11/02/23 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Bowl NIGHT 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Shorter show but I guess it’s okay. Axl needs some rest, this has been a long tour and back to back nights are probably tough

I feel like you might be in for a long encore. No Reckless Life, Hard Skool, You Could Be Mine, Locomotive, Street Of Dreams, Down On The Farm or Anything Goes tonight so far. You must be getting SOME of those in the encore

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

It's 5AM, I'm desperate to go to bed, but knowing my luck, if I call it quits they'll play Monsters, introduce Seven to the world, then bring out Tommy to do Going Down while Buckethead does a nunchuck solo.

I'm not taking the risk 😂

I remember staying up to 5am when Perhaps was the major debut we wanted for shows, midnight for me now anyways but l know how you feel haha.

3 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

It's 5AM, I'm desperate to go to bed, but knowing my luck, if I call it quits they'll play Monsters, introduce Seven to the world, then bring out Tommy to do Going Down while Buckethead does a nunchuck solo.

I'm not taking the risk 😂

Please go to bed :lol:

• Haha 1

NGL The General saved this show for me

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I feel like you might be in for a long encore. No Reckless Life, Hard Skool, You Could Be Mine, Locomotive, Street Of Dreams, Down On The Farm or Anything Goes tonight so far. You must be getting SOME of those in the encore

Hey dude good to hear from you!

they’re on PC now :( short encore

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

NGL The General saved this show for me

Hey dude good to hear from you!

they’re on PC now :( short encore

Wow! I'm truly shocked. Was so glad to see you were at this show too! I was there last night so I'm bummed to miss The General but also that looks like the only thing of note here. He must have been really crushed after last night. I was thrilled to get Locomotive, but also Axl sounded rough almost the whole show. Its not totally surprised he's destroyed tonight. Cool that he gave the moment of the General to make up for an almost 45 minute shorter show.

Still hope you had a great time! You got an all time moment for sure!

Hats off to Axl for singing The General, especially on the second of two gigs in two days. I think it works better live without all the vocal effects and the more powerful guitar.

I honestly wouldn't mind shorter setlists like this in future, I was good with it at London in 2022, and they're still longer than most UYI shows or the 2001-2 ChiDem concerts. I can't see them doing two consecutive nights in future, it's obviously really taxing on Axl these days.

1 minute ago, Amir said:

Hats off to Axl for singing The General, especially on the second of two gigs in two days. I think it works better live without all the vocal effects and the more powerful guitar.

I honestly wouldn't mind shorter setlists like this in future, I was good with it at London in 2022, and they're still longer than most UYI shows or the 2001-2 ChiDem concerts. I can't see them doing two consecutive nights in future, it's obviously really taxing on Axl these days.

A shorter set will probably be necessary at some point, but I just hope it doesn't end up as this every night:

1. Its So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Live And Let Die
6. Estranged
7. Double Talkin' Jive
8. Rocket Queen
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Civil War
11. Sweet Child O Mine
12. November Rain
13. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
14. Nightrain

ENCORE:
15. Patience/Don't Cry
16. Paradise City

Casuals will love it, but thats the 2 hour show there. We get almost an hour and a half of extras these days, which really help to go repeat times. And its hard for me to picture shows where they don't feel obligated to play ALL of them (even though I think you could certainly rotate those all in but not play them every night).