Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

It's interesting that there's nothing in her lawsuit about the 2010-2014 period (except for a mention of the contracts she had signed then) and all the bad stuff started happening after 2016 when Fernando became sole "general manager". It could be because the statute of limitations for that period has expired, however any potential wrongdoings from then would have been used as supportive arguments.

She probably realized that reunion GN'R was a different beast and would give more exposure to her work and she also started working with other artists, so she naturally thought that she should pursue an amendment of her working relationship with GN'R, including higher fees and ownership of copyright.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martyngnr said:

She is not. 
Try telling that to the complete losers who get to the front row only to spend their time desperately looking for attention from Meegan and Susan. 

Absolutely pathetic. 

just like my girl-friends who follow andrei gillot on instagram and spread hearts to every single stupid post he makes, in search of his attention.. :facepalm:

• Wow 1

After the successful tour and new releases now the band has to deal with this?

Working for one of the biggest rock bands of all time with busloads of groupies all night and of all people he picks on an employee/contractor that doesn't want him?

What a fucking idiot.

Cut the touring money after taxes in half once this lawsuit is over.

This actually hurts Axl, Slash and Duff financially. And it puts the entire band and image in a very bad light.

Copyright infringement is bad enough, but sexual harassment man? Really? Fuck you!

Yeah I get it Kat is pretty - but no means no. A real man wouldn't even bother a second attempt and move on to a woman that actually wants him. A professional wouldn't even consider a first one. What a fucking shit show.

Sorry for Kat and sorry for the band. Hope it will be sorted out and end well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Why attack someone because he only has 5 posts and he says something you don't agree with? Bit silly. He's just giving his opinion, no need to be a bully about that. If you don't believe he's a lawyer, okay, no one cares. If you believe he's Fernando's lawyer? Fine too.

You are right, I just wanted to say “Me Lefit Business Insider Lawyer Man” or whatever 

Things like this can sometimes snowball in the sense that one person coming forward can encourage or empower others to do the same, & if they feel they have been wronged by Fernando or TB maybe someone will.

I'm not suggesting there's more sexual advances stuff (how do i know?) but there have been rumours in the past of people and other companies finding them hard to deal with for example. If they settle out of court on this does that make these other people/companies see blood in the water & take a chance too?

I know Rockfuel for example had a hard time dealing with these people & whilst that was years and years ago i have to wonder that if they are really this unprofessional an outfit are there more recent examples we don't know about?

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, there was an attempt by her lawyer to file a lawsuit back in late March (it is mentioned in GN'R's lawsuit, too).

But it seems that either her lawyer failed to submit the main lawsuit document in time or she changed her mind, so it's unknown if the sexual harassment accusations would have been in there:

20231859.jpg

So it's definite that she initiated all this, which puts a different slant on things. 

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

She probably realized that reunion GN'R was a different beast and would give more exposure to her work and she also started working with other artists, so she naturally thought that she should pursue an amendment of her working relationship with GN'R, including higher fees and ownership of copyright.

Photographer has at least to be credited when using/publishing his work anywhere, regardless whatever payment was agreed on or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

Photographer has at least to be credited when using/publishing his work anywhere, regardless whatever payment was agreed on or not.

Yes, I meant full ownership of copyright (because I guess there can be joint ownership, where the photographer is credited but doesn't own the full rights).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So it's definite that she initiated all this, which puts a different slant on things. 

It was actually initiated when she registered some of her photos with the US Copyright Office in November 2022 and January 2023. With that it was certain that litigation would follow since GN'R claimed ownership of all her photos.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

If there hasn't been any physical attacks, then it is mostly contractual/employment law. She's suing for professional integrity, loss of income and credit for her work - all of which were made difficult due to Fernando's alleged behaviour. It's a civil case at this stage. The fact is in't criminal is completely irrelevant. 

No, it's a cultural thing now...go after cash not justice 

Nobody has been proved to have done anything yet, its just the typical money makes it OK route that makes it look like a cash grab 

7 minutes ago, Leandro Jose said:

Nobody except people on this forum, the so called die hard fans care. This will be settled in court, GNR will continue. Fernando will continue. Chill down people. 

Might not hurt any sales, but as a fan I'm not really feeling some Karen spitting in my face for attending a Guns N' Roses concert.

I went to see Rammstein this summer. I was spit at, yelled at and called funny things by female protesters in front of the venue. Pissed me off. I didn't do anything to anyone. I just wanted to enjoy the concert.

GNR can be late and do all the drugs they want I don't care. But sexual harassment is not cool, not in these times and it never was any other time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Nobody has been proved to have done anything yet, its just the typical money makes it OK route that makes it look like a cash grab 

What's justice to you? Why wouldn't someone demand money as reparations for wrongdoings from someone else? Or do you just want to paint her as a moneygrabber?

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, meadsoap said:

I'm still not getting what you're trying to say. "The industry has heard"... So what? What do you think will change? Louis CK is still booking arena tours, Rammstein came out completely unscathed, Motley Crue is selling out stadiums despite a whole primetime television show about their drummer beating his wife. In fact, "Pam and Tommy" may have made Motley Crue more popular.

Nobody ever gets "cancelled", and the only way "the industry" pushes anyone out is if they stop making people money. 

Well the difference there was that those cases involved the band members. When it's a manager, or hanger on then they don't enjoy the same fan support to keep them in that position.

Look he's not the CEO of Apple, this isn't page 1 of any newspaper. But Fernando having to pay off an ex photographer looks bad. It also makes other photographers weary of working with them, and that's removing all the sexual misconduct.

You don't think it makes a difference. it won't effect gnr's ability to tour, but it should impact Fernando's ability to hold the top management position in the band if he's wielding his power against lower powered employees.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Well, no, of course - that's why it's going to court and a case has been raised. She's out of pocket, been refused credit for her own work and has had payments withheld. That isn't criminal. That's contractual. It isn't a cash grab. It's how business works when someone doesn't hold up their end of an agreement. 

If you're discriminated against work, and lose your job - you don't go to the police, do you? I can't believe this needs to be explained in this case.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DSTK said:

USA legal system. A whole American culture based on money to repair a damage. In Europe and other countries, women usually want the person to rot in jail. See cases such as player Daniel Alves in Spain. He's in jail waiting for trial. Honor is priceless.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leandro Jose said:

USA legal system. A whole American culture based on money to repair a damage. In Europe and other countries, women usually want the person to rot in jail. See cases such as player Daniel Alves in Spain. He's in jail waiting for trial. Honor is priceless.

SHE LOST MONEY AND CREDIT FOR WORK FFS.

• Like 1