THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So I guess Monsters really is Leave Me Alone/ Elvis Presley & the Monster of Soul/ Soul Monster after all (and possibly also Monstrosity), which means Me & My Elvis from the locker leaks must’ve been a different song that never got vocals added to it (sadly).

No, Soul Monster, The General, and Monstrocity are all listed as separate songs on the CD2 song list. 

1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

Just finished work and listening on my phone speaker as my earphones are shot. I just will never understand why with that incredible voice(s) he feels the need for the multi layers, effects and burying it to where you can't make out lyrics. The This I Love remix, gimme that voice up front, man. 

Would love to hear the vocal isolated. 

So agree. The terrible mix on the vocals along with the layering and tacky effects really kill it for me

• Like 3

The general leak is Perfect for me to shock my friends and wife unknowingly when I put it on tomorrow during a lil halloweeeens partyyyy hehe

just listened about 5-6 times to each. Like seems other monster stands out upfront but general is more epic every listen. From someone who never heard the general until now the start of the song just was a wtf is this moment. I’m sure for others who hadn’t heard prior leaks the same (especially the non Chinese lovers!)

Just now, luciusfunk said:

Is it one song or two separate songs? What is the track length? I found something that's 7:25, but I'm also seeing people mention nine minutes.

7:25 is Evader's mix (fan made). 9 minutes are The General followed by Monsters. The real track "The General And Monsters" we don't know the length yet

3 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

I can't poste link there. But type "Sacem répertoire des oeuvres" on google. Then on the left field "Titre" put The General and Monsters. On the right field "Nom" type Saul Hudson. Press "rechercher". 

Duff not listed. Interesting

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, luciusfunk said:

Is it one song or two separate songs? What is the track length? I found something that's 7:25, but I'm also seeing people mention nine minutes.

The best answer for you is it's one song and two songs at the same time. Kind of like Schrodinger's cat.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's the same as SESAC, only missing Duff (It's apparently not yet  been updated regarding his credit as it has a placeholder writer).

Edited by Blackstar

There "I was there for you / it's all I could do" chorus on Monsters is really catchy, I love the chordal changes too, the whole song I hear as in the key of D but the chorus flirts with the more D major chords and the sinister verses your D minor dark and haunting riffs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitstuai said:

Yes, weird. He's on the SESAC rights 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's the same as SESAC, only missing Duff (It's apparently not yet  been updated regarding his credit as it has a placeholder writer).

I guess that explains it

• Like 1