"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Im looking forward to vinyl release as a rip of it would hopefully not be as brickwalled. 

10 hours ago, DingBat said:

If it's true that it's getting a vinyl release and nothing else, the only way that makes sense to me is if it's the OG recording with the old line-up. 

This would never be the case given the 3songs released have been hybrid versions. 

14 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I tried buying it but the shipping to France is $22. I refuse to pay $22 on shipping for two vinyls that, together, cost $33. Don't they have an european store/warehouse? Damn.

I'm finding the same issue from new Zealand. Anyone know of the closet store/warehouse for NZ? 

10 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Slightly off topic... Anyone else here has an idea, why OMG is not available on spotify? 

Based on your signature, I'm guessing you're not in the US. I don't have an answer, only that it's on Spotify in the US. Maybe use a VPN? I don't know if VPNs work with Spotify, I've never thought about trying.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Obviously I was exaggerating about 10 copies.

Nothing could ever top that one guy buying something like 50 copies of Chinese Democracy.

It was just funny seeing the contrast between management, how they run things, and of course how they view these forums while a forum member jumps for joy about buying multiple copies of the single.

I assume most forum members are buying it, especially those who have heard about this song for 20 years.

Even lamer is referring to that post as shaming.

Trying to walk it back now, even more lame! 

Edited by Jw224
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It’ll just be on streaming when it comes out. It was only announced to promote the record. When it comes out, it’ll be out- out

This is what is gonna happen no doubt, they aren't just gonna keep it relegated to side two of the other single lol. 

The vinyl thing to me is clearly to drum up discussion and excitement about The General instead of it dropping it randomly digitally, while also making the physical vinyl copies of Perhaps have attention given to them as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

This is what is gonna happen no doubt, they aren't just gonna keep it relegated to side two of the other single lol. 

The vinyl thing to me is clearly to drum up discussion and excitement about The General instead of it dropping it randomly digitally, while also making the physical vinyl copies of Perhaps have attention given to them as well

This is the most logical scenario.

If The General were exclusive to the record, they would have promoted it as such (like they did the record-exclusive tracks on the HS EP). Also, if we want to take Fernando at his word (lol), he did tell people on Reddit before the HS EP's release that the live tracks wouldn't be released digitally, but he wasn't so forthcoming when asked the same about The General (only writing 'perhaps').

While the site which is reporting that The General won't be released digitally is the same that correctly reported on Perhaps' delay, we should probably take timing into account. It is entirely possible that their source was aware of Perhaps as an imminent delayed release, but is not aware of releases further scheduled (e.g. a potential digital release of The General after the Perhaps vinyl release).

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jamillos said:

We're officially getting The General in less than two months. What an improbable statement. Would have been considered crazy a few months back. Still kind of can't wrap my head around it. Let alone once it actually comes out. 

Maybe plans will change...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Slightly off topic... Anyone else here has an idea, why OMG is not available on spotify? 

It’s a film soundtrack rights issue, that whole End of Days soundtrack is unavailable. I bought it off iTunes along with a couple of tracks from a rerecording of The Thing score and now I can’t redownload any of them :/

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

If you click on top songs and expand it so you can see all songs, it should be way near the bottom by a few songs off the clean version of Live Era 

Searched for it on Google and came up with this, says not available in the UK. Maybe you bought it in the past and that’s why you still have it available now? 

IMG_1254.thumb.png.7eb01600850ab0347e61479335afb946.png

Edited by D4NNY

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It would be cool as hell if The General gets the How are you grenade CD cover C as the artwork.

My guess is cover B and C are being saved for an eventual CD anniversary release.

This idea is awesome. Would have loved that as the vinyl cover

• Thanks 1