Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Guys....new best Perhaps is the last one? Just finally seen a video of it, annoying he cuts the last note a bit, as Axl did it in his low voice!

Nailed the chorus!! Perhaps chorus might be his best rasp moment in the set now...he is pushing it!! Credit?

Wow, with current times perspective In check and considering he recorded the original vocal 2 decades ago (we think) he sounds not far away from it live here....much closer than other 2 decade + performances so....

I think he's really trying on this one and even just a vocalist with a small catalogue, it's gotta be fun getting to play something new....these are the best times, the first 20-30 performances of this song, where it's never been the same vocally twice...literally! This is the time,  before muscle memory will set in in the future and it'll be similar everytime....he's experimenting with it a bunch and I think he really went for it on this one, singing it all...he must of built up some confidence on it....those there said it sounded great live!

Fast forward to 32.45 (ish)

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Guys....new best Perhaps is the last one? Just finally seen a video of it, annoying he cuts the last note a bit, as Axl did it in his low voice!

Nailed the chorus!! Perhaps chorus might be his best rasp moment in the set now...he is pushing it!! Credit?

Wow, with current times perspective In check and considering he recorded the original vocal 2 decades ago (we think) he sounds not far away from it live here....much closer than other 2 decade + performances do....

I think he's really trying on this one and even just a vocalist with a small catalogue, it's gotta be fun getting to play something new....these are the best times, the first 20-30 performances of this song, where it's never been the same twice...literally! This is the time,  before muscle memory will set in in the future and it'll be similar everytime....he's experimented with it a bunch and I think he really went for it on this one, singing it all...he must of built up some confidence on it....those there said it sounded great live!

That fucking rocks

new music

the band playing amazing 

what a time to be alive

49 minutes ago, inho said:

That fucking rocks

new music

the band playing amazing 

what a time to be alive

Ya....to.be fair he's singing it pretty well here....not like this is a new track just recorded (vocal wise)....that's the funny thing, I've seen commenters focusing on Axl's voice be on YT say like, he sings better on the new tracks because he didnt record it decades ago....I was like, hold my coffee! 

Ya, he really went for the choruses last show....least he's over his illness, he probably had to do some vocal technique work while ill, might of helped him a lil! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Wow, with current times perspective In check and considering he recorded the original vocal 2 decades ago (we think) he sounds not far away from it live here....much closer than other 2 decade + performances so....

I think he's really trying on this one and even just a vocalist with a small catalogue, it's gotta be fun getting to play something new....these are the best times, the first 20-30 performances of this song, where it's never been the same vocally twice...literally! This is the time,  before muscle memory will set in in the future and it'll be similar everytime....he's experimenting with it a bunch and I think he really went for it on this one, singing it all...he must of built up some confidence on it....those there said it sounded great live!

Wow... 100%

By far the best Perhaps so far

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Genuinely decent. Until the end when he goes in to that chest voice, couldn't keep the rasp up I guess?

Are they using the Absurd visual for Rocket Queen now?

He's definately more confident on it now...I would look forward to it in the set now if I'm going to a date! Even just to see how Axl will go for it tonight...good performance! Love the chrouses with him selling over the bed, it sounds pretty strong.

48 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Great last scream! Is it just me or is Perhaps getting the best use of rasp in the whole show now? Really strong from Axl at the end. Not as good as the last tour stop I posted yesterday but a better end note this time! Go Axl! I can tell he's enjoying performing Perhaps....can you guys?

It definitely seems like he's going for rasp which could be good if the general is next to be released and played like I would love to hear axl fully going for it on the general just hopefully he doesn't blow his voice out doing it 

Edited by kingcanyon

The last scream wasn't bad, but I liked that part more when he sang it in his low voice at the previous show.

The main problem with the live performances is the way he sings the verses (although that was supposed to be the easiest part for him to sing). He insists on switching his voice to that weak mid range and it sounds like he's chocking. He always does it on the same lines, so it's by choice and not random. It's not a matter of rehearsal anymore, since he has already sung it quite a few times - apparently he has decided that this is how it should be sung.

The chorus is all right.... Except for the backing track. It just doesn't sound right when it's heard in the background and especially while Axl doesn't sing over it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2023 at 1:29 PM, colonizedmind said:

Sounds great, I just wish he didn't do both parts of the chorus. He should stick to the "You're all alone" part and leave the "Got a lot more than you bargained for" etc. to Duff or Duff and Melissa

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Sounds great, I just wish he didn't do both parts of the chorus. He should stick to the "You're all alone" part and leave the "Got a lot more than you bargained for" etc. to Duff or Duff and Melissa

He does sometimes, but I think he actually enjoys singing it especially the crazy line, so he cant help himself sometimes...

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Las Vegas (it looks like there will be a show there in October):

GNR-LVGATEWAY-01-32-1024x683.jpg

https://pearlmedia.com/projects/lv-gateway-guns-n-roses/

Nice to see Perhaps ad next to it....hoping for more dates all the way till the end of the year and the break up. Means at least we'll get some shows to hear some of the material after the album drops in November....

Source: fucking Reddit.

Edited by colonizedmind