for the 60 minutes/Dan Rather interview type of thing, then you've taken the wrong turn😄 

I think it would be hilarious to have Axl on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

btw would Axl being on Hot Ones be the greatest professional choice (outside of the reunion) he's made in the last 30ish years? Probably.

But they don't want him...and what's he gonna promote? Leg 100 of the "Never ending in this lifetime" tour?

It is what it is at this point, unfortunately. 

They don't want him??? 🤣🤣 Based upon? And yeah, he doesn't have an album to promote, but he can just go on it and not promote anything specific

No tv show/interviewer is going to turn down Axl Rose if he showed willingness to work with them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Then you're posting in the wrong thread because this is a youtube show and it's pretty fucking great.

Also no offense to Axl and the guys (+ Melissa) but this show is usually for relevant celebrities and not old nostalgic acts of yesteryear, hence the name.

I’d agree Axl is long past his ‘zeitgeist’ moment, but with his ‘legend’ status, coupled with his elusiveness, and ongoing commitment to a full press-embargo, I imagine he’d be a pretty hot ticket for any show. Remember when he just showed up on Kimmel and everyone collectively shit themselves? He wasn’t even really promoting anything. Or was it The Joint residency? Regardless, most shows would have him on in a second. The one single thing Axl has done very well is preserve his mystique. 

Joe Rogan has said in a podcast with Theo Von that he’d love Axl to come on. Joe’s the alpha in this podcast era… this is a guy turning down opportunities to meet presidents… if he wants Axl, I’d imagine everyone does.

Edited by Billy Cundy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

One hasn't anything to do with the other. 

(It's a half-baked memory and possibly wrong but) I saw an old discussion saying that apparently some Guns N Roses members were not allowed to appear on Appetite for Distortion, where the interviewer knows a lot about GnR and can ask deep questions -> I adjust my expectations to "GnR members might not appear on long interviews where the interviewer is knowledgeable and might ask deep questions" -> I hear about the possibility that Axl might appear in a separate show where the interviews are long and may ask deep questions + Axl has been an elusive person -> If Axl actually appears on Hot Ones, it would be out of my expectations.

7 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe you should check out the episodes with Dave Grohl, Lenny Kravitz, Post Malone, etc to get a sense of what it's like, it's more entertaining than any other interview show I can think of...

4 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

I’d agree Axl is long past his ‘zeitgeist’ moment, but with his ‘legend’ status, coupled with his elusiveness, and ongoing commitment to a full press-embargo, I imagine he’d be a pretty hot ticket for any show. Remember when he just showed up on Kimmel and everyone collectively shit themselves? He wasn’t even really promoting anything. Or was it The Joint residency? Regardless, most shows would have him on in a second. The one single thing Axl has done very well is preserve his mystique. 

Joe Rogan has said in a podcast with Theo Von that he’d love Axl to come on. Joe’s the alpha in this podcast era… this is a guy turning down opportunities to meet presidents… if he wants Axl, I’d imagine everyone does.

His Kimmel appearance in 2012...aka 11 years ago already? He was promoting the Joint residency because it was selling that poorly.

Joe Rogan or Bill Maher's podcast would be the best venues for him to ever have an interview...but he won't. Hot Ones is too popular of a show these days to  have him. Look at who they interview - in demand actors/actresses and musicians promoting current work...not "legends"

I feel like people forget that he hasn't released an album on the "zeitgeist" of pop culture (truly, unless you consider the streaming records CD broke on Myspace 15 years ago) in more than 30 years? He's not even the "Howard Hughes of RnR" anymore. Just because he means a ton to some of the people on here doesn't mean every media person is shitting themselves to interview him right now.

I hate to be blunt to those who think otherwise, but unless you're talking about a "geriatric interviewing another geriatric" type show no one is beating the door down to interview Axl Rose in 2023. He's not the pop culture "icon" or whatever he was in 1992...and I'm sure he's thankful for that as well. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

His Kimmel appearance in 2012...aka 11 years ago already? He was promoting the Joint residency because it was selling that poorly.

Joe Rogan or Bill Maher's podcast would be the best venues for him to ever have an interview...but he won't. Hot Ones is too popular of a show these days to  have him. Look at who they interview - in demand actors/actresses and musicians promoting current work...not "legends"

I feel like people forget that he hasn't released an album on the "zeitgeist" of pop culture (truly, unless you consider the streaming records CD broke on Myspace 15 years ago) in more than 30 years? He's not even the "Howard Hughes of RnR" anymore. Just because he means a ton to some of the people on here doesn't mean every media person is shitting themselves to interview him right now.

I hate to be blunt to those who think otherwise, but unless you're talking about a "geriatric interviewing another geriatric" type show no one is beating the door down to interview Axl Rose in 2023. He's not the pop culture "icon" or whatever he was in 1992...and I'm sure he's thankful for that as well. 

Hot Ones has had legends like Lenny Kravitz and LL Cool J somewhat recently, but yea I'd definitely prefer to see Axl on Club Random or JRE.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hot Ones has had legends like Lenny Kravitz and LL Cool J somewhat recently, but yea I'd definitely prefer to see Axl on Club Random or JRE.

I knew those two in particular were going to be brought up and I'd (slightly) push back by saying they're the only two "old" musicians to be on the show recently (aka the past year or more) and both were promoting a (legit) project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

I knew those two in particular were going to be brought up and I'd (slightly) push back by saying they're the only two "old" musicians to be on the show recently (aka the past year or more) and both were promoting a (legit) project.

True. I think Slash would be the best GNR member for a Hot Ones interview. Whether it's music or horror movies he's usually got something to promote, he's more famous to the general public, and he'd probably be more entertaining than Axl or Duff.

• Like 2

Based on what Wikipedia says the release schedule is ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hot_Ones_episodes ), season 17 to 20 consistently has 12 episodes, and the new season starts sometime in the month after the previous one.

Each season goes for around 4 months (including the start and end months)

So with this, I predict the new season of Hot Ones will start sometime in late May, will run for May, June, July, and August.

If the timing-predictions are correct, by the end of August this year, we will know if Axl is definitely not on for season 21.

4 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

(It's a half-baked memory and possibly wrong but) I saw an old discussion saying that apparently some Guns N Roses members were not allowed to appear on Appetite for Distortion, where the interviewer knows a lot about GnR and can ask deep questions -> I adjust my expectations to "GnR members might not appear on long interviews where the interviewer is knowledgeable and might ask deep questions" -> I hear about the possibility that Axl might appear in a separate show where the interviews are long and may ask deep questions + Axl has been an elusive person -> If Axl actually appears on Hot Ones, it would be out of my expectations.

it didnt have anything to do with the questions asked. management didnt like the guests brando had on his show

• Like 1

I can’t really imagine this (and only know this show from a description), but considering Axl never does anything the normal way (like an interview, at last), there may be a slight chance of this happening. I’d still prefer a classic interview, but then again, as long as we get some new Axl appearance, who am I to say no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazyman said:

Yeah maybe you’re right! 

Sean is such a good researcher and interviewer that if it weren't for TB vetoing hard and unconfortable querstions, he'd be the one to ask about lost songs and demos, unfinished projects and whatnot. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

I'd love to see Rogan interview Axl. I hope they would discuss the CD era, as it is pretty interesting. 

• Like 1