THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

image.png.5a318ec464df3a06e133c62a100e59

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

LOL

Yeah, there's no defense for Caram on this one. 

Holy fuck.

8 hours ago, kitstuai said:

This guy claims that the vinyl picture from GnR France is fake and that someone had it pressed by a Czech manufacturer. I mean, who prints just one unit.. You can't do that lol.

Why do people watch these garbage channels?

It's like paying someone (ad revenue) to feed you horse shit.

Hopefully you guys are at least using an ad blocker.

Just now, GNRmello77 said:

The General is finally out in Europe now!! It does sound pretty much the same as the leak, tho i think the guitars are louder in the mix 

Which one then? It can't be both haha

I've heard had it since it was released in NZ via a vpn, like a lot have...seems like of u like it, it's different to the leak...if you think it's crap, the leak was final 

I like it, there's an improvement from my point of view from the leak 

Just now, DSTK said:

Which one then? It can't be both haha

I've heard had it since it was released in NZ via a vpn, like a lot have...seems like of u like it, it's different to the leak...if you think it's crap, the leak was final 

I like it, there's an improvement from my point of view from the leak 

Haha sorry for the confusion, i think the official release has the guitar parts a slight louder in the mix, but yeah I like it too! 

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

It's clear the record label are pushing this as they own the material recorded over 20 years ago, hence why it's older music featuring some members of the band at that particular point in time. 

The band are simply meeting an obligation. 

Do you have any actual information on all that or is it just a guess that you present as fact?

Because, again, in the credits and the copyright office GN'R appears to own the "new" songs.

I've had the 'high quality' FLAC version of The General downloaded for several hours and still haven't bothered to listen to it yet - the song is just painfully mediocre. Very repetitive, bad production, vocals soaked in effects, it ticks all the boxes for a 'NITL single' but that's not a good thing.

But then there's Monsters, a fucking great song that even poor production doesn't ruin, and they're just sitting on it. This fucking band... :facepalm:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've had the 'high quality' FLAC version of The General downloaded for several hours and still haven't bothered to listen to it yet - the song is just painfully mediocre. Very repetitive, bad production, vocals soaked in effects, it ticks all the boxes for a 'NITL single' but that's not a good thing.

But then there's Monsters, a fucking great song that even poor production doesn't ruin, and they're just sitting on it. This fucking band... :facepalm:

Sitting on it or released...its irrelevant as its out n we've all heard what seems to be a finished track