Kat Benzova sues GNR/Fernando for copyright infringement and sexual harassment

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Much as we're all more enlightened by knowing what you'd do if you were sexually harassed, perhaps it might be best to leave the reaction and action times up to those who have been sexually harassed? 

Otherwise, you know, you risk looking like a judgmental sexist? 

who cares it fake look at Christine Blasey Ford she admitted to lieing about brett kavanaugh

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 3

Fact is we don't know until we know for sure if It did my heart goes put to her as this is a touchy subject for me for personal reasons. I am curious as to if GnR will release any kind of statement and/or fire Fernando. Maybe a change in management is what they need regardless at this point. 

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

btw, meegan is not gnr :lol:

She is not. 
Try telling that to the complete losers who get to the front row only to spend their time desperately looking for attention from Meegan and Susan. 

Absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

there’s a million hotchicks out there who are “photographers”.  Find a new one.

I think this is a disservice to Kat.  I think her photos are some of the best quality there is, to just get another photographer of the same quality isnt as easy as you might think.

45 minutes ago, elektra_reghaired said:

As a woman who works in "male" environment, I feel really sorry for Kat. Sometimes it is really hard for a woman to even admit herself that the harassment at work is actually happening. Then, you should go out with all these, asking yourself if people will believe you and could you prove that harassment happened. I know some of my female colleges who had similar experience and they a took a long time to say what happened - some were embarrassed, some were afraid from job losing or what other people would tell.  So, I totally understand her that she was waiting from 2016, especially because this is about a manager of one of the biggest band in the world.

It sounds as though they have it in writing - presumably email/SMS/messaging. 

Kat seemingly balanced her success and photographing on of the world's biggest tours vs grubby attention and fake promises from Fernando (and also we have to assume she was very well reimbursed for her time/photos - $8k for one flight for example). 

From the statements, where it says something about Fernando demanding she go see him for sex, that opens up the potential that there was a relationship of sorts (maybe I misread/misunderstood that part?). If not, she did very well to deal his is crude, grubby behaviour for as long as she did. Why should she walk away from the opportunity of a lifetime due to someone's unwanted attention.

Clearly once the professional side of things went very seriously sideways (for whatever reason), she had no need to tolerate his bullshit anymore. And voila - the case is made. Interesting what was said about GNR suing first, however. That changes the dynamic somewhat. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

It sounds as though they have it in writing - presumably email/SMS/messaging. 

Kat seemingly balanced her success and photographing on of the world's biggest tours vs grubby attention and fake promises from Fernando (and also we have to assume she was very well reimbursed for her time/photos - $8k for one flight for example). 

From the statements, where it says something about Fernando demanding she go see him for sex, that opens up the potential that there was a relationship of sorts (maybe I misread/misunderstood that part?). If not, she did very well to deal his is crude, grubby behaviour for as long as she did. Why should she walk away from the opportunity of a lifetime due to someone's unwanted attention.

Clearly once the professional side of things went very seriously sideways (for whatever reason), she had no need to tolerate his bullshit anymore. And voila - the case is made. Interesting what was said about GNR suing first, however. That changes the dynamic somewhat. 

I think that @Blackstar mentioned she did actually make the first lawsuit, but it was filed wrongly so had to do it again, and in the meantime GNR did theirs? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think that @Blackstar mentioned she did actually make the first lawsuit, but it was filed wrongly so had to do it again, and in the meantime GNR did theirs? 

Yes, there was an attempt by her lawyer to file a lawsuit back in late March (it is mentioned in GN'R's lawsuit, too).

But it seems that either her lawyer failed to submit the main lawsuit document in time or she changed her mind, so it's unknown if the sexual harassment accusations would have been in there:

20231859.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DSTK said:

So it's all about money then if she's suing him ? I'd want justice done rather than a payout...if anything has been done , I'm not defending anyone but trial by media has the verdict sorted already 

If there hasn't been any physical attacks, then it is mostly contractual/employment law. She's suing for professional integrity, loss of income and credit for her work - all of which were made difficult due to Fernando's alleged behaviour. It's a civil case at this stage. The fact is in't criminal is completely irrelevant. 

37 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

From the statements, where it says something about Fernando demanding she go see him for sex, that opens up the potential that there was a relationship of sorts (maybe I misread/misunderstood that part?)

I think this section might address it.

"

1166. On multiple occasions, out of fear, Benzova submitted-
verbally, but never physically- to Lebeis demands in order to get him to relent his
pervasive unwelcome advances and/or because she feared Lebeis, through his
GNR manager and proxy would disadvantage her.

"

4 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I think this section might address it.

"

1166. On multiple occasions, out of fear, Benzova submitted-
verbally, but never physically- to Lebeis demands in order to get him to relent his
pervasive unwelcome advances and/or because she feared Lebeis, through his
GNR manager and proxy would disadvantage her.

"

Ahhh, yep! That's addresses that bit. Thank you!