08/18/23 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

downzy

16 minutes ago, 1987b said:

Hopefully they drop hard school and absurd.  I don’t know anyone looking forward to hearing those songs.  Pehaps is way better 

I look forward to Both.

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Down to just 1 CD song in the set. Makes sense when you're including the new songs 

Yeah. Leave CD in. Axl can sing it and the band does nice with it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Down to just 1 CD song in the set. Makes sense when you're including the new songs 

Only one song (CD) has been staple on this tour anyway. Most of the time they've played one more, but there were other times where only CD was played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNR 1991 said:

He did a great job on the chorus, seriously impressed with the rasp there. Changes the feel of it in a good way.

He’s gotta commit to just the low voice for the verses though, I wanna hear “what a weight upon your shoulders” without that weak mid range voice man. Go full baritone.

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s up with the Mickey verses. You’d think it would be incredibly easy to entirely baritone. He said something along the lines of needing to figure out how to sing it before it started, so it’s entirely possible this performance is his first time trying to sing it in 20+ years.

• Like 4

Gotta say, awesome show! I think better than Hershey last week! I’ve had amazing luck with GNR lately, getting to see the debut of hardskool in Baltimore a few years ago and then perhaps tonight. Only negative for me was that they started a bit later and didn’t have time for a few. Still haven’t seen pretty tied up, but there’s always next time. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah for real. I asked a few of the locals and nobody seems to know

Probably forgot about it. Being the first performance etc. Axl also forgot to sing the last line of the song. I thought Axl sounded pretty decent on this though. The rasp was proper Axl, and not Axl trying to sound like Axl with a forced sound.

I don't think it's a stadium song though. I know it just came out and not many know it, but I think this type of song is more suited to a smaller indoor gig where you have more of a concentration of deeper catalogue fans. 

Edited by Tom2112

3 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I look forward to Both.

Yeah. Leave CD in. Axl can sing it and the band does nice with it. 

I'd def keep every new track possible in, so all 3 should be staples. CD and Madagascar too. Axl can sound good on that and with the MLK and film speeches it actually offers a point of difference in the set. 

• Like 2
  • PERHAPS 1

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Forgot about tonight’s show. From what I saw on Twitter, he sounded fine. I think Slash was playing in Eb, which is funny because some guy on YouTube commented on my cover video insisting that this song would be in standard tuning.

Yeah... Eb it is for sure (Jessica is almost always tuned Eb). I would think that the song is "meant to be" played in standard tuning, but it can also be played in Eb tuning 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Forgot about tonight’s show. From what I saw on Twitter, he sounded fine. I think Slash was playing in Eb, which is funny because some guy on YouTube commented on my cover video insisting that this song would be in standard tuning.

I thought it was standard tuning too when I was trying to figure out the solo yesterday, mainly because the solo starts with an E. But it was quite difficult to do all the double-stop bends clean enough. 

After looking at the live performance, it's quite clear that Slash plays it in half-step down tuning. Now my fingers have some relief when I'm trying to play the solo. 😄

However, I have no clue what scale Slash is using. It seems quite random and there are a couple of notes that I feel do not fit the chord progression. Yet, it somehow seems to work. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I’m surprised Frank didn’t bother to do the drum-fill into the last chorus correctly.

I can’t help but feel bad for him. Maybe I shouldn’t as i don’t really understand the nature of his membership in the band. It’s odd they had him record some songs on Chinese (which all his work sounds great, esp. ITW) yet not on the new stuff? I guess he’s just a touring member but ffs he’s been in the band for close to 20 years.. 

21 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I can’t help but feel bad for him. Maybe I shouldn’t as i don’t really understand the nature of his membership in the band. It’s odd they had him record some songs on Chinese (which all his work sounds great, esp. ITW) yet not on the new stuff? I guess he’s just a touring member but ffs he’s been in the band for close to 20 years.. 

Kind of weird not having him do the drums on the "rerecordings"...

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Surprised he isnt just letting Duff and company do the backup part while he wails "You're all alone!"

That what everyone said he would do...

It was a bit rough, like he's not really practised...it certainly will get better and he'll have figured it out by the end of the tour. No worries there.

6 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Not bad for the first time

There's something there to work with. Stage show needs to increase the lighting intensity....for a new song that helps, especially on the chorus energy injection. Axl needs to work out his highs and lows better or just save the highs for the chorus "All alllllone"....Need to work out the ending better, as it just suddenly ended (Axl) I think we WILL.get better versions....Axl needs to have the song in his ears on repeat until Monday and it'll help with timing, etc. Overall, the best end of week in GNR land this side of a day in November 2008....I don't think many would argue against that....

Edited by colonizedmind