Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Just blasted Mix is good. Axl way in front and clear. Duff has some signatures bass lines, some moving guitar riffs. Guitars seem to have replaced the ooo’s. Otherwise a low voice on the chorus that we haven’t heard yet 

BTW I heard this at a bar alone through TouchTunes. Don’t have anything 

Edited by guitarpatch

Just now, Spiritual_Chaos said:

So does the new vocal track sound present day. Or is it just a different one from the version that leaked but still old Axl?

I would say that is impossible to say because I think Axl could produce such vocals in the studio today. What I believe, though, is that these vocals were recorded at some point after the vocals on the version from the Village leaks, but it could have been the week after, the month after, a year after, or really at any date.

• Like 4

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but each time I hear the song I immediately think of David Bowie. Not sure if it's Axl's vocal delivery or the structure of the song (maybe both?) but it sounds like GNR covering a Bowie bootleg. 'Perhaps' it's just me :wow:

22 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I wasn't aware 29 and 31 were even in circulation. I've only seen the pics of Axl looking incredible and the reviews with him saying it was the first shows he wanted to play after the cancelled euro tour he knew nothing about and Rio/HOB where he was clearly sad and not ready. 

I was at the 29th show. First time ever seeing Guns. It was insane

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I would say that is impossible to say because I think Axl could produce such vocals in the studio today. What I believe, though, is that these vocals were recorded at some point after the vocals on the version from the Village leaks, but it could have been the week after, the month after, a year after, or really at any date.

I think it's just something done after the Village session that we have.

But it doesn't sound anything beyond 2002. The signature early 2000's mickey is there. Also Axl's new studio voice is Rock The Rock I think.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DSTK said:

I didn't realise we had touchtunes here, never even heard of it before today

80k at Wembley, don't tell Carl Froch 

P.S...Leeds would take more 🤣 

Tried to locate one in Belgium. No such luck. Except the utterly bland solo the song is actually pretty okay. Just hope the choruses sound a little clearer on the finished product. A non-leaked song next is too much to ask, as a next step? 😈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I think it's just something done after the Village session that we have.

But it doesn't sound anything beyond 2002. The signature early 2000's mickey is there. Also Axl's new studio voice is Rock The Rock I think.

Honestly, I am sure he can turn masking on as he wants to in the studio, singing clean or raspy if needed. But yes, this is reminiscent of other vocals from that era. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, avahland said:

What's the best Discord these days and how do I get invited ?
During the Village Leaks I had an account but somehow my password manager screwed up and I lost all contacts and groups.

What's the best place to start over again  ?

Yeah ditto. I’m more of a forum guy than discord but would definitely join for the cause

I would imagine there is going to be a companion single. Can’t imagine trying to sell the physical media with only one track. 
I think COVID completely screwed the timeline for these releases. I know it has been said that these songs were worked on during the pandemic but hard Skool was being checked in 2019-2020 I believe. 
I bet the original plan was

2020-two singles

2021-UYI box

2022-two singles

2023-two singles

I just hope there is some touring in fall 2024 so we get the last pair

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 2