"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

This band appears to dislike their hardcore fan base, which is rather unfortunate, considering our unwavering loyalty throughout, including our support for a guy playing a foot guitar among other things. Well... Fuck you too. Releasing music isn't quantum physics.

You think the band decided to delay the physical release of Perhaps because they hate their fanbase? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Let’s face it, the reason for the delay is likely that Axl isn’t happy with the mix. The finished version of Chinese Democracy had to be pried from his hands after years of tinkering. 

Or Axl heard Slash take for the song and asked Slash to repeat note for note Finck solo

And asked Paul Huge to double it

The official GN'R website still says the 27th. The general may indeed still be released tomorrow. Vinyl is a novelty some love cause its nostalgic. so their camp knows they are gonna sell some Vinyl anyway and a lot of people most likely are gonna keep their pre-orders because im sure a fair demo of those people falls into the nostalgic GNR fan or a fan of old school ways of playing music category. some people swear by the sound of vinyl. it literally doesn't really hurt them all that much to keep the 27th date for a digital release.

2 minutes ago, bangit said:

Not ready? Legal issues perhaps? The song itself cannot still need a 'tweak' surely? 

Dismayed, disappointed, but somehow not surprised, typical GNR this. 😭

They're re-printing all the artwork. Axl threw a fit when he saw the song was mistakenly titled The General, instead of the correct title THE GENEЯAL N' MONSTEЯS. As artwork is an essential part of the musical experience, and his artistic integrity is of the highest standard, all previous pressings are currently in his driveway, shattered to pieces.

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1
  • PERHAPS 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

At this stage I can"t see any point in not cancelling it. If it does actually arrive at some point, can always re-order. 

Word. I just personally can’t get in the mindset of giving them my money after this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hopefully this day becomes just a goofy footnote we look back on and we get the track, soon. As of now, it is still technically slated for release. :shrugs:

Keeping my order, its 15- fucking dollars lol

Same. You are right, perspective required. 

I also think this makes a digital release less likely in the immediate future. Very few people would purchase the perhaps vinyl if the General was freely available on streaming platforms. If it's not out by December it will probably be scraped. Momentum of Perhaps single release has gone. No tour etc. 

Look, I understand this band's history and why it has consistently set us up for disappointment and resentment, but come on. I imagine, more than likely, this is the result of vinyl issues. I have seen releases from other bands be pushed MUCH further down the line. I recently ordered some Weezer vinyl that was delayed close to a year due to manufacturing issues. 

I always felt the October release date for the vinyl seemed a little optimistic, but maybe they had clear word that deadline would definitely be met. Things happen. Enjoy some other music. Take a break from Guns N Roses for a while. We'll more than likely get this sooner than later. If we're still talking about this in March or April of next year with no updates, then go ahead and get pissed off. 

I do not mean to sound like a band/Axl sycophant. Any perusal of my posts will show I try to call it like it is, but it just seems people are getting riled up needlessly. Remember, just a few months ago, when "Perhaps" did not drop on the anticipated date, and we heard all this same hyperbole. Again, I admit this feels a little different since we actually had a shipping date in hand (I do not think we'd ever head an official release of "Perhaps" until it dropped), but if we want to judge this band on the same metric we judge other bands, this is happening across the board. 

By early next year, we'll all have likely heard "The General", made our initial comments, and promptly moved back to complaining about wanting more music. 

• GNFNR 1