Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

The song itself doesn’t sell tickets. The majority of people don’t want to hear it at a concert 

What sells tickets is the coverage of the song/mentioning the band and the news cycle it generates. That will happen once it’s available 

Exactly.....name drops and mentions....like why Cabury uses a Gorilla to sell its chocolate....no link whatsoever but....

11 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Perhaps isn't going to sell tickets.  Most of the casual audience isn't interested in new music from GnR. There was a dude at the concert the other night who didn't realize they played SCOM.

Guns have a huge audience and people are going to go to the shows and have a good time whether they release these tracks or not 

Not necessarily true. You know what releasing new music does? It gets you in the news and makes you seem like you’re not just nostalgia relic. Some people respond to that and will be more inclined to purchase tickets. This isn’t a new phenomenon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Anything other than a live montage video would just be weird. They’re all over the hill. Is Axl going to be with a super model and Slash playing the poker machine at the rainbow?  Although you know Fernando and Beta would be in it so I guess it would be comical in that regard. Fernando can jump through a wedding cake

Film it in Betas Barn and I'll have it on repeat! Seriously though, expect the lyric vid to drop day end of tour....Hasta La Vista baby!

Edited by colonizedmind

25 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Perhaps isn't going to sell tickets.  Most of the casual audience isn't interested in new music from GnR. There was a dude at the concert the other night who didn't realize they played SCOM.

Guns have a huge audience and people are going to go to the shows and have a good time whether they release these tracks or not 

It's not the single they expect to push ticket sales but the exposure they get from being all over the press, social media, etc.

Whether that works or not is another matter. 

Just now, highvoltage said:

Eh, don't dig this.

- Musically reminds me too much of TWAT / other ideas that we already heard on Chinese D

- Axl's vocal choices confuse me throughout - overall he's way too whiny and all the "hay haaaayyyyy" stuff really grates on me

- The chorus is sort of interesting but then the "all alone now" refrain hits and spoils it for me

- I like both Robin and Slash's solos 

- I like Slash's rhythmic additions

- I like the updated mix

3.5/10 and an appeal to leave the remaining Chinese Leftovers in the fridge; work up something fresh instead of turning to that microwave another time. 

3.5 out of 10 😳 bit harsh. It isn't great but its certainly not awful. What would you give absurd out of interest? 

• Like 1

Trying to be objective I'd say Perhaps is about a 6/10, maybe 6.5/10.

There's a good song there that suffers from some odd mixing choices, repeated lyrics and a weak solo. Like Absurd, I'm expecting the live versions will be a lot better, and I'm looking forward to hearing it in Vancouver.

(For reference I'd say Hardschool is about 5/10 and Absurd maybe a 2/10)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Trying to be objective I'd say Perhaps is about a 6/10, maybe 6.5/10.

There's a good song there that suffers from some odd mixing choices, repeated lyrics and a weak solo. Like Absurd, I'm expecting the live versions will be a lot better, and I'm looking forward to hearing it in Vancouver.

(For reference I'd say Hardschool is about 5/10 and Absurd maybe a 2/10)

agree with everything you said except absurd is not even 2 for me..

can't stand too much FX on axl's vocals

they need a less is more approach

my wife just asked me to pause the song because she was sure there was something else playing in the background.. told her that this is CD era axl... so 98347938457 parallel tracks running

Edited by SL138
  • Like 2

Is it just me or is this mix kind of weird. The vocals blend too much with the instruments, which are layered on top of each other. I had high expectations, but they did the same thing with the mix as in Hardskool - too much compression. I wonder if this is due to the way the old recordings were restored, but after all, ChD sounded superb. 

Midnight is all our friend! Enjoy and let's keep this on repeat and play the shit outta it!!!

Love it - stream it!!!

Hate it - also stream it....as more chance of getting the next thing you may like better !!

Let's go

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

That drumfill before the last chorus is definitely new.

Also are the deep voices in the chorus probably newly recorded?

Axl taught A.I the Shackler's voice! 

2 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Anything other than a live montage video would just be weird. They’re all over the hill. Is Axl going to be with a super model and Slash playing the poker machine at the rainbow?  Although you know Fernando and Beta would be in it so I guess it would be comical in that regard. Fernando can jump through a wedding cake

Here's my corny 90's music video idea for Perhaps.. You see Axl get on a train.... sits down with Beta, Vanessa and Fernando.  Then the train takes off with song the starting to play.  Show's Axl looking out the window of the train, while Team Brazil is having a conversation with themselves.  while he's looking out the window, it cuts to old clips of GnR on stage, behind the scenes footage... ( thinking about old times).  Then it cuts back to the train and the camera's goes row by row... with Duff and Slash sitting in one row... 4tus, Dizzy, Frank, Melissa in the other...     then it show's 2016- 2022 clips of the band performing and backstage... Then it cuts back to Axl looking out the window smiling... then the songs fades out.... while you see back of the train continuing to it's destination. 

Edited by Roses4L
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1