"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, BucketEgg said:

They post in the Indiana and Lafayette subreddits. it's currently 1:32 pm there

Strange he posted it over an hour ago and no one else has got a shipping notification, would bet it to be fake

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

Do you think Axl cares all that much about money and publicity at this point?

If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, an initial physical only release likely works for Axl’s desire to do something different; the mystique of it all and a throwback to how music use to be distributed. 

I think concerns over marketing, exposure, and generating income from a 20+ year old song are misplaced.  

You’re right. Axl doesn’t care and hasn’t for a while. But I want the band I’m a fan of to do things optimally and be as successful as they can possibly be. These weird obscure releases only makes “new” music less and less likely. With Perhaps they were rewarded with praise and good enough metrics for a band their size. No one will even know this song exists.

• Like 2

It wouldn't be surprising if people start receiving shipping information today and the record has next day delivery. Fairly common amongst records and video games to arrive on the day of release, even if it says that it's the shipping day. Also, we're basically at the point where if someone says they have tracking info, there really isn't much you can do to refute it. Those in America and the UK should either have the album tomorrow or have their tracking info. at the least. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

They post in the Indiana and Lafayette subreddits. it's currently 1:32 pm there, 26 October. Trolling, or they're lucky to have their copy shipped out  early?

It’s technically not early as GNR’s own merch store still says it’s supposed to ship today, but the fact they post exactly where Axl is from makes me think they may just be a stalker/troll. I imagine others will be getter their tracking soon if it’s legit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Litti said:

I have, scroll pages back

You did take all of those pictures at the same time given the light is consistent between all 3 pics. But this song is not supposed to release on CD, yet, or as a standalone. Doesn't look like it's a promo cd either, they don't look like this. This object makes no sense. And the case looks old.

Still, let's test you: describe the music of The General and some of the lyrics. What's the length of the song?

Just remembered: GnR released Oh My God, their first single in 5 years at the time, as a track in the official motion picture soundtrack for the critically-panned and commercially unsuccesful movie, End of Days. And it still is not officially available in any other format, including streaming :shrugs:

ab67616d0000b2738000b4a89e2e1834a0b5ffa9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

It’s technically not early as GNR’s own merch store still says it’s supposed to ship today, but the fact they post exactly where Axl is from makes me think they may just be a stalker/troll. I imagine others will be getter their tracking soon if it’s legit.

Based on what people from Indiana/Lafayette on the internet say about Axl, (it appears many don't like him e.g. Mod had to clean the group up from Axl hate https://www.facebook.com/groups/212841998764020/posts/543019242412959/ ), I wouldn't be surprised if someone from Axl's area wants to troll his fanbase.

But who knows, maybe that person is just a very very lucky fan and it's a very strange coincidence.

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1

1 minute ago, Cosmo said:

Just remembered: GnR released Oh My God, their first single in 5 years at the time, as a track in the official motion picture soundtrack for the critically-panned and commercially unsuccesful movie, End of Days. And it still is not officially available in any other format, including streaming :shrugs:

ab67616d0000b2738000b4a89e2e1834a0b5ffa9.jpeg

OMG is streamable in the US but not internationally.

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

that's all you need to say

Thanks for completely misrepresenting everything else I said in that post. 

4 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Good point. I bought the vinyl. I just want to be able to stream it from Spotify on my commutes!

I still think never releasing to streaming services is silly. I can see waiting until sales drop off tho. 

As I said above there is a way to add local files to your streaming library from a computer. I use Apple Music personally and it’s quite easy to do - I know you can with Spotify also but I don’t know the exact process. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

I'd bet there's not a lot of Paramore fans around here but here's an example of one of their tracks only being released on a 7" and never anywhere else, so it does happen. 

It makes more sense for that to happen to a cover song than an original. Especially one that has been seemingly praised/hyped.

Is Sebastian Bach the only one who praised it? He’s also currently on The Masked Singer tv show dressed as a large Tiki if you’re wondering about his judgement…

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hirtlocker423 said:

I'd bet there's not a lot of Paramore fans around here but here's an example of one of their tracks only being released on a 7" and never anywhere else, so it does happen. 

Loved their latest album!

Just now, gavgnr said:

Got a screenshot?

He’s been trolling for the past few days :lol:

39 minutes ago, Litti said:

IMG20231026731.jpg

Here's the front ya'll been craving for once more. Don't think i posted this one yet

Time to knock it on the head now pal.

I don't think there's anyone on this forum daft enough to believe this shite is real, so maybe take it to Facebook or something and give them a try? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, downzy said:

If I had to guess, and it’s just a guess, an initial physical only release likely works for Axl’s desire to do something different; the mystique of it all and a throwback to how music use to be distributed. 

I think concerns over marketing, exposure, and generating income from a 20+ year old song are misplaced.  

Maybe not...but I think there's one or two or fifteen Bra$ilians that might....

43 minutes ago, downzy said:

I'd be inclined to agree if this was many other bands, who have a less guarded approach to their music, but the fact everything music related is so so torturous a process to release makes it seem very at odds that he wouldn't care about these things for one song. 

Also- he has a long history of being angry about things not being promoted and supported properly that would totally at odds with any 'not really caring' attitude now. 

If he didn't care about money and publicity I'm sure we wouldn't have seen the fuss over the leaks happening and those songs just being released. 

I do lean towards this being just another chapter in the bizarre, counter productive and missed opportunities manner that GNR have operated since then 90s basically. 

• Like 2