Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

1 minute ago, Lethalis said:

As someone how grew up with a father who had his own business... family does need contracts and very clear rules about what is business and what is family.

I have worked for my father 5 years and it destroyed our relationship. I'm not a workaholic like he was and we had way too many discussions about that until I just quit and told him to f*** off.

I had my own career after that, nice 9 to 5 jobs instead of 24/7 work all the time.

Yeah very true.....and I'm guessing you weren't running a major international touring operation either?! 

I know I absolutely couldn't work with any members of my family! Not that they'd be remotely interested in working with me either! 

32 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

You'd hope that this incident will be a significant wake-up call for the band and the way they operate, as goodness knows how many other things could flood through in the wake of this. 

sadly my friend, we know this won't be the case. Absolute disaster how this band has been run. probably since about 1992. 

• Like 1

Just now, Italian girl said:

is it true that slash meegan and others unfollowed kat on social?

They likely need to for legal reasons - especially if GNR has counter-sued. It's fairly standard practice to cease all comms etc

There are two sides to every story, but the statements in the case do sound highly plausible. I'm sure the truth will be somewhere in the middle.

Not sure if it's clear from the case statements, but did they have some form of physical relationship, or was it just one sided advances that were perpetually rejected? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Some of those headlines aren't looking great either.....

"Guns 'N' Roses sued for copyright infringement and sexual harassment" 

"Guns N' Roses Sued for Copyright Infringement; Band Brands Accusations False"

A causal scan reader is going to see this and draw a lot of conclusions about the behaviour of the band in general. 

True, but that's how it always is. If I see any headlines like that, I try to read up more, because you know it's often not what it seems. But I'm sure most people don't bother and think: General asshole and misogynist Axl is at it again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

True, but that's how it always is. If I see any headlines like that, I try to read up more, because you know it's often not what it seems. But I'm sure most people don't bother and think: General asshole and misogynist Axl is at it again.

I'm the same as you, but yep, loads of people don't bother and social media takes hold, which removes all the details in favour of sensationalist screeching and hysteria. 

However people are wanting to cut this, it's really not good. 

I understand why Duff and Slash aren't going to/can't comment, but they must know it's going to come up very quickly as soon as they do an interview....especially with Duff. 

Edited by allwaystired