Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

5 minutes ago, Silence said:

Fernando has done some great things, 

Like what? He has done nothing and is a child of circumstance. The band would be just as well- off, if not moreso without him

I guess he gave me a pit upgrade once, but I had a good seat anyways :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Like what? He has done nothing and is a child of circumstance. The band would be just as well- off, if not moreso without him

I guess he gave me a pit upgrade once, but I had a good seat anyways :lol:

The lithos man. You started that thread. Thats enough for me. Im certain there are other things, too.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well she's owed money for her services. There's no cash grab. Just a "I tried the quiet route, and was rebuffed for several years now I have no choice but to air this dirty laundry". Had he been a smart man, he would have paid her off years ago and hoped she didn't ever talk of his over misconduct. Not paying her is bad, not paying her AND sexually harrassing is a whole other level. Time will tell whether gnr handle this properly or not, but new management would be the best course of action. What else are they not doing professionally?

And justice in this instance would be financial compensation. She's hardly going to settle for Fernando saying "sorry" with his smarmy attitude. Hit them where it hurts is either jail time (which he won't get) or his wallet, which he almost certainly will have to open.

He probably isn’t compensated that well. He enjoys the lifestyle and all that it affords. But, I seriously doubt he is a millionaire in the way he can off a woman. 

49 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The lithos are probably from another company that does them. They’re the exact same format that many bands use. He didn’t come up with the idea

No shit. If you wanna be an obvious dick be my guest. He is the reason GNR does them and he did for the fans. I dont know why expressing some gratitude for that is something you need to shit on. 

Edited by Silence
  • ABSUЯD 3

15 minutes ago, Silence said:

No shit. If you wanna be an obvious dick be my guest. He is the reason GNR does them and he did for the fans. I dont know why expressing some gratitude for that is something you need to shit on. 

If he did them for the fans they would be free with a ticket sale.

Reality is its another high priced item they sell for profits.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What makes you think Fernando was the reason they started doing lithos?

If I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t say it. But, regardless, I still have found Fernando to be more or less a decent and fun guy. Ive seen countless examples of his humanity thru the years with fans. Despite the fact I believe Kat, I prefer Nando to Niven all fucking day long. 

2 hours ago, axl666 said:

Is it GNR the business that is being sued for the harassment allegations, or the alleged individual manager?

Only Fernando for the act of sexual harassment. GN'R and the touring entity for not having protocols and not taking preventive measures against sexual harassment at the workplace.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silence said:

He claimed it and someone who is in the know confirmed. Those are my reasons .

13 minutes ago, Silence said:

If I didn’t believe it, I wouldn’t say it. But, regardless, I still have found Fernando to be more or less a decent and fun guy. Ive seen countless examples of his humanity thru the years with fans. Despite the fact I believe Kat, I prefer Nando to Niven all fucking day long. 

I have no doubt he claimed it, but that's not a good reason to believe it. Who confirmed it? Fernando certainly isn't above exaggerating his importance, and bullshitting fans on discord, reddit, etc. and if he is responsible for the lithos, he's not above using fan-made artwork.

When TB took over in 2011 I thought they might finally manage to get some cool things done - they live streamed a few concerts, started a fan club, re-did the website... but it quickly became clear they're unprofessional and incompetent. They've earned their reputation on here, from insulting and arguing with fans online to botching live releases... Fernando might be a fun guy, the recent accusations would suggest he's not a decent guy, but at this point I don't know why anyone would prefer him to any other manager.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

"Body language" is a pseudoscience. She could have gone limp from having a sore back for all you know. For it to be a language there would have to be an agreed upon universal code. There is not. People do things for different reasons and you can't read their mind, sorry. Should be called "body assumptions".

What you're really telling us is that you're easily fooled by somebody who can lie confidently while looking you dead in the eyes. Which is most liars, in my experience. Bad people spend their whole lives perfecting their performance of a clean outward image.

Yeah, you were not even there but you know better than me what happened LOL