Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That anyone would think this is an acceptable post to make staggers me. 

Sad that people still harbour thoughts and views like this. 

In normal circumstances I would agree.

This woman openly admitted she was fine with it, then 34 years later sues? Sorry, but what do you expect?

Axl's always been a horrible little man and now we're shocked? :lol:

22 hours ago, DoubleTalkinComa said:

The top comment w/ over 6k likes on the "Axl Rose SA allegation" r/news thread was "I'd be surprised if he didn't have a sexual assault allegation!" The Reddit thread was filled with "And every 60 seconds a minute passes in Africa"-type comments. 

This is why his past self is an elephant in the room and part of why I think Axl should/should have addressed his past publicly. Sure, us hardcore GnR fans know that Axl is in a better place mentally and is much kinder and whatnot. But your average Joe still has the "asshole Axl" from the 80s/90s in their head when they think of him. 

Yeah, but unfortunately the legal and PR advice given around this stuff is always deny, lay low, and it will pass, and that usually ends up being right.

I am curious if Riki was going to say anything other than that vague Facebook post too. She is accusing him of watching and listening to a rape happen while he did nothing, I assume he would want his side of it told as well. Again, there is so much going on here I am having a hard time understanding who is telling the truth or not. A lot of people are saying that the impromptu phone interview with Stern is the interview she was talking about, but none of it matches what she said. Axl was in his hotel still asleep when that one happened, but she said she woke up alone and Axl was gone to visit Stern in studio. Does anyone have any more information about that, if she was saying that is the interview she meant? Or are people just saying that on her behalf? Because if that is what she said, it completely messes up her timeline. I'm not trying to poke holes into everything she said, I'm just trying to understand. I know Axl's lawyer was a PR answer only, I don't believe he never met her, maybe he truly does not remember what happened, but I don't believe they never hooked up or whatever 

It's a tricky one, this, in my humble opinion. If the alleged actions took place, he grabbed her by the hair, dragged her across the floor until she bled, and basically overpowered her. That's not what you expect from a hook-up. If you're into the rougher side of things, you tend to discuss what you're going to do, make sure everyone's on board, and set limits and safe words before going ahead. That is especially important when you don't know the other, and there's no established trust, nor knowledge of what the other likes and can cope with. As such a discussion does not appear to have taken place and Axl allegedly just went ahead and did that without clear consent his actions would, arguably, class as assault. It doesn't matter that she wanted sex - it's the way that he went about it that makes it problematic. Unless one-night-stands in the 80s were very different from now, you wouldn't expect to be injured and overpowered by your date.

But I don't think the case will go anywhere. If it ever went to a jury, all the defense would need to do is read excerpts from her memoirs, and show clips from the documentary, and it's pretty certain that the case will go Axl's way. Which makes me wonder why she's going ahead with this - she must know that her previous accounts undermine her case. There may be evidence that we do not know about. But there's no point speculating about that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Armchair legal analyst here.

So, as many have said, this likely will settle. I’d also like to say I am not taking side on this case yet and want to see how it plays out.

If it does go to trial, the defense is going to have an uphill battle. The plantiff gets to present their case and show their evidence in the form of testimonies and potentially witnesses. Now, if you’re the defense, what do you argue? You can’t run a case just saying “it didn’t happen”. So likely what will happen is the defense won’t run a case besides questioning witnesses and attacking credibility. Which might be possible- im not sure how much evidence exists for the plantiff. But one thing to remember is civil trials are not “guilty beyond a reasonable doubt”, it’s more about “is it more true than not true”. In the court of public opinion I wouldn’t be surprised if Axl is to be considered liable. He doesn’t have a great reputation in his heyday due to his mental state, and you can bet the plantiff will be attacking that and bringing it up any turn. The defense’s best bet is to bring up conflicting writings that the Plantiff has made and put her on blast for that. But you can bet she’s preparing her response for it and will be rehearsing that.

In short, Axl has so much money that he should just settle. Having this drag out in the media and get more publicity probably isn’t worth it for him or the band. 

The defense will have it easy.

The defense has two different examples of this women saying her hooking up with Axl was consensual back in the day.  Once in a video and another in her book. Now she is changing her story.  She is going to have to explain why she claimed it was consensual back then and not now. it sounds like buyers remorse now, and its even shadier that she is filing right before the statute of limitations runs out. It looks like a money grab

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I am curious if Riki was going to say anything other than that vague Facebook post too. She is accusing him of watching and listening to a rape happen while he did nothing, I assume he would want his side of it told as well. Again, there is so much going on here I am having a hard time understanding who is telling the truth or not. A lot of people are saying that the impromptu phone interview with Stern is the interview she was talking about, but none of it matches what she said. Axl was in his hotel still asleep when that one happened, but she said she woke up alone and Axl was gone to visit Stern in studio. Does anyone have any more information about that, if she was saying that is the interview she meant? Or are people just saying that on her behalf? Because if that is what she said, it completely messes up her timeline. I'm not trying to poke holes into everything she said, I'm just trying to understand. I know Axl's lawyer was a PR answer only, I don't believe he never met her, maybe he truly does not remember what happened, but I don't believe they never hooked up or whatever 

I reckon her lawyers looked for the Stern interview she was talking about in her book and didn't find anything. But instead they found the phone interview and even though it wasn't related to what she said, they set the timeline based on it (and I guess because Axl mentioned that he was there with Riki Rachtman and Riki's presence matched her story).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DeNfr said:

if she said it was a consensual relationship before, it probably was, so there's no case.

that said, that kind of defense "I have no recollection, I don't know this person, all made up, but it could be a photo, maybe I meet the gal..." sounds more like a "yeah I remember it's true but you can't prove it" 

luckyly Riki Rachtman is loyal and doesn't need money...

Axl is a rockstar, he has probably hooked up with hundreds of women. You think he recalls all of them? 

8 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

The defense has two different examples of this women saying her hooking up with Axl was consensual back in the day.  Once in a video and another in her book. Now she is changing her story.  She is going to have to explain why she claimed it was consensual back then and not now. it sounds like buyers remorse now, and its even shadier that she is filing right before the statute of limitations runs out. It looks like a money grab

If that evidence exists, then yes, the defense is in a good spot.

Yeah, right, Melissa missed a couple of shows last month as a show of “solidarity” for this woman, who filed the lawsuit two days ago. Some of you are out of your minds. 

As per the suggestion that the defense will have an uphill battle … not really. We armchair lawyers have already poked numerous holes in her story. Inconsistencies galore. Not to mention her describing the encounter as consensual multiple times in the past.

The only thing that could really damn the defense would be if Riki came out and said, “Yeah, that happened exactly as she stated.” Short of this, she doesn’t seem to have much of a case. I guess her and her defense’s hope is that they’ll just want to settle quickly to bury the story.

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Blackstarhow many times Axl has been sued in his life? For any reason

Several. He even talked about here once, if I’m not mistaken. When you’re a celebrity with money, you’re gonna get sued by someone. Whether it’s for hitting a person in the face with a microphone, an alleged sexual encounter, a former bandmate for royalties, etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Axl is a rockstar, he has probably hooked up with hundreds of women. You think he recalls all of them? 

yeah I think he remember almost everything unless he was too stoned to. Axl has an amazing memory, he memorizes hundred of funny jokes, can talk about events none of the other guys can remember, plus he apparently keeps a journal(s) where he notes everything. 

maybe you remember that time where he was on the phone with Izzy and he began to tell him "yeah but at that precise date you told about..." Izzy was like "huh?" when listening to Axl turning pages of his journal...

so yeah I think this kind of thing, he can remember very well, with whom, when, and what happened. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

yeah I think he remember almost everything unless he was too stoned to. Axl has an amazing memory, he memorizes hundred of funny jokes, can talk about events none of the other guys can remember, plus he apparently keeps a journal(s) where he notes everything. 

maybe you remember that time where he was on the phone with Izzy and he began to tell him "yeah but at that precise date you told about..." Izzy was like "huh?" when listening to Axl turning pages of his journal...

so yeah I think this kind of thing, he can remember very well, with whom, when, and what happened. 

Many people have described Axl’s uncanny ability to recollect old stories or moments, as he’s been described as a great storyteller. However, if he had a long run of one-night stands and booze in his heyday, I find it hard to believe he’d remember them all. Come on now. I can barely remember all of my sexual encounters, and I’m sure Axl has me beat by, oh, IDK, thousands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Many people have described Axl’s uncanny ability to recollect old stories or moments, as he’s been described as a great storyteller. However, if he had a long run of one-night stands and booze in his heyday, I find it hard to believe he’d remember them all. Come on now. I can barely remember all of my sexual encounters, and I’m sure Axl has me beat by, oh, IDK, thousands.

well, if Slash can remember sharing women with Axl or anyone else at that time, with all the drugs and booze he had in his system, Axl can.

Axl does have a good memory but the way he has gone deep on learning Knock Knock jokes and sharing them with Duff over text message since they became friends again has probably pushed other stuff out of his mind.

It's one thing having a good memory but when you know as many jokes as Axl does then you wonder what stuff he no longer remembers.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

well, if Slash can remember sharing women with Axl or anyone else at that time, with all the drugs and booze he had in his system, Axl can.

Just saying it’s not likely you’d remember every single person. And Slash might not be the greatest example you can give, since he’s another person who has said a lot of inconsistent things in the past, or accounted something that could not have been true.

4 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Axl does have a good memory but the way he has gone deep on learning Knock Knock jokes and sharing them with Duff over text message since they became friends again has probably pushed other stuff out of his mind.

It's one thing having a good memory but when you know as many jokes as Axl does then you wonder what stuff he no longer remembers.

I'm no scientist but I'm pretty confident the brain doesn't work like that

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Just saying it’s not likely you’d remember every single person. And Slash might not be the greatest example you can give, since he’s another person who has said a lot of inconsistent things in the past, or accounted something that could not have been true.

in the band you have Matt who remembers almost everything. I personally think Axl has an even better memory. and I'm pretty sure we'll all be amazed by the level of details of his memoirs if the book is released one day

31 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

I agree, if there's nothing else besides the he said she said from over 30 years ago and her own published words, then Axl should take this all the way thru trial and make her reimburse his legal fees when she loses. If he settles for even a buck to a case this weak, then it opens the door for him to be the piggy bank for every other woman he's had any kind of interaction with over the years.

The Fernando situation is a bit trickier. There appears to be credible evidence, and a lot of it. Unless they can prove it is fake - and we don't know shit, perhaps it is fake - then I think they need to start looking into how they can make this right. Based on what we know so far, I don't see this turning out well and I say that as a (mostly) Team Brazil supporter. Taking down the evidence is their only line of defense; Kat's actions/history and verbal testimony with no hard evidence are absolutely meaningless if they do not adequately address the evidence referenced in the lawsuit.

I do find something odd about the fact she says she merely hearing GNR songs can effect her so she avoids places where they might be played..... yet went out of her way on two different occasions to publically discuss her meetup with Axl voluntarily and happily.  Not to mention the widly different tone of those past accounts compared to now

Combine that with the fact that the statue in NT is about to expire, idk something seems strange about it all.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2