Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It's not the bad press. It would be the abuse of power and abuse of a woman who was personally hired by Axl.

Let's see how it develops. I'd expect Fernando to have some big shit lawyers that will try and paint her in the most negative light possible. I'd also expect any negative Kat stories to be coming indirectly through the Jarmos of this world as well as well hidden Reddit and discord accounts 

It's bad press, and minor bad press at that. No one knows who Fernando is. Sexual Harassment cases only blow up for famous people, and the only allegations made are against a guy no one cares about by a woman no one knows.

If it's between some short-term shit talking on the Internet that doesn't affect him financially vs potentially losing his entire family and support network... we all know what Axl would choose. Like I said, this will be settled out of court like all the lawsuits against GnR has been, and all but maybe a 100 people in the world will ever remember this case existed.

Edited by meadsoap

Longtime lurker. Hi. 👋 I didn’t know Beta has another son who is the accountant for the band and/or Axl. This entire family is on payroll and  dependent on Axl and the band continuing to tour. What does anyone know about the other son? Is he actually a CPA? Is Axl or Slash and Duff keeping on top of the books or if the books are being cooked? Obviously I can’t say for sure that there’s some shady dealings going on but there’s so much opportunity for it to happen and within a close knit family like the Lebeises who’s to say that they are truly acting in the best interest of Axl/GNR.

What if they’ve set up offshore bank accounts that they funnel money into that nobody besides them is aware. That leads to other questions as well but that’s not my business. It’s up to Axl to clean up this situation at least from a pr perspective but it doesn’t mean he will. Looking at what happened to Britney Spears and her financial estate during a thirteen year conservatorship at the hands of her own blood family, well, anything can happen to a person who’s famous, vulnerable and worth millions.

If nothing else this lawsuit clearly brings to light that Fernando has taken advantage of his position and abused his power. (Allegedly.) TB have admitted they don’t alert Axl to some things, but is that always for his benefit or theirs? He seems so attached to this family. It’s understandable considering his circumstances. Maybe I’m being an alarmist but… it’s still giving red flags. It would be best if Fernando “voluntarily” resigned and someone who’s actually qualified for the position was put in place to fill the role. The Lebeises can still remain Axl’s close friends but off payroll since they don’t offer much of value from a professional standpoint anyway. 

Edited by C.H.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, meadsoap said:

It's bad press, and minor bad press at that. No one knows who Fernando is. Sexual Harassment cases only blow up for famous people, and the only allegations made are against a guy no one cares about by a woman no one knows.

If it's between some short-term shit talking on the Internet that doesn't affect him financially vs potentially losing his entire family and support network... we all know what Axl would choose. 

Like I said, this will be settled out of court like all the lawsuits against GnR has been, and all but maybe a 100 people in the world will ever remember this case existed.

Yeah you're not really getting it. And this is a big deal. 

Everybody knows who gnr are. And if gnrs manager is in trouble the music industry has heard whether it makes the papers or not. 

It might be settled, maybe it won't be. The other cases were about unpaid fees, this is a whole lot messier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think if she was going start making allegations against the big 3, the place would have been in these legal letters and Fernando would be a foot note. This is far more credible that there isn't any suggestion of band members acting improperly 

I refered in case that Axl would fired to Fernando, he and his family would"be resentful with Axl and make up whatever about he.

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah you're not really getting it. And this is a big deal. 

Everybody knows who gnr are. And if gnrs manager is in trouble the music industry has heard whether it makes the papers or not. 

It might be settled, maybe it won't be. The other cases were about unpaid fees, this is a whole lot messier.

I'm still not getting what you're trying to say. "The industry has heard"... So what? What do you think will change? Louis CK is still booking arena tours, Rammstein came out completely unscathed, Motley Crue is selling out stadiums despite a whole primetime television show about their drummer beating his wife. In fact, "Pam and Tommy" may have made Motley Crue more popular.

Nobody ever gets "cancelled", and the only way "the industry" pushes anyone out is if they stop making people money. 

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Maybe. But with how shady (at least to outside) it is to have this "family" around a multi million dollar rock star, it's ripe for a true crime story. With pressure mounting who knows what can happen. Maybe nothing.

I wonder if TB kept Axl from watching that Brian Wilson movie? Cause the parallels to that? Phew. 

• Like 1

Just now, weaponsnflowers said:

I was just reffering to this whole thing that might or might not unfold with Fernando. I don't want to think that Axl and TB is that close to Brian Wilson situation. Axl seems a bit more his own man. 

I hope so. It would suck to find out he’s actually been under someone’s thumb like that this whole time. 

• Haha 1

Who would have thought that putting the idiot son of a Nanny in charge of a massive rock band would end badly? 

Fernando and Team Brazil are idiots who have turned GNR into a vehicle to promote their own self interests. The idea that he’s in any way capable of managing a band on the scale of GNR is laughable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Liquor & Whores said:

Maybe Fernando thought that if Fortus could, then...

We’re there any allegations against Fortus? I don’t recall any. 

5 minutes ago, martyngnr said:

Who would have thought that putting the idiot son of a Nanny in charge of a massive rock band would end badly? 

Fernando and Team Brazil are idiots who have turned GNR into a vehicle to promote their own self interests. The idea that he’s in any way capable of managing a band on the scale of GNR is laughable.

Sadly, Fernando immortalized himself in more than a few shots in the recent Perhaps music video. 

9 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Wow, not surprised by this at all. The spoiled brat, smug mother fucker. This is his nail in the coffin for his reputation. What a scumbag. Poor Kat. Imagine being prayed upon by fucking doofus Fernando while trying to do your job. 

She probably wouldn’t have had a problem if it was just the praying, but I think being preyed upon is what she had issue with. 

• Haha 1