"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

On 8/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, colonizedmind said:

Yet.... Theres a Christmas market to exploit and they'll get the double dippers too who bought the first one. What was the release schedule in 2021/22 again re the different Vinyls/CD's? Interested what came first and last....

Great question, hopefully it's the same this time and the CD single/ep will come afterwards? 

Honestly getting this song and having it announced is more surreal than the actual release of CD. I'm sure a good deal of us on this forum have waited over half our lives to hear this song since it was first mentioned in ~03. And that's not an exaggeration. Plus it is still some 15 years or so since Baz gassed it up a few years after that.

• PERHAPS 2

There's some real special needs people on Reddit over this 😂 anyone who's bought perhaps, what does the general sound like ? 

Can someone DM me the track ?

It goes on , and on, and on 

You can't educate idiots sometimes 

25 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It’s only coming out on cassette 

Where has that been said ? 7" only so far isn't it ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

He’s joking. Funny that you didn’t get the joke considering you just called a bunch of people idiots :lol:

Go on Reddit if you want the definition of an idiot Tino, stating daft bullshit here and on there too is where a load of horse shit goes viral when it is just that...shit 

Edited by DSTK

11 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Go on Reddit if you want the definition of an idiot Tino, stating daft bullshit here and on there too is where a load of horse shit goes viral when it is just that...shit 

I did actually. Seem like a bunch of little kids lol. Hard to read. 

2 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

TheGnral.png 

Gotta give them credit:thumbsup: They could've gone for Atlas and they didn't

Just please, please don't fumble this one!!!

Agreed! I feel like this is them throwing us a bone and it goes an very long way for me as a fan.

15 years of waiting for this and it’s actually happening!

42 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Yeah, they totally knew what they were doing when they chose this track. Makes me hopeful somewhere, someday we might get Soul Monster and Seven if we scream loud enough. lol

But yeah, this time they really threw the dogs a bone.

We’ll have to probably “settle” for Atlas next but maybe you are right!

Atlas was definitely the safe choice instead of The General since it always was leaked

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, Joraz said:

i dunno im a bit less excited for the general knowing its a b side track...

The pessimist in me says you’re right. The optimist in me (which accounts for about .01%) looks at what The Kills just did. They released 2 new tracks in late July and immediately sold them as a 7”. Today (about 4 weeks later) they announced a new album would drop in about 8 weeks, containing both songs. This allowed them to sell the 7” exclusively for a month and then include the songs as part of an album later, causing the fans to double-dip and thus boost physical product sales. If Guns followed this pattern, it’d make sense. Bait the hardcore fanbase into buying an exclusive 7” to capitalize on the mythical The General track and then announce a full length about 4-6 weeks later... double your sales on the physical product that will be essentially antiquated in a months time.  If they went this route, an album announcement would come in late September for a late November release (8 weeks seems like the magic number re: lead time to release an album). But alas, that would make entirely too much sense.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Being the b-side doesn't mean anything as far as quality. Rocket Queen was the b-side for Patience, Whole Lotta Rosie from the Marquee was the b-side for WTTJ, Civil War the b-side for YCBM, etc... those are all great tracks, but not the most radio friendly. Prostitute and TWAT are the best songs on CD and they weren't radio friendly either.

I promise this sentiment will need to be repeated many times until it’s released. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Being the b-side doesn't mean anything as far as quality. Rocket Queen was the b-side for Patience, Whole Lotta Rosie from the Marquee was the b-side for WTTJ, Civil War the b-side for YCBM, etc... those are all great tracks, but not the most radio friendly. Prostitute and TWAT are the best songs on CD and they weren't radio friendly either.

Prostitute is one of my favorite songs on that album. Also from what I can hear from the Vienna after party and if it is supposed to be the "sequel to Estranged" then I have a feeling it's going to be one of the best of the CD era songs so far especially if Axl feels it's ready to be heard finally. Been wanting this one the most along with Soul Monster, I just hope we get to hear the NuGnr version one day. 

• Like 1