Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

21 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The intro was my favorite part of the Village version. Because when the main riff starts coming in with the drums it builds a lot of anticipating for when the song actually starts with the fast drum roll and then Axl's vocals. Kick ass

I feel like that version of Hard Skool would be a great album opener. Then followed by Zodiac, with that piano intro so folks are initially mislead into thinking it's a slower ballad song then BAM!

8 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Depends on how you’re defining success. They could’ve been the next Stones. They have one “disappointing” album in the last 30 F’ing years…incredibly disappointing how it turned out (even with occasional exciting times like the beginning of the “reunion”). 

I'm talking purely financial success. The NITL tour is one of the highest grossing tours of all time. Since the reunion the band has profited over half a billion dollars. My point is all the complaining and criticisms we have fall flat when the actual reality is they are very successful in what they have been and are doing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I feel like that version of Hard Skool would be a great album opener. Then followed by Zodiac, with that piano intro so folks are initially mislead into thinking it's a slower ballad song then BAM!

Yeah it definitely would work great as an opener. For my trilogy playlists, I have Zodiac as the beginning of the grand finale for the 3rd part, starting right after This I Love for the same reason you just described.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm talking purely financial success. The NITL tour is one of the highest grossing tours of all time. Since the reunion the band has profited over half a billion dollars. My point is all the complaining and criticisms we have fall flat when the actual reality is they are very successful in what they have been and are doing.

Yeah, that’s deluded thinking imo. At the end of the day, you remember the music released and how it was played. Not that The Stones made a bunch of money because Budweiser sponsored their tour or whatever. Good for the band making some cash (I doubt they’ve profited over half a billion since 2016) but that’s not what is most important when it’s all said and done. 

Edited by Martin Riggs

23 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah, that’s deluded thinking imo. At the end of the day, you remember the music released and how it was played. Not that The Stones made a bunch of money because Budweiser sponsored their tour or whatever. Good for the band making some cash (I doubt they’ve profited over half a billion since 2016) but that’s not what is most important when it’s all said and done. 

Ok well you can go look it up lol call it deluded all you want but a simple look at the band's wikipedia page shows an incredibly successful career. You saying "they could have been the next Stones" is deluded thinking when trying to downplay the impact and success they've had.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Ok well you can go look it up lol call it deluded all you want but a simple look at the band's wikipedia page shows an incredibly successful career. You saying "they could have been the next Stones" is deluded thinking when trying to downplay the impact and success they've had.

Go look up the definition of the word profit. Also from 1993 on GNR is a story of wasted time and potential. Go argue with someone else if you disagree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

On my “CD2” playlist I have As It Began as the opener for obvious reasons. But I put Z13 next as kinda like that “c’mon another piano ballad?” moment. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

Did anyone actually presave it though? 

like did anything show up on Spotify/Apple music 

I did and my Apple account got blocked :lol:

Had to unblock it on another device to authorize the Apple Music pre-save thing that in the end didn't work anyways.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Go look up the definition of the word profit. Also from 1993 on GNR is a story of wasted time and potential. Go argue with someone else if you disagree.

It's not up for debate. GnR are a successful business. Just because you're upset that they didn't become the next Stones doesn't make them a failure. They make a lot of money every year. AFD is still regarded as one of if not the best debut albums of all time. They have multiple songs that still get regular daily radio play. Good thing you're not in charge of writing their story!

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's not up for debate. GnR are a successful business. Just because you're upset that they didn't become the next Stones doesn't make them a failure. They make a lot of money every year. AFD is still regarded as one of if not the best debut albums of all time. They have multiple songs that still get regular daily radio play. Good thing you're not in charge of writing their story!

I'd say you're both right. They're no doubt hugely successful, but from relatively very little. There's been a hell of a lot of wasted potential, but have absolutely capitalized on what's there.

They're great and successful, no doubt, but could have absolutely been greater and even more successful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

I'd say you're both right. They're no doubt hugely successful, but from relatively very little. There's been a hell of a lot of wasted potential, but have absolutely capitalized on what's there.

They're great and successful, no doubt, but could have absolutely been greater and even more successful.

Absolutely. I'm not denying there wasn't wasted potential, and from '93-'16 the band's history is less than stellar. Of course there was wasted potential. Nobody denies that. That wasn't my point though. From 2016 to 2019 their tour became one of the highest grossing tours of all time. They made more money than bands of their time and groups and artists of the modern era. All on the back of their 30+ year old catalogue. That's a huge accomplishment, and to deny that as being successful is "deluded"

• Like 2

I think the biggest missed opportunity with GN'R was them not delivering on the trilogy of CD albums, especially if they heavily featured Buckethead. 

Of course, we all agree another missed opportunity was TSI being the last album with the classic lineup, and at this point, it may be too late for them to do anything about that, seeing how they are struggling with handling the material left from the CD sessions.

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Absolutely. I'm not denying there wasn't wasted potential, and from '93-'16 the band's history is less than stellar. Of course there was wasted potential. Nobody denies that. That wasn't my point though. From 2016 to 2019 their tour became one of the highest grossing tours of all time. They made more money than bands of their time and groups and artists of the modern era. All on the back of their 30+ year old catalogue. That's a huge accomplishment, and to deny that as being successful is "deluded"

Yeah, they’ve made a lot of money since Slash returned…who’s arguing that’s not the case? That doesn’t negate the underwhelming previous 20 years or that we haven’t got a new album since. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They paid Steven Wilson a huge amount to remix UYI recently.....then didn't even bother releasing it. 

I'm still so pissed off about that. Estranged in surround sound...:(

• Like 2
  • Wow 1