"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

13 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

CELLPHONE clip what song is that? Cause the lyrics are different!!

Who would do this to you!!!!

5 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

i was thinking the same exact thing

These were not the lyrics on the phone clip (they were completely inaudible).

They were the lyrics as @evader"heard" them in his interpretation of the phone clip.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

These were not the lyrics on the phone clip (they were completely inaudible).

They were the lyrics as @evader"heard" them in his interpretation of the phone clip.

And having listened to @evader's version. Hey, pretty good effort (of Monsters lol).

The melody was spot on, and the lyrical content was on point, even if it turned out to be oohs in the end.

7 minutes ago, 22frets said:

Am I the only one who noticed that the outro solo on Monsters seems to have two parts - the first half played by Slash and the second half played by Fortus? 

No, you are 100% spot on, the guitar tone changes, and Fortus's trademark style creeps in (more gliassando, 1/4 bends and angularlyness).

Edited by Giblet
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 22frets said:

Am I the only one who noticed that the outro solo on Monsters seems to have two parts - the first half played by Slash and the second half played by Fortus? 

No, you are 100% spot on, the guitar tone changes, and Fortus's trademark style creeps in (more glissando, 1/4 bends and angularlyness).

• Like 1

Man... The General really grows on me. My only wish is the final release let the orchestra shines more. Honestly, this song would be so much better stripped back with mostly just the orchestra.

Monster. It is a big gun for me. My guess is Axl saved this (and Perhaps, and Atlas, and Hard School, and Quick Song) to anchor his planned CD 2. And frontload CD with what has leaked first.

Also, I'm really conflicted whether this is really Slash/Duff. Monstrosity outro channels Slash, yes. But i can totally imagine Finck doing this based on his work on TIL or The Blues. Only reason is I'm feeling that surely, surely, Axl came up with a better way to stitch these two songs together. Playing the two back to back give me a coherent vibe and I can see why he would want to pair these two. But it feels more like that initial spark version of the idea rather than the fleshed out one.

Beside, weren't The General and Monstrosity (which Im assuming is the Monsters) confirmed as two songs in Dexter chat (Maybe Mandela effect on my part)? Can it not be that 1) The 2 used to be two songs, rough mixes of both are what leaked and 2) The official version will be a reworked version joining the two, which happened post Dexter chat.

36 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

CELLPHONE clip what song is that? Cause the lyrics are different!!

Who would do this to you!!!!

It is 100% Monsters, I can hear the lyrics now that I’ve listened to this leak, guitar is the pretty much the same as well.

1 minute ago, Amir said:

It is 100% Monsters, I can hear the lyrics now that I’ve listened to this leak, guitar is the pretty much the same as well.

Lyrics are different cause he sings...... Who would do this to you. Who would do this to you... to you. On the cellphone clip 

Just now, gibbinson said:

Lyrics are different cause he sings...... Who would do this to you. Who would do this to you... to you. On the cellphone clip 

I have the cellphone clip but without the vocals because they wanted to remove the people talking so I just have the instrumental. Do you have the full thing? 

i like both songs but man... Devious bastards... state of grace.. atlas shrugged. D-tune. Me and My elvis. dub suplex... oklahoma... so REALLY good tunes there that arguably would have been better to release. 

Edited by Miden34

Just now, kitstuai said:

I have the cellphone clip but without the vocals because they wanted to remove the people talking so I just have the instrumental. Do you have the full thing? 

I admit the instrumental does sound similar. Yes. I do

Go on skylar discord page under links all on there 

Regarding the "are they 1 or 2 songs" thing, I think they are either two songs Axl wanted to tie together or had the idea of like a mini-suite song with two distinct sections

The fact that both use the orchestral parts to me means it is an intentional link and not an afterthought

Edited by WhazUp

8 minutes ago, Agattuso said:

Man... The General really grows on me. My only wish is the final release let the orchestra shines more. Honestly, this song would be so much better stripped back with mostly just the orchestra.

Monster. It is a big gun for me. My guess is Axl saved this (and Perhaps, and Atlas, and Hard School, and Quick Song) to anchor his planned CD 2. And frontload CD with what has leaked first.

Also, I'm really conflicted whether this is really Slash/Duff. Monstrosity outro channels Slash, yes. But i can totally imagine Finck doing this based on his work on TIL or The Blues. Only reason is I'm feeling that surely, surely, Axl came up with a better way to stitch these two songs together. Playing the two back to back give me a coherent vibe and I can see why he would want to pair these two. But it feels more like that initial spark version of the idea rather than the fleshed out one.

Beside, weren't The General and Monstrosity (which Im assuming is the Monsters) confirmed as two songs in Dexter chat (Maybe Mandela effect on my part)? Can it not be that 1) The 2 used to be two songs, rough mixes of both are what leaked and 2) The official version will be a reworked version joining the two, which happened post Dexter chat.

Axl never mentioned Mostrocity. This song title came from MSL's care bear/blackmail video. It's also in a screenshot of an alleged CD2 track list dating from January 2008.

I think Monsters is most likely Soul Monster (which means that Me and My Elvis is another song).

• Like 2