Slash leaving Marshall for Magnatone?

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

At least the US tour he used them, Meegan had posted pics in her story at one point and you could see them in the rack.

No he was using Jubilees on the last 2 SMKC tours.

Oh, I didn't pay attention tbh... but he should watch the show regardless. It's awesome 👌 

Exclusivity comes at a price. Slash now gets to shop around. Marshall has also recently changed ownership and maybe they simply weren’t willing to cater to what he wants from that relationship any longer. Maybe Magnatone just came to the table ready to collaborate 

He doesn’t even play strictly Gibson. The BC Rich, Guild double necks, Travis Bean etc… have been stage used for years. It would be wild to see him take out a tele though 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Exclusivity comes at a price. Slash now gets to shop around. Marshall has also recently changed ownership and maybe they simply weren’t willing to cater to what he wants from that relationship any longer. Maybe Magnatone just came to the table ready to collaborate 

He doesn’t even play strictly Gibson. The BC Rich, Guild double necks, Travis Bean etc… have been stage used for years. It would be wild to see him take out a tele though 

He's still with Marshall too

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

He's still with Marshall too

He’s just not an exclusive artist with them. It looks like Magnatone came to the table with something that Marshall couldn’t/wouldn’t  provide. The ownership change might also a mean a change of direction with how they look at those deals as well. Marshall’s focus seems to be on integrating the brand with their parent company and producing import models. That’s where Slash probably fits in. Not so much with a high priced amp that he’d use on stage 

Edited by guitarpatch

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

He’s just not an exclusive artist with them. It looks like Magnatone came to the table with something that Marshall couldn’t/wouldn’t  provide. The ownership change might also a mean a change of direction with how they look at those deals as well. Marshall’s focus seems to be on integrating the brand with their parent company and producing import models. That’s where Slash probably fits in. Not so much with a high priced amp that he’d use on stage 

He's never been exclusive to just Marshall. He simply tried a Magnatone once and liked it, then talked to them when Fortus introduced them. Simple as that. Has nothing to do with new ownership. And they'll do anything for him that he asks for, they're not going to say no to Slash.

But Marshall's new management does seem to be more interested in expand the brand to non-guitar speakers, new business models and all that marketing bullshit about new revenue streams. They could use Slash for all this, of course, but maybe he's not needed? Not sure. They could relaunch some of his signature models, maybe go with a Marshall-in-a-box pedal or try to venture in the IRs stuff like Fender did. 

I'm curious about this new Magnatone signature model, though. Would this be just like his Marshall amps? I mean, if it's the same (or too close), what's the point?

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

But Marshall's new management does seem to be more interested in expand the brand to non-guitar speakers, new business models and all that marketing bullshit about new revenue streams. They could use Slash for all this, of course, but maybe he's not needed? Not sure. They could relaunch some of his signature models, maybe go with a Marshall-in-a-box pedal or try to venture in the IRs stuff like Fender did. 

I'm curious about this new Magnatone signature model, though. Would this be just like his Marshall amps? I mean, if it's the same (or too close), what's the point?

It'll probably sound pretty close to his usual amps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

maybe while trying it, Slash liked the differences compared to the classic Marshall sound but that also it has enough of a similar sound? you know how it is, sometimes for some players, even if they get a perfect tone, they get bored or they just want to try something new and they end up liking it. Slash strikes me as someone who is more into guitars and amps and less into pedals except his cry baby wah. He did use pedals which were new to his sound in the VR days.

Edited by Rovim

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

maybe while trying it, Slash liked the differences compared to the classic Marshall sound but that also it has enough of a similar sound? you know how it is, sometimes for some players, even if they get a perfect tone, they get bored or they just want to try something new and they end up liking it. Slash strikes me as someone who is more into guitars and amps and less into pedals except his cry baby wah. He did use pedals which were new to his sound in the VR days.

This is fine. I just wonder how Magnatone would sell it. I mean, if it's just a Marshall clone indeed. 

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Which amp? And it's already been mentioned that he's not leaving Marshall.

I know, bad writing by me. I meant that he was looking for another partnership to have a signature amp out there.

Are any of his signature amps still being sold? I mean, brand new ones. The last one wasn't the AFD100?

Edited by Voodoochild

18 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I know, bad writing by me. I meant that he was looking for another partnership to have a signature amp out there.

Are any of his signature amps still being sold? I mean, brand new ones. The last one wasn't the AFD100?

Last one was AFD100, that was intended to be a limited run though. I don't think he was wanting to make another signature amp just to have one out there though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...