Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

17 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Wish Slash had the balls to tell Axl they either release/record stuff or he's out again. He's the only one in the band who could stand to him, Axl knows without him again he's fucked.

With the kind of alimony Slash has to pay, he needs Axl just as much as Axl needs him. They’re locked in a stalemate.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Or the rock news outlets are using this forum as the original source. They don't know shit. They're just as clueless as casual fans are. 

I think they were referring to the fact that “August 11th” was literally animated into the gif design. No way they’d go thru the trouble of doing that unless, at some point, that was really meant to be the release date.

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think they were referring to the fact that “August 11th” was literally animated into the gif design. No way they’d go thru the trouble of doing that unless, at some point, that was really meant to be the release date.

I'm not familiar with that. I don't care about or pay attention to any "back door" stuff this forum sniffs out. It's all conjecture to me.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

In terms of releasing new music it is. I’ve never heard of a band dropping a song at a time that isn’t midnight in some timezone. 

Yea, but team brazil (you know, the greatest management team of all time) will claim that guns don’t do anything the ordinary way etc….punk as fuck blah blah blah.

there are sentinelese tribes that are untouched by civilization that would be better managers and would actually get music released.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JimiRose said:

On the day that Harry Kane joins Bayern Munich, breaking tens of millions of hearts, destroying Tottenham Hotsput Football club, GnR couldn't even release a 24 year old (and 3 year old re recorded) single song on the day they chose it to be released to soften any blow. This band is criminal. 

down bad 

1 hour ago, Dean said:

I'll second that hope, though it seems as if it's an Axl call going down that route as the audio from Appetite for Democracy is exactly the same. A massive contrast to what they did going against the norm in the midst of the loudness war regarding how Chinese was mixed and mastered. More of that caliber would be very much welcomed, as often the case, great mastering can elevate a good song into a great song.

Was Appetite for Democracy that bad? I watched the DVD once and never listened to it with headphones (I really despise the Ashba era), didn't know it was like that. I guess everything regarding that release was butchered anyways. 

1 hour ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

They’ve had 23 years!

Technically less because they had to remix it after Slash, Duff and (maybe) Richard's new layers, but yeah, I know. Still, wasn't this the reason why Axl and Slash were listening to new mixes with different speakers and headphones in Sweden? Back then I speculated that this fact would indicate that the single would be out only by the NA tour.

They suck at being professionals, that's for sure. :lol:

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They could animated that video/gif with a lot of dates. It's not a big deal to render and export things like that. IMO, that was just a placeholder for the date before the plan changed®.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

In terms of releasing new music it is. I’ve never heard of a band dropping a song at a time that isn’t midnight in some timezone. 

Maybe they’re counting its possible live performance in Hershey tonight?

5 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

why are people mad at the band if they didn't say anything? They didn't announce anything. Just because some rock jurno's said it doesn't mean it was actually planned for the 11th.

The Linkfire website had an animated magic 8 ball that said August 11th. This was an official band page that said it, not some random journalist.

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

I’ll say this to you, I very much would be fine if you’re right and I look like a massive idiot later. But there’s such a history of disappointment with this band and music that I am unable to envision it.

It would be a massive apology for Hershey though for a dud of a show and not playing a new song that was clearly planned back in 2021.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think they are going to play it live before the release only if they are actually releasing it very soon after, like they did with Absurd. Think about it: they are currently wiping all the Perhaps leaks from YouTube. It means that once the song gets released and a little buzz about it starts, they want people to find the official version online, not the leak. And if they don't want them to hear the leak, they most likely don't want people listen to subpar live versions either (which would be the only things available if they play it before the release).

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeppelin said:

Axl's not going to give you a hug for defending him so vigorously.

People aren't pissed about August 11th. That date has no meaning. It's the overall functioning of the band itself. This isn't anything new. It wasn't new today, it wasn't new last week, it wasn't even new when the reunion started a million years ago. People aren't actually expecting new music, because this is Guns N' Roses. We've all read this book before. However, many fans clearly have a desire to hear what's next. That is human nature. To be curious. The reason they get a little irked about it is because they'd like to hear something new in their lifetime. It reaches the point of ridiculousness. People aren't just pulling these things out of the air.

The band doesn't owe anyone anything, but when they have members saying that news will be coming within the week, they're soundchecking new songs, we get potential release dates for new releases, etc., it's going to naturally stir some curiosity. And what do we receive for that curiosity? Overpriced AFD reissues/merch and more BS. The funny thing is, they'll just laugh at people like you who seem to defend their every move because they can get away with shitting out this ridiculous merchandise, since they know it's being purchased. Just like their live shows. They know people will just go, and even if they don't, who cares? They have their money at this point.

Honestly, defending such a husk of a band is laughable to me. You can insult the intelligence of the fans all you want, but believe me, the band isn't laughing at the ones who are annoyed. They're laughing at the ones who lap up everything they do because they can get away with it. I'd much rather be on the side of people wishing for something more than on the other side, stapling a smile on my face for Uncle Axl.

Oh yeah, that's what I was doing, defending Axl (a man I don't even know) ''vigorously'', to get a hug, hahaha. 
p.s. I don't defend the band at all, I don't care enough nor do I have reason to, but as many before me pointed out, in this case the band never announced a date for the release of a song, so people getting disappointed is all on them. I didn't get disappointed because I know better. So yes, it is not exactly smart to expect something that's not announced and then to get mad, especially in the case of band like GnR. And this is not the first time you see that around here.

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Mark my words. There won't be any GNR release this year.

I will proudly attach this comment on December 31 as my New Year wishes here. lol

New year wishes? 

I'd be wishing that there would be gnr music. 

I have a strong feeling that we'll see something before that though. Disheartening as it is not to have the "new" single today, I think with all the 'very soon.... Any day now' comments they will come through and release at least 1 song. Obviously Axl is a man who's promises of new music are poor to say the least but I think there's a want to get things out right now and from a perspective of looking at Axl and the bands performance and energy it seems like they've been reinvigorated by something... One can only hope it's them ramping up for releases

10 minutes ago, downzy said:

No way. They won't play it, but they should, it would ease a lot of tension created in the last couple days. 

But then again, if they are indeed planing to release it next week, I'm sure it would be ok anyways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

No way. They won't play it, but they should, it would ease a lot of tension created in the last couple days. 

But then again, if they are indeed planing to release it next week, I'm sure it would be ok anyways.

I’m still convinced that Axl and/or Team Brazil are pissed that we found the Linkfire page before we were supposed to and called the whole thing off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh yeah, that's what I was doing, defending Axl (a man I don't even know) ''vigorously'', to get a hug, hahaha. 
p.s. I don't defend the band at all, I don't care enough nor do I have reason to, but as many before me pointed out, in this case the band never announced a date for the release of a song, so people getting disappointed is all on them. I didn't get disappointed because I know better. So yes, it is not exactly smart to expect something that's not announced and then to get mad, especially in the case of band like GnR. And this is not the first time you see that around here.

Okay. Again, that's not the point. People wanting a new song and not getting it is not really the disappointing aspect for them. The disappointing aspect comes from knowing deep down that this band is a constant disappointment in general.

If they were a normal, functioning band, not releasing a song here and there wouldn't make a chunk of their fanbase roll their eyes so hard. It would just be a normal plan change. A plan change for GNR is such a colossal comedy of errors and poor planning that many fans get annoyed over the very nature of releasing music in the first place. I don't think anyone on here can tell me (with a straight face, at least) that this band doesn't make things harder on themselves. There are so many opportunities for this band to provide small wins here and there, and they just never take them. Even Absurd and HS were swings and misses because of such awful execution, and those were songs they actually released. People may like those tracks, but it goes back to the band being a disappointment in this regard for a long time.

You keep bringing up intelligence. The fans that are disappointed don't care about August 11th and aren't furious with them about it. They're annoyed that even though there is writing on the wall, the band can't actually get something together, which has been their modus operandi for, how long now? Too many years.

• Like 4