"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Mods really need to start breaking out the ban hammer

And if we were deleting posts (Let alone banning users) we'd have people screaming about censorship - it's a no-win situation as far as moderation goes. Ultimately it's not anything harmful, nor does it actually break any forum rules. And it's not like it's cluttering this thread up with how rapidly it's growing in size (I had seven new pages to catch up on when I checked back in after five hours), so... :shrugs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if anyone cares or was falling for it, independent of this forum, I've been trolling Ytube all day thinking it's going to drop because the records must have been pressed, and it hasn't been uploaded and "taken down." 

I promise, I would have seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Axl calls all the shots for GNR still, does he not? I don't get why he is green lighting Slash's replacement solos, which have been clearly inferior to the originals. You would think Axl would say something like, "you know Slash, let's go ahead and have you do your own version of the same note", which would be much better than replacing them entirely. 

Or maybe Axl feels like he can't really say shit because his voice ain't what it used to be either. How can he criticize Slash?

Or he's just not that critical in general. Dizzy always seems to fuck up the rhythm or tempo on his part of Estranged, Axl fucks up the timing when he comes back in on that one and others like Sorry. And they have made those same mistakes for years at this point. If he doesn't care to sort that stuff out, it's not hard to believe he doesn't care what Slash plays.

53 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Cancel future tours! 17 people online prefer CD shows with Assba and Bumblefoot! 😬

Won’t change the fact Slash can’t beat Robin and Bucket’s work on that material. Or maybe, he won’t. I think he’s capable, but so far I’m not impressed with his play overs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Won’t change the fact Slash can’t beat Robin and Bucket’s work on that material. Or maybe, he won’t. I think he’s capable, but so far I’m not impressed with his play overs. 

Music is subjective.

Out of tens of thousands of the people in attendance at these shows, less than 100 can name a NuGuns guitarist from 1997-2015. Maybe even less than 50.

I say this as a giant fan of CD with tons of respect for everyone who helped Axl with CD. Besides Pitman. Yuck. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Music is subjective.

Out of tens of thousands of the people in attendance at these shows, less than 100 can name a NuGuns guitarist from 1997-2015. Maybe even less than 50.

I say this as a giant fan of CD with tons of respect for everyone who helped Axl with CD. Besides Pitman. Yuck. 😂

Okay reunion- GNR is definitely way more popular, but more than 50-100 can name a NuGNR guitar player out of 30-40k. GNR still has a big hardcore fanbase

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Okay reunion- GNR is definitely way more popular, but more than 50-100 can name a NuGNR guitar player out of 30-40k. GNR still has a big hardcore fanbase

I disagree. I will poll the audience at the next show I go to confirm 😂

• Haha 2

this has maybe already been answered but who owns the publshing and all the important stuff for the Chinese Democracy sessions? is it just Axl? would anybody with a writing credit need to sign off? EDIT - found the thread

Edited by mr-fukaji

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Actually I don’t think it does anymore. Hardcore means posting on message boards, Reddit, FB. Buying everything, deep knowledge of the whole CD era. I feel like that part of the fan base has dwindled dramatically over the last 20ys primarily due to lack of new material. 

6 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Buying everything

Nah, hardcore fans should know better than to give them money for toy trucks, children's books, candles, temporary tattoos, wildly overpriced reissues, and all the other shit they put out. :lol:

But yea, the hardcore fan base has dwindled over time, and been made irrelevant by the sea of casuals filling the stadiums or simply checking out because this band isn't very interesting. On the other hand, this is a band with so few albums that they don't really have deep cuts in the way the Stones, Aerosmith, etc. have deep cuts, I heard plenty of people singing/cheering for songs like Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up at the Vancouver show. There's people who only know the hits and people who know most of their songs, there's not a lot of middle ground when you only have a few albums.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

A large amount of people probably remember Buckethead but I doubt many people would be able to name Robin, Ron, Paul or DJ.  Hell a lot of them probably couldn't name Richard and he is still in the band lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lobocop101 said:

So guys, Axl said that we might have heard parts of The General LIVE somewhere… well, that happens to be in Puerto Rico in 2010. They played 2 minutes of The General as an intro to Chinese Democracy. So I found a live YouTube video from Puerto Rico and you can hear(if all the “Woos” and screaming allows) a 2 minute instrumental. Mods please don’t ban me, this is a public video xD. Here’s the link.

"Lobocop."

Nice user name!

You should use this for your avatar!

RCO001-1493173963.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, hardcore fans should know better than to give them money for toy trucks, children's books, candles, temporary tattoos, wildly overpriced reissues, and all the other shit they put out. :lol:

But yea, the hardcore fan base has dwindled over time, and been made irrelevant by the sea of casuals filling the stadiums or simply checking out because this band isn't very interesting. On the other hand, this is a band with so few albums that they don't really have deep cuts in the way the Stones, Aerosmith, etc. have deep cuts, I heard plenty of people singing/cheering for songs like Bad Obsession and Pretty Tied Up at the Vancouver show. There's people who only know the hits and people who know most of their songs, there's not a lot of middle ground when you only have a few albums.

I guess I meant buying box sets, vinyl ect….not the garbage team Brazil puts out like toy trucks ect…

Simply more people know who Slash is. More people prefer the albums released with Slash. More people attend the shows to see Slash with Axl than any newgnr guitarist when they were around. 

Majority want to hear slash and his style on newly released singles not some forgotten newgnr guitarists.

Axl if he had some intergrity would be recording all new tracks with the band.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Rock in Río 2011 featured like a 3 min intro 

jeez it seems like yesterday I was waiting for gnr’s concert watching it on my computer then the whole gig was a mess

but yes, the whole intro was played that day 

The show from Hungary 2006 had a 4 minute alt intro of "The General". It's on YT.

12 minutes ago, vloors said:

Simply more people know who Slash is. More people prefer the albums released with Slash. More people attend the shows to see Slash with Axl than any newgnr guitarist when they were around. 

Majority want to hear slash and his style on newly released singles not some forgotten newgnr guitarists.

Axl if he had some intergrity would be recording all new tracks with the band.

Also early Robin and Bucket were an absolute freak show in person. Great guitarists but weird as fuck to look at. 

• Like 3