Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Can someone explain this to me like I’m an idiot?

Whats the deal with the Apple link?

Legit/Horse shit?

Troll job.

Someone made up an apple-like URL for album tracks that leads to a blank page (the same url for both songs, although the last digits should be different) and are presenting it as if it's a supposed placeholder for a future upload.

5 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

Just don't piss the money you get for his transfer fee away - like you did with the Gareth Bale money 

Bwahahahaha.

Can't replace players like Bale or Kane. i'd rather they just split it between the fanbase, couldnt trust daniel levy to buy a decent pint, let alone footballer.

Just now, JimiRose said:

Can't replace players like Bale or Kane. i'd rather they just split it between the fanbase, couldnt trust daniel levy to buy a decent pint, let alone footballer.

Sad to see him go , but caceido rejecting Liverpool like that makes up for it. Absolutely hilarious 

• Like 3

Wow, I only saw this last night. I saw multiple articles online (kinda reputable) reporting that perhaps was to be released Aug 11 at midnight, however I think it’s not real and was a rumor that gained massive traction. Or midnight 8/11 is tonight? And then 12:01 am is 8/12? I dunno lol

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

After Perhaps comes out, can’t we then know it’s “number” (I forget the correct term, it’s a type of registration) and see if it fits along with the number range reserved that also includes Hard Skool and Absurd?

No, we will have to wait until it gets listed on the ASCAP website for that, which might take a few months. I think Hard Skool showed up in the ascap database many months after its release.

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

All this for ONE song that is 24 years old minimum and will have zero music video or promotion from the band coz they are sooo punk as fuck. Lol fucking embarrassing band

They really tried. They’re trying to get it out any day now. But between trying to respect what’s going on in the world and not knowing how to release a single in this day and age, they just couldn’t figure out how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

No, we will have to wait until it gets listed on the ASCAP website for that, which might take a few months. I think Hard Skool showed up in the ascap database many months after its release.

I think it doesn't depend on ASCAP. It's a different database (ISRC codes), which represents unique recordings while ASCAP is for songwriting credits. Iirc, Hard Skool appeared in the ISRC database soon after its release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

Thank you!

The funny thing is, even if they release Perhaps soon, we still have not got a song that hasn't leaked prior to release since 2008. (Scraped, Sorry, and This I Love)

I really cant imagine the current lineup doing justice on the Bucket-heavy Village tunes, or things like Zodiac. My wishful thinking is Axl is sticking with some of the older, pre-NITL versions of some songs on an eventual new album, with the half a dozen re-worked songs like Absurd, Hard Skool, etc. If this somehow is the case, they would need to do a better job mixing and mastering the re-worked songs, if the CD-era tracks are mixed like the Village demos or the 2008 album, otherwise, the contrast of the songs would be far too great. It could be done though, just imagine the 2008 album, Slash could have easily played leads on half of those songs, and no one would have thought anything of it.

Perhaps TB/Axl read several of the posts here where folks were concerned with Slash's solo, in favor of Robin's, so they decided to work Robin's solo back into the track, which would warrant a remix and new mastering of the song. 

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They really tried. They’re trying to get it out any day now. But between trying to respect what’s going on in the world and not knowing how to release a single in this day and age, they just couldn’t figure out how to do it.

Understandable. it would be inappropriate for this band to release music ever. and they have faithfully stuck to that principle for nearly every single day since 1993. admirable. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it doesn't depend on ASCAP. It's a different database (ISRC codes), which represents unique recordings while ASCAP is for songwriting credits. Iirc, Hard Skool appeared in the ISRC database soon after its release.

That's great to know, I stand corrected then!

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be funny if a hoarder leaks a 2004-2008 mix of Perhaps, which would likely have a few noticeable differences from the 2000 mix we have, then everyone assumes its the final mix of the song that leaked? This more or less was the thought initially with the 2008 9-song leak, though they were older demos.

It amazes me to see people's frustration for this in here. Like you don't know this is how it's been since 2000?

Unless the ones that are surprised by this clownfest are some teenagers who have joined the community in recent years or old people who'd just came here thinking it's like AFD era lol